BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 89 ]  [ Total: 94 ]  [ Newest Member: Heckjo ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Wellcraft Owners
 Cabin door parts?
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Reversing a tranny Topic Next Topic: Looking for a Gran sport owner to ask questions  

The Vault

RO# 31317

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  10:58:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know where to get new slides for the cabin door on a wellcraft portofino?
Or a new door? Mine is very hard to open and close.
thanks

Homeport: OH

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  06:51:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might be able to get parts thru Tailor*Made. Sometimes Wellcraft might hae the parts. I would also check with Marine Salvage in Sarasota they have all the old left over factory stuff from Wellcraft, Chris Craft and Donzi. THey are on 15th street east. If googling doesnt help, I have their number at home.

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret
My oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..., did not end when I retired. I stand by it till the end.

Homeport: Elizabeth City, NC Go to Top of Page

The Vault

RO# 31317

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  13:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. I cannot find that salvage yard on google. If it's not to much trouble can you send over the number?
Thanks

Homeport: OH Go to Top of Page

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  06:38:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My bad I said salvage and it shhould be surplus. Here's their info

Marine Surplus
www.marinesurplusinc.com
7070 15th Street East
Sarasota, FL 34243-3242
(941) 758-3552

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret
My oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..., did not end when I retired. I stand by it till the end.

Edited by - Shadowcruzr on Jun 21 2010 06:39:18

Homeport: Elizabeth City, NC Go to Top of Page

PAPI

RO# 31978

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  21:24:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Any luck on the Portofino door slides? I am in need of the lower track on the main door.

Homeport: FL Go to Top of Page

The Vault

RO# 31317

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  12:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not yet, still coming up short on these items.

Homeport: OH Go to Top of Page

Max_L

RO# 29499

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  18:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 1994 Portofino with two 435HP Cats. When all is working it is a great boat. I have owned it for the past two years and just about have everything to where I want it. I had to put a head on one engine, two Turbo Cartridges and now I have to find out why the timing keeps sliding out. When the engines, props, shafts and everything is aligned the boat performs great. I cruise at about 27 mph at about 2100 rpm with a fuel burn of .85 gallons an hour with teh genny running underway. I've been able to maintain that speed in 3 to 4 footers in both following and head seas (Fresh water). Great boat, things I'm working on currently, besides the timing; silent flushing toilet, larger waste holding tank, inline fresh water filters, refurbishing the Zub-Zero's and that is it. What I've done: new shower sump, rebuilt AC mother boards and temp sensors, new windlass, 200 foot of chain, all new canvas and esineglass, new 3000 inverter with 6, 6 volt batteries and 2 interstates for house power, standard maintenace on engines and Genny, props balanced tuned (unfortunatley hit a rock and dinged one and now have to do them over during the winter). Lots of work but a labor of love.

Try using vasline in the tracks of the door channels. If it's a hot day it's even better to put it in. If not use a hair dryer to make it all gooey. Slop it in, clean the outside and run the door back and forth til it gets easy to slide.

Most parts come from vendors not from Wellcraft.

He who knows best knows how little he knows.

Homeport: Richards Landing, Canada Go to Top of Page

CaptCrunch

RO# 32171

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  18:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I needed a door channel for my chris craft, I called them directly and bought it factory direct.

Hatteras 38c. PhishStix
Past
25 Chris Craft Crowne Totalled Hurricane Sandy
2000 Donzi Z32 SS - Sold

Homeport: Bellmore, NY Go to Top of Page

rt48

RO# 31573

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  21:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you can find most of the door parts at Teak Isle in Florida. Google it. I bought the trucks for my Portofino there. Good luck

Homeport: Ar Go to Top of Page

AustinPaul

RO# 17353

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  19:38:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The cabin door on my Port was sticky and jerky. For a quick fix, I sprayed some silicone (think Armour All) on it - that was about three years ago. I may have sprayed it once more since then, but it's been smooth as silk ever since.

PaulS

"SNARE'D"

Homeport: Austin, Texas Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Reversing a tranny Topic Next Topic: Looking for a Gran sport owner to ask questions  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.38 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com