BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 1 | Guests: 44 ]  [ Total: 45 ]  [ Newest Member: bopper94 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Formula Owners
 How Can They Treat My Baby Like That
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 2007 34 pc Topic Next Topic: Formula accepting at-factory work!  

LuBell

RO# 30482

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  21:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having to move up from, and sell my 1985 Formula 23' Performance Cruiser. What the NADA guideline values it at is about 10 grand LESS that what I thought (read: wanted) I could get for it. This is a unique, beautiful boat that I never see in the water. Has anybody else had to endure their "baby" suffering such humiliation. Makes me want to keep her. No it don't.....but you know what I mean.
LuBell
Playing, Being, Driving "SEA SHARP"

Homeport: Chicago, Illinois

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  15:29:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone who sells their boat has to sell it for less than they think it's worth. Join the club.

Homeport: VA Go to Top of Page

TIMEOUT90

RO# 19919

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  19:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I felt that way, until I realized that 30% less on trade for my boat was waaaay less $ than 30% off the new one! Good luck on moving up... new Formula?

-Dana

Formula 41PC

Homeport: Hudson, WI Go to Top of Page

LuBell

RO# 30482

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  08:05:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dana, Thanks for that perspective. It's a great point that I never thought about. Most times you get a better deal buying a boat than the person got who bought one from you. But because there's more emotion involved in the boat you've been attached to, you don't realize it. Even if the comparison between you buying and trading is the same - it's still cool. Moving from that angle makes this transition a lot more bearable. BTW, I'm buying a 32' Carver Montego with more than a 12' beam. With grandkids, I need all the room I can get for the little money they've left me with.

LuBell
Playing, Being, Driving "SEA SHARP"

Homeport: Chicago, Illinois Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 2007 34 pc Topic Next Topic: Formula accepting at-factory work!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.35 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com