BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 119 ]  [ Total: 119 ]  [ Newest Member: Voyager56 ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Sailing and Sailboats
 What bottom Paint
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Sailboat recommendation? Topic Next Topic: Jamaican Sloop on NatGeo.  

Seadaddler

RO# 31074

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  13:59:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What bottom paint do you use in SW Florida,I am thinking of switching to a hard bottom paint or not,what is your opinion.

Homeport: FL

Peleka7

RO# 691

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  20:45:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Across the nation in the Pacific (now in Hawai'i). You can disregard this as it doesn't meet your criteria but here is my input.

I've used ablative, semi-ablative, and hard. I sail a LOT so the ablative only lasted a few months. Semi-ablative lasted about 9 months, hard about 1.5 years. The deal with hard is you can scrub the bottom, something you will have to do after 3 to 4 months. Unfortunately I made a very bad choice on the last haul, using a paint without a biocide...a bad mistake. I've used Petite, Interlux, American (sp)Hupple and a few others. Basically they all suck and are probably only slightly better than house paint.

Homeport: O'ahu Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Sailboat recommendation? Topic Next Topic: Jamaican Sloop on NatGeo.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.3 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com