BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 8 | Guests: 113 ]  [ Total: 121 ]  [ Newest Member: nancyeliza ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Cruisers Yachts Owners
 Removing Shaft coupling
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: New to Cruisers Yachts (3580) Topic Next Topic: Cruisers 3470 (year 2002)  Boat Sold  

pryner

RO# 13645

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  07:38:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to change my tides shaft seals with new pss seals. I've tried to move the old tides seals and changed the seal with the spare and they still leak. THe boat is a '96 and the seal housing is leaking. Anyway, how do I remove the shaft coupling to get the old housing off and the new one on? I've seen the video the pss puts out but the coupling they use is very small and not the same configuration at all. What holds the shaft in place so it doesn't slide out the rear of the coupling. Any help is appreciated.
Pete

Homeport: Riverview, FL

pryner

RO# 13645

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  07:45:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops, sorry should have given more info on the boat. It is a 3650 with 3116 cats and zf transmissions.

Homeport: Riverview, FL Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: New to Cruisers Yachts (3580) Topic Next Topic: Cruisers 3470 (year 2002)  Boat Sold  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.31 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com