BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 145 ]  [ Total: 151 ]  [ Newest Member: SmokinCigarettes ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Wellcraft Owners
 2600 Martinique Leaking Windshield
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: V drive shaft packing? 94 Martinique 3200 Topic Next Topic: 2600 Martinique Questions  

triumphus04

RO# 30341

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  12:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My cruiser is leaking from screws/ rivets or whatever they use to attatch it to the hull. There is a little flat area on the upper hull where the window frame attatches to. Water runs along the joing and finds is way into the boat. Looking to fix is this winter but wanted to get some feedback. It is a 2000 and I will have to cut through the interior padding to access the bottom of the fasteners. Is there an easier way. Dont thing just siliconing from the outside will do it.

Homeport:

jpowell

RO# 15168

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  14:46:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a year 2000 3000 martinique, but the winshields are all pretty much the same and attach in the same fashion. They are screwed to the top of the deck. What stops the water leak is a rubber gasket between the metal frame and the deck. I'd pull off the windshield, clean up the gasket both sides, including the deck and the frame, and reinstall. That should take care of it. As a backup, you may want to 4200 it to death, but just the original gasket should be enough. If your gasket is in bad shape, call Taylor Made in Florida, that is who maunfactored the windshield, and they should be able to get you a new gasket.

Jay Powell
Boatless

Homeport: Edgewater, MD Go to Top of Page

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  07:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shouldnt be any interior fasteners like Jay says. Just remove the windshield gasketing and rebed everything.

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret
My oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..., did not end when I retired. I stand by it till the end.

Homeport: Elizabeth City, NC Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: V drive shaft packing? 94 Martinique 3200 Topic Next Topic: 2600 Martinique Questions  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.33 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com