BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 136 ]  [ Total: 139 ]  [ Newest Member: gtex50 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Cruisers Yachts Owners
 1997-1999 3575's questions/comments
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 1988  Esprit 3370 Topic Next Topic: 310 Cruisers shopping  

GripB

RO# 18473

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  21:10:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We recently sold our Crownline boat and have (we thought) narrowed our next boat down to an early 2000's 3372. This past weekend we happened to stumble upon a 1997 3575 (a few feet longer and almost a foot and a half wider ). The additional length and beam is incredible, but at a cost of 5-6 model years and a couple of hundred more engine hours. I wanted to get the newest boat that we could, but I'm getting a few opinions (and beginning to think) that we should go a little older to get the bigger 3575. Is there anything I should know about, look at, etc. on the late 90's 3575's (above/beyond the obvious maintenance records, boat/engine/tranny survey, etc.)?

Thanks in advance,

Greg
------------------------------------
2003 Cruisers Yachts 3372 (sold)
"More Lee'Sure Time"
2011 Boston Whaler 150 SS
"Just 4 Fun"

Homeport: Lakeland, FL

Good Grief

RO# 13137

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  06:57:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg -
I'm suprised that a 3575 owner hasn't responded. I have a '03 3372, so I can speak to that. While the larger boat may be only a few hundred hours older and a few feet wider, but that equates to $$$$ in fuel AND dock space. while bigger alwasy seems better, do your boating requirements really justify the larger boat?? EX - we're a family of 4 - we could bennefit from the bigger 35', but we comfortably can fit in the 3372; now add that to the fuel savings and docking . . . and I bet I cruise faster and cheaper than the 3575 . . .. I guess it's really up to your needs.

good luck.

-Gene
If you're not a liberal at 20, you don't have a heart. If you're not a conservative at 40, you don't have a brain - Winston Churchill

Homeport: Viking Boat Yard, Verplank NY Go to Top of Page

GripB

RO# 18473

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  19:57:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gene,

I sent ya an email.

Greg

------------------------------------
2003 Cruisers Yachts 3372 (sold)
"More Lee'Sure Time"
2011 Boston Whaler 150 SS
"Just 4 Fun"

Homeport: Lakeland, FL Go to Top of Page

DogDaze

RO# 27009

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  14:31:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
& I see you both ended up with 3372's..

We considered the same & ended up with a 98 3575.. So far, we've been very happy with the decision.. but note the added costs.. (specifically, dockage & storage) The fuel economy on the 3575 hull is not all that bad to be honest.. as she seems to be a very efficient hull design... it IS just the 2 of us most of the time w/our pets.. but we love the single stateroom layout... & hopeful she continues to be the boat of our dreams.. (even w/this being our 3rd boating season w/her already) - j

Joe & Sheryl
The Great North Coast

1998 Cruisers Yachts 3575

Homeport: Cedar Point, Ohio Go to Top of Page

littlebookworm

RO# 27413

Posted - Jul 28 2012 :  18:44:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just got a 1997 3375 from our daughter and son-in-law, who had had the boat for about 6 years. They loved the boat and enjoyed running it from Mamaroneck, NY, east and west on Long Island Sound and down to NY Harbor around the Statue of Liberty. When they got a larger boat, they insisted that we take their Cruisers. I just sold our 24' Chaparral and am getting used to a bigger, more luxurious boat. She handles beautifully and has everything we could want and then some. I did hire a captain for a day to teach me to dock and depart safely with it. That was money well-spent, even though my docking last weekend was a mess because of a gust of wind! She does average 20gph at 25 mph, according to my son-in-law, who usually captained the boat. I've been on-board when we cruised home in 4'-6' waves with a headwind of about 10 knots. Though we got wet because the front and side windows were off, she handled the water well. If you do decide to get the Cruisers and need some info from the manuals, I have a full set of books and am presenting scanning them into my computer to make them available to whomever wants them. I'm on the Cruisers Owners Forum (professor48); go there for more info on the boat. Good luck, whatever you decide. Hy

Homeport: New Rochelle, NY Go to Top of Page

DogDaze

RO# 27009

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  11:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Professor, I've seen you on the CYOC website.. you really should check out the new 'Official' COF.. you can find the link on the front page of the Cruisers Yacht's website!! Would LOVE to see you and a few of the guys stop by.. we're a fun group and still growing.. - Joe

Joe & Sheryl
The Great North Coast

1998 Cruisers Yachts 3575

Homeport: Cedar Point, Ohio Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 1988  Esprit 3370 Topic Next Topic: 310 Cruisers shopping  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.39 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com