BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 9 | Guests: 118 ]  [ Total: 127 ]  [ Newest Member: Bumpo64 ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Sailing and Sailboats
 Anybody heard of this manufacturer?
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: deleted Topic Next Topic: TMI - Texas Marine International Sailboats  

Fishlips

RO# 23379

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  15:32:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son just purchased a 1978 Kells 22' shoal draft cruiser w trailer and 8HP outboard.It is in decent condition with good sails and new rigging,Trailer is 1996 and in great shape.It seems to be perfect to learn how to sail.Paid $1300.Has anybody heard of this manufacturer.Built in Rhode Island.I cannot find ANY history on them.

Homeport: Bayville,NJ

abbott

RO# 20746

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  19:46:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was looking at sailboats the Kells was one I considered. It has nice lines and I believe it is quite seaworthy. Good choice and sounds like a good price.

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Fishlips

RO# 23379

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  07:05:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I like the lines on it and with some cleaning and TLC it should be a smart looking craft.We are going to learn to sail together and will probably find a slip for it in Oriental,NC.The best thing is that I will be spending time with my Son on the water...priceless!

Homeport: Bayville,NJ Go to Top of Page

saltysam

RO# 26

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  17:39:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm reminded of the phrase "You're a lucky man, Magee".
Enjoy !

Cheers!
Bill

Homeport: New River, Ft Lauderdale Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: deleted Topic Next Topic: TMI - Texas Marine International Sailboats  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.38 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com