BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 1 | Guests: 92 ]  [ Total: 93 ]  [ Newest Member: nancyeliza ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Silverton Owners
 Cup holders.
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The parts guy at Silverton. Topic Next Topic: Silverton Yard Sale????  

jacko

RO# 29042

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  21:28:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The plastic inserts on the bridge of the 351. I am assuming I need to go to the factory to get them? There are a few that are broken and need replacement.

Suggestions?

Homeport: Welcome MD

RamSport47

RO# 28240

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  07:20:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try any number of marine retailers as these are not specific to Silverton. Try West, Boatfix, Cabela's...all should be able to help.

Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag V-drives

Homeport: Cedar Point Marina, Ohio Go to Top of Page

PeteMrrs

RO# 4125

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  08:52:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same issue with my 310 Express Cruiser. I have bought a number of different replacement inserts from both Boatfix and West Marine. None of which fit a Silverton. Some are to small for the opening, most are way to big and require cutting my fiberglass which I will not do.

Time to contact Silverton.

If you are not enjoying every single day, you are just depleting the oxygen supply for the rest of us!

Homeport: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC Go to Top of Page

bobalong

RO# 19429

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  09:55:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Chris Craft cup holders were shot. The sun had destroyed the plastic. I contacted every e bay, boatfix, WM, Overton's place I could think of and couldn't find holders small enought to fit. Even contacted some older Chris Craft dealers looking for help, NOS maybe, they were no help either. Finally found SS holders on e bay. They were made to fit a poker table !!

Edited by - bobalong on Feb 04 2011 09:57:52

Homeport: Sutherrrn Indianannna Go to Top of Page

MikeeH

RO# 6342

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  11:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure I bought them from BoatFix. They fit perfectly in my 351. I'll see if I can find the part number.

Got it. BoatFix Page 467, Order Number SDG588061N, $1.62 each. Requires 3 3/4" hole.
http://www.boatfix.com/bykeywordnew2.asp?textfield=SDG588061N&texttype=2&submit=Search

Mike

I recently realized that at this stage of my life I'm now wise enough to know better, but old enough not to give a damn.

Edited by - MikeeH on Feb 04 2011 11:45:04

Homeport: Still Pond, MD Go to Top of Page

winters remedy

RO# 28820

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  14:49:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I needed them for my boat and went right to Silverton parts, had them in a couple of days.

Homeport: stony point ny Go to Top of Page

MikeeH

RO# 6342

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  15:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
winters... what did Silverton charge for them?

Mike

I recently realized that at this stage of my life I'm now wise enough to know better, but old enough not to give a damn.

Homeport: Still Pond, MD Go to Top of Page

jacko

RO# 29042

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  07:59:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cool!

Homeport: Welcome MD Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  10:25:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of cup ho;ders. I had to remov some from the 310 I used to have. Had a hard time getting them loose. Found that they all were connected together by drain hose so that the liquid that always ends up in the bottom had somewhere to go. Talk about overkill!

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page

winters remedy

RO# 28820

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  12:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't remember off hand, but not bad. If I recall they were not any more than anyone else. But they are an odd size that's why I got them from silverton.

Homeport: stony point ny Go to Top of Page

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  14:33:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gregory S

Speaking of cup ho;ders. I had to remov some from the 310 I used to have. Had a hard time getting them loose. Found that they all were connected together by drain hose so that the liquid that always ends up in the bottom had somewhere to go. Talk about overkill!

Just an FYI. I had the same with my Regal. BUT over time the line streched and formed a small trap. There was not a constant drop in the line. ARRRRGH. Something to keep an eye on.

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

Capitalism is to this administration what Judaism was to the Third Reich.

-- Me

Homeport: Hopewell, VA Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  09:13:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sold that boat 10 years ago David.

Edited by - Gregory S on Feb 08 2011 09:13:19

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  10:20:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
.....I used to have....

Whoops!

Effing Evelyn Wood ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Just damn!

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

Capitalism is to this administration what Judaism was to the Third Reich.

-- Me

Homeport: Hopewell, VA Go to Top of Page

WALSHIE

RO# 2124

Posted - May 01 2011 :  09:22:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see this thread is very old but I am just seeing it now. I went through this when I picked up my boat. I upgraded to stainless steel. I ended up buying two hole saws. One that fit the new cup holder, one for the old. I setup the new hole saw first then threaded the old onto the shaft. The old protruded enough to work as a guide for the new hole saw which did the cutting. It was dead simple after I figured this out with the help of .... boatered. Ordered new SS cup holders from Boatfix...all THIRTEEN OF THEM on the bridge.

Favorite Quote: Don't sweat the petty things...AND...Don't pet the sweaty things!! - Steven Tyler

Homeport: Hudson River Go to Top of Page

jacko

RO# 29042

Posted - May 01 2011 :  20:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
13? Dam! I only have 5. I need more though.

Homeport: Welcome MD Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: The parts guy at Silverton. Topic Next Topic: Silverton Yard Sale????  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.47 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com