BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 1 | Guests: 88 ]  [ Total: 89 ]  [ Newest Member: nancyeliza ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Cruisers Yachts Owners
 3075 replacement top
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: bilge pump failing Topic Next Topic: Leakie Porthole  

agriman

RO# 16444

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  18:09:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a friend looking to replace his camper top on his 3075 Crusiers. Does anyone know the original manufacturer and if they would still be in business?

Homeport: Lighthouse Cove, On.

abalmuth

RO# 13885

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  18:17:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you know what year the boat is?

Have you tried the Cruisers owners desk at: 866 734 2770?
Ask for parts and ask them for the oem vendor

Carver Voyager 530 with Volvo 122's/610HP
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.........

Homeport: Huntington/Greenport, NY Go to Top of Page

Time 2 Play

RO# 30860

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  22:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have A 97'3075 and last year when I bought the boat there was no canvas other than the top. I did contact Cruisers about a replacement and they no longer have paper templets, they were never converted to an electronic version :( .So If anyone has access to this please also let me know. A local canvas shop can make new ones for about 6k ouch! Good luck and keep us informed.

Homeport: Seabrook, Texas Go to Top of Page

Good Grief

RO# 13137

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  07:13:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just replaced the bimini top on our '03 3372. Went thru the local dealer (were we purchased the boat), who went back to Cruisers.

The the dealer did give us 15% off list - list being what Cruisers quoted us when we called them directly. A good canvas shop could make "custom" canvas (but aren't all canvas' "custom" when you think about it!) - the big advantage to a canvans shop being the ability to make it with extra zippers, etc, to fit the use of the owner. We chose to go back to Cruisers as: a) they still had the template, b) they had the actual canvas color and weight, which matches the canvas onboard we DIDN'T replace, and c)the Bimini matched up exactly with our existing (factory) eisenglass.

FWIW - Here in NY, we found that a custom canvas shop is cheaper than factory (if you can get factory, as T2P points out) - we had a custom cockpit cover made for about 30% less than the factory canvas, and we fit it to our needs (in our case, factory canvas went over the windsheild and snap at the bottom of the windshield - we chose to have it snap at the top of the windshield) If you need full canvas (e.g., bimini top, eisenglass sides, rear), you have far more options with a custom shop (adding 'smilies', opening eisenglass with screens, tinted eisenglass, etc.), and you may actually save a few $$$ in the process.

hope this helps.

-Gene
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Homeport: Viking Boat Yard, Verplank NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: bilge pump failing Topic Next Topic: Leakie Porthole  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.33 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com