boat-ed.com
BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 10 | Guests: 110 ]  [ Total: 120 ]  [ Newest Member: mark h bischoff ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Carver Owners
 Hull Deadrise For Transducer (1989 Santego)
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Suggestions For Santego Radar/GPS Antenna Mounting Topic Next Topic: Misery loves company... my list  

hawkeyes01

RO# 31963

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  16:46:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I currently have a transducer mounted on the starboard side of the middle line of the boat, about 10 feet from the back. It is in the same compartment that houses the V-Drive if anyone is familiar with the setup of an '89 38 ft. Santego.

I'm going to replace this transducer. The transducer I want to purchase has two models to select from depending on the deadrise angle of the hull where it is mounted. Options are:

1. 0 - 12 degree deadrise
2. 13 - 24 degree deadrise

Anyone have any idea which one I need to purchase?

Homeport: WA

hawkeyes01

RO# 31963

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  16:50:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One note, in the specs on the Carver website for the 89 Santego, they state the hull has a 12 degree deadrise at the transom. Did I just answer my own question? Or do I need to figure out the specific angle at the location where I want to mount the transducer?

Homeport: WA Go to Top of Page

imspacemancraig

RO# 31301

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  11:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are going to want to measure the deadrise at the specific location of where you want to install the transducer. I just had a new transducer mounted on my Mariner. I went to ACE Hardware and bought a angle measuring tool called a Magenetic Angle Locator that you hold level and tilt the tool up and then count the degrees to get the proper measurement. Cheap tool (12.99) that I will use once most likely, but got the deadrise which was a bigger angle than I had imagined. I ended up getting the 13-24 degree transducer as mine was 18 degrees where it was mounted.

Go to ACE Hardware's site and do a search for a "Magnetic Angle Locator". When you are about to spend some coin on a transducer, might as well get the right one.

Homeport: Winneconne, WI Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Suggestions For Santego Radar/GPS Antenna Mounting Topic Next Topic: Misery loves company... my list  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.64 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Shop BoatStore.net!     Shop for Toys & Games!    Shop for Housewares!

Boatered.com