BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 98 ]  [ Total: 101 ]  [ Newest Member: cepaul ]
 All Forums
 Buy and Sell - Free
 Classifieds - NO commercial listings please
 How to Post Pictures With Your Ad!
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 1995 - Bayliner 4788 Pilothouse NY Topic Next Topic: 08 carolina skiff dlx, 115 motor, alum tr.  

Woodsong

RO# 20095

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  10:56:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Follow these directions:

1) Go to www.photobucket.com (any other free photo hosting site that allows embedding can be used but most folks use photobucket as it's free and user friendly).
2) Create an account by clicking the "Join Now" tab in the middle of the page towards the top.
3) Create a user name and password for your new account and click "next step".
4) Fill in the other info they ask for that you are comfortable giving out but they require at least email, gender, and zip code. To my knowledge photobucket does NOT spam so little worry there.
5) You will be routed to your account "home page." This is where you upload photos onto the photobucket site. You will need your pictures saved onto your harddrive, or, if your camera/picture card is directly plugged into your computer at time of upload, you can upload from there as well.
6) Click on the "Choose files" icon. This pulls up a directy from your computer. Select the appropriate file and image you want to upload. Once selected it will auto upload it to your photobucket account. It will take you to another page after uploaded where it asks you if you want to give the image a title which you can do or ignore. Once done there, click on "return to album."
7) You will be taken back to your "photo album" where you will now see the image you just uploaded. Place your mouse over that image. You will see a menu drop down that says "Email and IM, Direct Link, HTML Code, and IMG Code." IMG Code is what you want to select to post here. Essentially, the photo remains on the photobucket page but you are "embedding" it here on boatered...it allows it to be visible here but without using up boatered site bandwidth to host the image.
8) Put your mouse over the IMG Code section and right click to bring down another drop down menu. Select "COPY" from that drop down menu.
9) Open another browser page and come here to boatered.com. Start the thread you want to have a picture posted in and type away. When you are ready to insert the picture, place the curser exeactly where you want the picture to appear in your post. Once curser is in the correct spot, right click on your mouse and select "PASTE". It will paste the IMG code you copied in step #8.
10) Click "Post New Topic" below your new thread here on boatered.com Your new thread will appear and your image will be viewable by all.

One other option...when you go to upload, instead of clicking on "choose file" as noted in step #6 above, you can click on "bulk uploaded" or "old uploader." This will allow you to upload multiple files at once with less work. I typically prefer the old uploader format but either works and it is a lot easier to do it that way if you are wanting to upload/post 10-20 pictures or more as part of a for sale ad here on boatered.com.

~~Let's see...1987 Bayliner 4588 & 1995 Boston Whaler 17' Dauntless, and a few other water toys~~

Homeport: GA

Bob J

RO# 181

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  15:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woodsong, what do you think I did wrong while I tried to download my pix. They can be viewed if one clicks on the url but pix don't show on post w/o doing that. You can view my post for bimini boot to see what I'm trying to explain.

Bob J

Homeport: Waretown, NJ Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  16:24:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, make sure you are copying the IMG code.

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Woodsong

RO# 20095

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  19:31:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hogan is right- you did not post the IMG code with your pic- you were posting the email and IM link if that makes sense.

~~Let's see...1987 Bayliner 4588 & 1995 Boston Whaler 17' Dauntless, and a few other water toys~~

Homeport: GA Go to Top of Page

Surfer

RO# 12580

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  12:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PS.: click on "Preview" before you post and see if your picture is there.
Buzz

Homeport: Anasco Bay, Puerto Rico Go to Top of Page

Captain Jim

RO# 30889

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  21:08:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Woodsong

Hi, just wanted to say thank for info on pictures, i think i'v got it.
Captain Jim

Hinges for your Carver

Homeport: Pittsburg, Calif. Go to Top of Page

Flutterby

RO# 14378

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  21:53:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe this post should be a sticky for this forum?

Homeport: California Sierras/Gold Country Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 1995 - Bayliner 4788 Pilothouse NY Topic Next Topic: 08 carolina skiff dlx, 115 motor, alum tr.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.47 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com