BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 127 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: nancyeliza ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Wellcraft Owners
 trouble shooting my windless
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wellcraft for sale Topic Next Topic: update - plastic water holding tank. Bad Business  

RBD

RO# 16247

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  14:04:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 1999 wellcraft 3600 martinique with a lewmar anchor windless that is not working.
I was wondering if anyone has a step by step procedure on how to investigate the problem.
The first step in the operation of the windless is to turn on a accessory switch on the panel next to the driver. It should show a red light in the switch to show it has power. It does not indicate power. I transferred the wires to a switch that i know is good ,still no power to the switch.
I do not have a schematic

Homeport: Buffalo, NY

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  14:50:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will probably get a much better response on the engines and electric forum. Lots more people read it and it's not really a Wellcraft issue.

Homeport: VA Go to Top of Page

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  06:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are two fuses/CB for that system: One very large (90 amp) CB in the engineroom that protects the large wires feeding power to the motor. THere is also a small (3 or 5 a fuse/CB) for the control wires. This is inside the helm area. I cant remember if it was an inline fuse or a panel mounted one. Follow the red wire from the switch center position to find that fuse.

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret
My oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..., did not end when I retired. I stand by it till the end.

Homeport: Elizabeth City, NC Go to Top of Page

RBD

RO# 16247

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  06:40:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Paul I will continue to try to locate the fuse/cb that should be in the control circuit.

Homeport: Buffalo, NY Go to Top of Page

Flutterby

RO# 14378

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  02:33:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just shoot the windless and get a new one......

Homeport: California Sierras/Gold Country Go to Top of Page

RBD

RO# 16247

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  07:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my problem was a circuit breaker that tripped but did not really protrude enough to visually see that it tripped .
Pressed the button with a little more force and it reset.
Operated the windless 5-6 times and no problems.
Also made sure to have my back up anchor rode easy to deploy in case the windless does fail .

Homeport: Buffalo, NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Wellcraft for sale Topic Next Topic: update - plastic water holding tank. Bad Business  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com