BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
Save Password

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 98 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: subsonic ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Bayliner, Maxum, Meridian Owners
 AQ200B Engine ID
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Davit Brand 2001 4788 Topic Next Topic: 2452  

RO# 32264

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  23:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recently purchased first boat - '75 Bayliner 2550 Saratoga Hardtop with AQ200B engine package which is 350 Chevy/280 Volvo. Last owner froze/cracked block. He replaced it with short block but, forgot to save engine ID tag off front of block. I contacted Volvo and they told me my engine package was in boats like mine from '74 thru '76 but, they could not help me with an ID. The ID tag is on the outdrive but, they said they could not use it to reference engine ID. The problem I've encountered is buying engine parts. Volvo gave me parts outlets to try and I contacted all of them. Without exception they all require the engine ID to sell me parts. Would it be reasonable to ask any owners of same engine package and vintage to share their engine ID number with me so I can buy parts? Any other ideas on how I can reference parts would be appreciated.

RO# 12830

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  09:30:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick (2850 bounty) over at the forum is a Volvo expert. You might ask him.

Homeport: Capitola, CA Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Davit Brand 2001 4788 Topic Next Topic: 2452  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice