BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 129 ]  [ Total: 136 ]  [ Newest Member: gtex50 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Cruisers Yachts Owners
 So you want to buy a boat?
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: looking at a Bonanza Topic Next Topic: Tiny Stress Cracks  

Joe Dittmar

RO# 31433

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  10:15:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all, not sure if this is the right forum for this article, but if you aren't sure about what it takes to own a boat, read this.
Thanks!

http://hubpages.com/hub/So-you-want-to-buy-a-boat
Joe Dittmar

Homeport: pa

fastguy91

RO# 14921

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  10:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry about that guys bad experience with boating. lol

Homeport: Florida Go to Top of Page

Veg

RO# 20854

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  12:58:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Salt does a number on boats, not just outside, but inside as well. Corrosion is not pretty. But, if you love the ocean, then it doesn't matter. You'll just have to deal with it. Fresh water boats stay clean. Period. You can have the same boat, make, model and year and the fresh water boat is going to look and act like new. Its paint will be fine, its bottom bright... just saying. "

Talk about overstating a point. I'd like to have that guy over at my marina. All the other (freshwater) boats look like crap compared to mine that spent its first seven years in the salt. It is by far the best looking boat in the marina.

I get question all the time about whether it's new, or at the fuel pump the other day the attendants asked my "what kind of wax do you use?" as if that would be the reason why my boat looks better, etc etc etc. So many freshwater boaters think they don't need to do any maintenance on their boats that a lot of time this negates the advantages of freshwater.

Freshwater just makes it easier, but if you don't maintain your boat, let me tell you, a meticulous saltwater boater can keep their boats in much better shape than the lazy freshwater boater.

2001 Tiara 2900 Open - "O Sole Mio" - Stillwater, MN

Edited by - Veg on Sep 16 2010 12:59:36

Homeport: Stillwater, MN Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: looking at a Bonanza Topic Next Topic: Tiny Stress Cracks  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com