BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 142 ]  [ Total: 146 ]  [ Newest Member: SmokinCigarettes ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Sailing and Sailboats
 Tear to my eye...
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: I met a sad old couple today. Topic Next Topic: Going faster than the wind  

Prospective

RO# 23085

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  09:52:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, at the risk of sounding like a cry baby, I had one of those very proud "DAD" moments last night. My 10yo daughter has been taking sailing lessons this summer. She's been at it for a whole 8 days sailing Optomist Dingys. So she decided she wanted to try racing. She went out last night to race in the "fun" Wednesday night kids race. Well it was blowing 12-15knts with the wind against the tide throwing up a bit of chop. I was watching from a friends skiff and was completely freaked out.

It was a struggle for her to just get out to the race course beating to weather. She had never hiked out before but she had no choice and did it anyway. She made it a mile down river to the outer dingy dock. She landed and got off the boat and I figured that was it for her. But 10 minutes later she got back in her boat and started the race. She finished dead last and with a lot of help from the coaches. But she finished. I've never been so proud of anything ever.

Here's the finish. Just wanted to share.

1990 Tiara 3600 Open
Twin 3208 CAT Diesels

Homeport: Barrington, RI

gardnersf

RO# 13607

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  11:46:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats! It was a little snotty last night. We were in Potter's Cove entertaining our good friends from Florida. It's amazing how fast they grow up.

Scott Gardner
Smithfield, RI
1986 Trojan 10 meter Mid-Cabin Express "More Family Time"
Twin Crusader 454 Straight Inboards
1963 17' Boston Whaler - 90HP Evinrude

Homeport: Barrington, RI Go to Top of Page

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  12:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice...

My daughter went to sailing camp a couple of times, she always enjoyed it, it's a lot of fun for them and it teaches them a lot of stuff.

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Homeport: Miami, FL Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: I met a sad old couple today. Topic Next Topic: Going faster than the wind  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com