BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 102 ]  [ Total: 102 ]  [ Newest Member: wlsomaha ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Cruisers Yachts Owners
 Leakie Porthole
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 3075 replacement top Topic Next Topic: New to Cruisers Yachts (3580)  

RumDiet

RO# 9903

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  14:50:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have 2005 230 Espress. We have an opening porthole on the starboard side, just above the salon table that has developed a leak. It appears that the rubber gasket is shot.

I've tried tightening down the screws, putting plastic behind the dog that holds the window shut (to increase the pressure on the gasket) as well as putting plactic behind the gasket (also in an attempt to increase pressure).

Any ideas?

The window has no indication of who makes it.

Thanks in advance
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals
dying of nothing.

Homeport: Englewood, NJ /Brooklyn, NY

Good Grief

RO# 13137

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  07:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
try calling Cruisers - their parts dept. should be able to get you info, if not the necessary parts.
I would think the port lights would be the same mfgr as the roof hatches - my '03 3372 has Bomar hatches . . ..

Good luck.

-Gene
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Homeport: Viking Boat Yard, Verplank NY Go to Top of Page

RumDiet

RO# 9903

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  11:16:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks - my thoughts exactly!

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals
dying of nothing.

Homeport: Englewood, NJ /Brooklyn, NY Go to Top of Page

blue horizon

RO# 26599

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  01:15:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm having the same problem over the v- berth. Should I remove the trim to the porthole and try silicone sealer or caulk of some sort? Also will that come off after just removing the screws around the perimiter? What aoubt outside of the boat. This is NEW territory for me so any feedback is appreciated.
thanks

Homeport: new york Go to Top of Page

Good Grief

RO# 13137

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  06:45:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure the trim ring holds a gasket - perhaps yours has simply dried out, and needs replacement. I did a quick search for Bomar Hatch parts, and got some basic info. I suggest you try a similar search, and you may just find a parts diagram, etc.

good luck.

-Gene
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Homeport: Viking Boat Yard, Verplank NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 3075 replacement top Topic Next Topic: New to Cruisers Yachts (3580)  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.42 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com