BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 122 ]  [ Total: 129 ]  [ Newest Member: Robert Lamkin ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Silverton Owners
 Silverton Refit and Repower Center
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 442 silverton Topic Next Topic: 80s 34C info needed  

linesix

RO# 32029

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  20:49:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.silverton.com/refits.html

Silverton is now doing repower and refits at their Millville location. They will service any brand.

Homeport: NJ

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  20:58:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems like a wise business move to keep things going until boats start to sell again.

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page

rduhon

RO# 29321

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  00:46:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hatteras is doing the same thing.

Homeport: Lake Charles, La Go to Top of Page

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  18:09:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just emailed Rick about a makeover for the master stateroom. I would love to have a centerline berth. Also Greg, has this been posted on the SOC?

PS
Thanks for your help today Greg.

Walter

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  23:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw it somewhere, so I assume it was there. You're welcome.

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  23:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your a good man Greg

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - May 23 2010 :  15:40:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mainship and Luhrs are being redone at the same center as Silverton. I stopped at their booth at the last Atlantic City boat show. I'd like to have the soft goods redone in the Salon of my Mainship.
http://www.mainship.com/refits.html
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Edited by - Billylll on May 23 2010 15:55:25

Homeport: Tuckerton, N.J. Go to Top of Page

rduhon

RO# 29321

Posted - May 23 2010 :  15:58:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gotta keep the employees working.
Good way to do it.

Homeport: Lake Charles, La Go to Top of Page

Woodsong

RO# 20095

Posted - May 23 2010 :  17:53:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The guy that bought my 38 sport bridge lives in NJ and he had it shipped from GA to the silverton plant when it left here this winter and he had them refit some stuff...updated the salon dinette table to the post-2006 version (i.e. built in storage under the table), full electronics, etc. etc. I talked to him the other week- he was very happy with the work they did for him!

~~Let's see...1987 Bayliner 4588 & 1995 Boston Whaler 17' Dauntless, and a few other water toys~~

Homeport: GA Go to Top of Page

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  07:15:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I have a bit*h with the refit center. I have called twice and left voice mail messages, sent 3 e-mails one with pictures and still not a single reply in almost a month. I want to have my salon soft goods all recovered, modernized and the boat carpeted. I guess they are too busy to answer.
Anyone who knows me or my boat knows I am not a cheap skate when it comes to spending money.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Edited by - Billylll on Jul 24 2010 07:17:49

Britanic

RO# 27562

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  09:30:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, i have found Gioia Sails in Lakewood to be very good. They are the OEM for Silverton and are local. Tour their site, very capable and reasonable in price. If you show up there, Dawn will take good care of you.

Homeport: Barnegat Bay, NJ Go to Top of Page

Woodsong

RO# 20095

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  10:08:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Billylll

Well I have a bit*h with the refit center. I have called twice and left voice mail messages, sent 3 e-mails one with pictures and still not a single reply in almost a month. I want to have my salon soft goods all recovered, modernized and the boat carpeted. I guess they are too busy to answer.
Anyone who knows me or my boat knows I am not a cheap skate when it comes to spending money.
Bill

Bill, you need to go to the MAINSHIP refit center! ;)
Bizarre that they would not call back?

~~Let's see...1987 Bayliner 4588 & 1995 Boston Whaler 17' Dauntless, and a few other water toys~~

Homeport: GA Go to Top of Page

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  09:12:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, the refit center for Silverton, Mainship and Luhrs are all one and the same.
I placed another call this time I got past voice mail the rep told me they would get back to me.
I have a feeling they are not well staffed.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  17:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been almost a month since my last contact with them, I am still waiting?
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Dusty Rhoads

RO# 10868

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  18:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gioia did our canvas/windows and upper carpet over the winter, and installed in the spring. Very fair pricing, no one local could compare, and job was excellent.

Dusty "Moon River"

Homeport: Annapolis, MD Go to Top of Page

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  01:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm concerned Gioia might not be able to do our salon sofa pull out bed. Perhaps if I just keep guessing and never call them I will never know? Still not a word back from the re-fit center a real bummer. I'm not as worried about the other soft goods and carpet as I am with the sofa/bed.
I had the seating in the bridge redone locally here in Tuckerton the guy did an excellent job but he feels he isn't up to do the salon work.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

scrubbaby1963

RO# 32627

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  10:58:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I CALLED THEM FOR A PRICE ON SOME CANVAS WORK ON A 34 SILVERTON EXPRESS AND THEY WERE $2,000 HIGER THEN ANYONE LOCAL!

Homeport: new york Go to Top of Page

oneillch

RO# 30796

Posted - Jun 20 2011 :  11:49:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill,

Is the pull-out sofa a built-in unit? If so, you should be able to remove the cushions and bring them to someone that does re-upholstery work. It doesn't have to be from someone that does "boat" work.

We have a '94 Silverton convertible and the fabic was aging and dated. I recovered the fabric panels in the salon, dinette and island berth. No sew, just wrap the old panels like you would with wrapping paper. Trick is to keep the fabric taught and the pattern straight. The hardest part was lining the back of the panels that are exposed to the outside.

Lady C

Edited by - oneillch on Jun 20 2011 12:09:43

Homeport: edison, nj Go to Top of Page

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  08:10:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oneillch

Bill,

Is the pull-out sofa a built-in unit? If so, you should be able to remove the cushions and bring them to someone that does re-upholstery work. It doesn't have to be from someone that does "boat" work.

We have a '94 Silverton convertible and the fabic was aging and dated. I recovered the fabric panels in the salon, dinette and island berth. No sew, just wrap the old panels like you would with wrapping paper. Trick is to keep the fabric taught and the pattern straight. The hardest part was lining the back of the panels that are exposed to the outside.

Lady C

It can be unbolted. With the panels and other trim softgoods I agree I could do that myself. The sofa is actually 2 pieces and the rear back of the sofa portion doesn't appear to be able to be seperated or I would send the seat cushions out and back cushions.
Boy isn't this thread old?
For the record the Mainship refit center never ever returned over 6 voice mails. I got an excuse e-mail from the VP saying to call another person incharge and they would give me a free tour. BS, I don't want a free tour I just want the sofa and pull out bed a 2 piece unit recovered. I could even have it pulled by my employees and delivered in our box truck.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Bliss

RO# 2743

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  09:40:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In your voice mails did you say what the work was? Maybe this is how they say they're not interested in the project. Not very classy, if so.
I had a very fine local upholsterer give me a quote for what was mostly labor - I had my own fabrics. I pulled out all of the "furniture" in the Silverton 402 saloon and galley and delivered it to a him. While it was being done I had wood floors installed. That was in 1999. It still looks great. If you go to Yachtworld and search S-tons only in Wisconsin the 402 is in Marinette, WI The pics will give an idea of what you can do. Good luck!

Homeport: Reef Point Racine, WI Go to Top of Page

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  09:43:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I emailed Rick at Silverton about re-doing the master state room, I received an email back from him a few days later. Unfortunately, they were not able to do this.
I have found email is the preferred source of communications these days with most manufactures.

George Carlin

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  11:41:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In fact I told them I wanted a price for a diesel conversion, sent them pictures of the current ER and interior, I also said I wanted the entire salon and sette updated and new interior carpet. Only the 1 appologetic pathetic reply never anything else no follow up as in -0-. I have to say I knew they might be a few dollars more but at a minimum I expected a return e-mail or callback.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Previous Topic: 442 silverton Topic Next Topic: 80s 34C info needed  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.41 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com