BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 110 ]  [ Newest Member: Farm ]
 All Forums
 Cruising Guides
 Inside Passage
 Roche harbor trails.
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Georgia Blues (Strait of) Topic Next Topic: Inside Passage 2010 - Stalwyn  

Wingspar

RO# 1979

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  14:33:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With my engines fixed and tuned off we went last Tuesday evening. Spent a few days up in the gulf islands. Stopped at Roche harbor on Saturday in case US customs wanted us to come in but a phone call was all it took. Thanks Nexus!

We walked up to the open air theater they have just east of the new housing development that does Shakespeare Under The Stars. It wasn't open until next week and we continued up the road? only to find a trail system. Walked up it for about 1/4 of a mile to find a small lake about 80' by 200' surrounded by 200' rock faced wall. Great place to hang out at on a tube during a hot day. On our way back we discovered a few view points with 180 degree views of the surrounding area. Lokking forward to more exploring next time.

Dave

Homeport: Semiahmoo, WA

Ghost

RO# 689

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  23:37:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried the walk up mt. Young at garrison?

It's great. We were there two days, now sitting in hunter bay wondering why we are having strong wind gusts when the fcst is only 5-15 tonight. I'm sure we will do find but I'm tired and not looking fwd to trying to keep one eye open until midnight.

Oh well, it's the rough life we lead as boaters

What part of GALE WARNING did you not understand?

Homeport: Everett Wa Go to Top of Page

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  08:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where's the pictures Dave? Us flatlanders love them mountain pics...

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret
My oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..., did not end when I retired. I stand by it till the end.

Homeport: Elizabeth City, NC Go to Top of Page

Wingspar

RO# 1979

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  09:22:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I've been up Mt. Young as we anchor at Garrison bay all the time. Keep safe out there. Here is a pic...

Paul, I forgot my camera on this trip. It really was neat seeing this small lake surrounded by 200' rock walls. Just a few locals tubing in it.

Dave

Homeport: Semiahmoo, WA Go to Top of Page

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  07:05:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice pic. THanks

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret
My oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..., did not end when I retired. I stand by it till the end.

Homeport: Elizabeth City, NC Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Georgia Blues (Strait of) Topic Next Topic: Inside Passage 2010 - Stalwyn  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.44 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com