BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 121 ]  [ Total: 127 ]  [ Newest Member: bopper94 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Chaparral Owners
 240 Sig performance
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 290 signature tv Topic Next Topic: Gauges  

hexplor1

RO# 19052

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  10:42:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I have a 2006 Sig 240 with 5.0 270 MPI & Volvo DP and the boat just feels sluggish coming up on plane. It has lots of bow rise and takes too long in my opinion to level out. The bottom is clean and rpm's seem in the normal range. I have tried using with and w/o trim tabs, etc. with no luck. Anybody have a similar issue?

Homeport: Burlington, Vermont

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  12:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you reaching correct WOT rpms?

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret
My oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..., did not end when I retired. I stand by it till the end.

Homeport: Elizabeth City, NC Go to Top of Page

Liquid Diet 2

RO# 19955

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  09:07:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please don't take this the wrong way, and it's just my opinion, but you're just another boat owner with a marginally powered vessel. You will never regret having too much torque and horsepower, but will always regret not having enough. I learned this lesson quickly after my first boat purchase 14 years ago. I sold it after one year.

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  17:16:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That motor is fine for that boat in my opinion. It just sounds over propped.

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret
My oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..., did not end when I retired. I stand by it till the end.

TheGreatEscapeII

RO# 28606

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  18:43:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same boat and motor setup and do not have any problems. What props do you have? I top out at 5k RPM's running about 42MPH via GPS. Have you changed the fuel filter lately? How old is your gas?

Captain Joey
TowBoatUS Captain - Lake Lanier
50 Ton Master, OUPV 100 Ton
Towing Endorsement
2005 Chaparral Signature 240

Homeport: Cumming, GA Go to Top of Page

hexplor1

RO# 19052

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  10:48:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I am checking all that I can think of as the boat has not been run in 2 seasons. I am running the original factory 3-blade SS duo-prop set-up so I don't think that is the problem. Old gas could be however.

Homeport: Burlington, Vermont Go to Top of Page

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  11:36:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hex: I bring up the prop issue because mine was overpropped when I bought it. THe dealer swapped out the props that came from the factory...

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret

vettster

RO# 32208

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  11:58:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 1996 24 Signature with the 5.0 and volvo dual prop . Runs top end at about 45 mph rb2rb2@gr5tgr5t 4400-4500 rpm's. Probably could use some more rpms but gets out of the hole OK ...I like the top end. Has a hard time planing out at Powell(high elevation) with a big load and fueled up.

Homeport: Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 290 signature tv Topic Next Topic: Gauges  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com