BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 127 ]  [ Total: 131 ]  [ Newest Member: gtex50 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Formula Owners
 1990 36PC Advice for a Friend
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 1999 34 PC Topic Next Topic: trenton marine  

ChefJunk

RO# 28882

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  21:05:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Formula Fans,

I am taking a trip to New England and a friend of mine wants to stop to look at a 1990 36PC he is interested in. Can any of you tell me what he should look for as far as potential issues? The vessel has been re-powered with Diesels recently and looks (from photo's) to be in good shape (aside from a tacky bolt on hard top).

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Homeport: Sandusky, OH

Roy

RO# 114

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  21:21:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, you didn't say if New England meant fresh water or salt water. The comments below apply to both, but I guess more so to salt water. Unfortunately, even Formula boats can become "old boats". I have a 1996 330SS which I absolutely love, but it seems every time I turn around there is a hose that needs replacing, an electrical contact that is corroded, a seal that is leaking, a pump that doesn't work, etc etc etc. Some of these repairs require major surgery just to get to the bad part. I've had bills that are $50 for parts and $500 for labor. Unless the owner is able to perform much of this type of repair work himself, he needs to be prepared for fairly constant heavy repair bills.

"Livin' life in the laid back lane" - Sunny Jim

Homeport: Sarasota FL Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 1999 34 PC Topic Next Topic: trenton marine  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.33 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com