BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 111 ]  [ Newest Member: wlsomaha ]
 All Forums
 Old Forums
 Pacific Coast
 Lake Lanier background for Country Music Video
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Who wants to burn some gas? Topic Next Topic: JOA Marine filed bankruptcy in May?? (Lake Lanier)  

Woodsong

RO# 20095

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  08:07:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you all seen the video by the Zac Brown Band for their song "Toes"?
I had not heard the song until my almost 7 year old son asked me about it the other day, telling me it was his current favorite song besides Kenny Chesney. Reason it caught my attention was when I asked him about it, he recited the opening line for me: "I got my toes in the water, *ss in the sand, not a worry in the world, cold beer in my hand." Needless to say my jaw dropped! I realized at that moment that I would have to no longer allow him to listen to the country radio station just before he goes to bed as he has been doing the last week (he loves country music!) and would have to monitor his listening a bit more but we did have a good discussion about certain bad words that shouldn't be said.
Anyway- saw the video last night (after listening to the song I can see why he likes it) and was surprised to see it looks like it was mostly all shot on Lake Lanier:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB8Nkn3Xjes

0:28 seconds and 2:15- Daniel's Grocery at corner of Pilgrim Mill Road and Holtzclaw Road in Cumming.
Pretty much all the shots where he's singing he is sitting on a houseboat in cocktail cove.

3:55- flying over cocktail cove. Pretty sure that is CA&A and Heim Away From Heim rafted up in that shot for those who know them.

~~Let's see...1987 Bayliner 4588 & 1995 Boston Whaler 17' Dauntless, and a few other water toys~~

Homeport: GA

TaMiki Tiki Bar

RO# 30985

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  10:04:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard that song for the first time about 2 weeks ago and saw the video last week. It's great! My kids are Kenny Chesney fans also.

Homeport: Beaver Lake, Rogers, AR Go to Top of Page

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  11:06:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't be Lake Lanier, I see water :)

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

carver 2557

RO# 11591

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  11:13:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a great fan of Kenny Chesney's and enjoyed the video 100%, but I'm concerned about Lake Lanier...In the video there were cigarette bits thrown in the water, beer bottles broken on the shore and ATVs running around the shoreline and in and out of the water...Is it safe to boat in the water (when available)?...

Homeport: Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Who wants to burn some gas? Topic Next Topic: JOA Marine filed bankruptcy in May?? (Lake Lanier)  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com