BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 127 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: nancyeliza ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Wellcraft Owners
 update - plastic water holding tank. Bad Business
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: trouble shooting my windless Topic Next Topic: PLASTIC VENT COVERS  

charliekeri

RO# 30755

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  14:52:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WARNING!
DON'T EVER CONSIDER THIS COMAPANY FOR ANY OF YOUR PLASITC NEEDS!!!!
Custom Plastic Fabricators in Fort Meyers Florida. They made me a tank - It leaked, made me pay return shipping. Repaired (NOT REPLACED) the leaking one. It leaked worse. They repaired it so poorly they blamed UPS for the problem and then completely rejected my calls and emails when UPS rejected their claim. If it wasn't for my credit card company giving me a refund I would have suffered a total $$ loss. I am going back to aluminum out of pure frustration. Spent the last 2 months of the season without a fresh water tank

Homeport: Charlestown, MD

TJM

RO# 2909

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  11:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that sux.

I do alot of plastic fabrication of tanks and structures. It is not that difficult. The repairing side is just as easy if you know what you are doing.

You're right for posting it here. Boating is too expensive as it is without that aggravation.
Glad the credit card company protected financially

Tom
41' President

Homeport: Essex, Ct Go to Top of Page

charliekeri

RO# 30755

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  15:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE.

It appears that customplasticfabricators.com uner the direction of Lana Warren has gone out of business. Website is down and phone numbers are disconnected.
Big surprise.......

I wound up buying an aluminum tank from Luthers Welding out of Rhode Island. Best price, Great service and Great product.

-Charlie

Homeport: Charlestown, MD Go to Top of Page

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  06:03:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the inside of the tank coated? Aluminum will impart a taste into your water wont it?

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret
My oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..., did not end when I retired. I stand by it till the end.

Homeport: Elizabeth City, NC Go to Top of Page

charliekeri

RO# 30755

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  07:58:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes it's coated, but in my opinion holding tank water never tastes right. When I want a nice fresh tasting glass of water it comes from another 2 1/2 gallon tupperware type container we keep for that.

C

Homeport: Charlestown, MD Go to Top of Page

TJ7777

RO# 27397

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  21:05:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

There is a company called http://plastic-mart.com/, They have some nice water tanks.

TJ

Better boating in the Finger Lakes!

Homeport: NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: trouble shooting my windless Topic Next Topic: PLASTIC VENT COVERS  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com