BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 9 | Guests: 111 ]  [ Total: 120 ]  [ Newest Member: Robert Lamkin ]
 All Forums
 Cruising Guides
 Inside Passage
 Spent a really nice night in
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Inside passage Help? Topic Next Topic: Its COLD, but ...  

potterhead2002

RO# 13090

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  21:46:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fisherman Bay last night. Of course, halfway there I checked the tide tables and learned that we would be entering at a +2' tide. I went REAL slow and noticed a couple of <4' readings on the depth finder.

It was so calm it was like sleeping in a motorhome. The previous day's high was 57 & sunny. Went down to 32 overnight, and back up to 50 and sunny today.

We just relocated to the end of F dock (from C dock) in Friday Harbor. We have the million-dollar-view. As you turn the corner around breakwater B if you don't keep her hard a-port, you'll hit us broadside.

Edited by - potterhead2002 on Feb 09 2011 22:45:17

Homeport: Friday Harbor, WA

FlyWright

RO# 3887

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  23:53:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're a lucky man, potterhear2002!! What beautiful country you cruise in.

I'm looking forward to my first trip there this spring. Been studying the area and just locked in some rooms at the Kirk House for 4 nights. Can't wait to explore your paradise.

Al

1977 34 Californian LRC Trawler
2006 Achilles LEX-96 w/ Honda 2HP O/B

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day." Anonymous

Homeport: CA Delta, Riverboat Marina Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Inside passage Help? Topic Next Topic: Its COLD, but ...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.38 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com