boat-ed.com
BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 88 ]  [ Total: 94 ]  [ Newest Member: Elwood ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 South Florida Boating Club
 Do-It-Your-Self marina's in Stuart
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Inside Rack Storage Topic Next Topic: Ft. Lauderdale Dry Storage  

bob richards

RO# 1580

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  21:54:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see that there is A&J Marina, is this reliable? Are there any catches? Are there other's in the area? I need to paint my bottom.
'I am the way, the truth and the light, no one comes to the Lord accept through me' - Jesus Christ - Get it?

Homeport: Astor & Stuart, Fl.

bob richards

RO# 1580

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  17:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are two in the Stuart area that I have been able to find and one is going out of commission until the beginning of August (A&J Marina) as they are getting a new lift. A&J is 10/foot for hall out and block and a minimum for storage is 35 foot for 52.50/day. Port Salerno Marina is the other one and they are a little smaller apparently and all do-it-yourself with businesses that they work with. They are 10.50/foot to haul and block but they are only 29/day on the hard. Neither require you to buy materials from them.

Does anyone know anything about either of these marinas?

'I am the way, the truth and the light, no one comes to the Lord accept through me' - Jesus Christ - Get it?

Homeport: Astor & Stuart, Fl. Go to Top of Page

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  08:24:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you really painting your bottom? Why do you need a boat yard for that? Oh, you mean the boats bottom! I get it now...

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret
My oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..., did not end when I retired. I stand by it till the end.

Homeport: Elizabeth City, NC Go to Top of Page

bob richards

RO# 1580

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  12:43:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least that bottom would be a lot cheaper to paint...

sabrejocky

RO# 12195

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  18:00:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try Crackerboy in Fort Pierce, if I am not mistaken they are cheaper.

Cor

"Pretty Penny"
1990 50' High Tech Euro
Wellington, Florida
You ain't much if you ain't Dutch

Homeport: Miami, Florida Go to Top of Page

bob richards

RO# 1580

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  07:42:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went and talk to some of the boat owner's who were working on their boats at the Port Salerno Marina and they commented that the manager was nice to deal with. They have a guy that will do two coats of Trinidad SR inclusing running gear for 14/foot. He said he bring the running gear down to metal and barrier coats it and then bottom paints it as part of that price.

I am thinking that plus propspeed should do the trick for at least a year.

My wife and I went out to the inlet where there is a sand bar and scraped the barnacles off the boat. Took a couple of hours but I am back to normal running speed for a little while.

Hoping to get the boat out and painted next week.

bob richards

RO# 1580

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  07:44:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found out that I can get them to propspeed my propellers for another 150 which is cheaper than I can buy it for.

willysross

RO# 25104

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  22:00:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had my boat at Port salerno Marine and can't say enough. Very helpful lots of local contractors that the manager (Jack)keeps an eye on. If you are going to haul your boat, GO HERE!

Carver 3227 Prison Break
Aquasport 175

Homeport: California Delta Go to Top of Page

mixman

RO# 25362

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  22:06:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I second Crackerboy in Ft. Pierce. We had them load us on our trailer this past spring and we're going to change our plans and launch from there next year. Great yard with great staff.

--Kurt

20mph cruise at 5-7gph. Two hulls are better than one!
This is an ethanol-free boat.

Homeport: Chesapeake Bay Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Inside Rack Storage Topic Next Topic: Ft. Lauderdale Dry Storage  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 1.31 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Shop BoatStore.net!     Shop for Toys & Games!    Shop for Housewares!

Boatered.com