BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 145 ]  [ Total: 151 ]  [ Newest Member: SmokinCigarettes ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Bayliner, Maxum, Meridian Owners
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: AQ200B Engine ID Topic Next Topic: 2858  

JeffN

RO# 3672

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  15:20:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone ever own one the 2452 classics? In my seemingly never ending search(and pickings in this part of FL are slim for cruiser style boats oddly), I ran across a 2002 model, pretty bare boat & trailer. Asking 12k which right around high retail.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didnít understand the assignment, and I told them they didnít understand life. ~John Lennon

Edited by - JeffN on Oct 27 2010 15:30:19

Homeport: Vero Beach FL

dougs2452

RO# 17057

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  18:56:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i had a 96 they were pretty much bare bones you could dress them up nicely though make sure it has the 5.7 (350) engine and not the 5.0 there is a world of difference. also in florida its pretty hot they only come in a hardtop not much for ventalation.

wellcraft coastal 250

Edited by - dougs2452 on Oct 27 2010 18:57:07

Homeport: Brandon, Florida Go to Top of Page

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  20:45:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might want to google Bayliner owners. I'm pretty sure there is another website that is very active that may have more info on this boat. Can't think of the name of the site even though it's on the tip of my tongue.

Homeport: VA Go to Top of Page

JeffN

RO# 3672

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  16:41:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, so it IS a 2252 with a hardtop. And this one was pretty ratty so I glanced and passed on it. Thanks for the help anyways.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didnít understand the assignment, and I told them they didnít understand life. ~John Lennon

Homeport: Vero Beach FL Go to Top of Page

Monterey10

RO# 12830

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  01:55:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most owners wish for the 5.7 engine.
The boat is considered a pocket cruiser.

I noticed that early models had a raised engine cover. Later models had a flat engine cover.

The 2452 is a good deal lighter weight and narrower than the older 2556 or newer 288. This can be good if you're trailering a lot and or need better fuel economy.

Homeport: Capitola, CA Go to Top of Page

JeffN

RO# 3672

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  15:58:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help-found an actually 2453 that I'll be checking out...

Homeport: Vero Beach FL Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: AQ200B Engine ID Topic Next Topic: 2858  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com