BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 122 ]  [ Total: 125 ]  [ Newest Member: nancyeliza ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Formula Owners
 2011 Formula Chesapeake Rendezvous: Sept. 16- 18?
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Howdy Topic Next Topic: Cockpit Carpet  

C_Spray

RO# 898

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  15:37:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any interest in a rerun of last year's Still Pond Creek get-together? Now that everyone knows where the channel is (and the sandbar isn't) it should be a piece of cake...

There have already been a few suggestions, including setting up a floating screen and projector to have "Movie Night(s)", as well as an organized (sort of) competition or game of some kind.

As always; it's up to everyone's consensus. There's nothing wrong with simply tying up and floating!
Life begins on the water.

Edited by - C_Spray on Mar 30 2011 14:22:52

Homeport: Port Deposit, MD

jaw111

RO# 25227

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  20:33:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we're be there this year

formula 31 pc

Homeport: middle river md Go to Top of Page

MikeeH

RO# 6342

Posted - Mar 24 2011 :  05:25:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, maybe I'll swim out to you.

Mike

I recently realized that at this stage of my life I'm now wise enough to know better, but old enough not to give a damn.

Homeport: Still Pond, MD Go to Top of Page

Waterhog

RO# 31873

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  13:19:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck you can count me in.

Homeport: Pa Go to Top of Page

C_Spray

RO# 898

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  11:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2011 Chesapeake Formula Owner’s Raft-Up
September 16 - 18, 2011

Still Pond Creek (Inside): N 39° 19.940’/W 76° 07.550’
Dear Formula Owner:
We will be repeating last years’ Formula Owner’s Raft-Up/Rendezvous over the weekend of September 16 - 18, 2011 in Still Pond Creek. This will be a casual get-together with all activities planned by consensus of those attending. Formula will donate some giveaways and door prizes. To ensure that they send enough items, please confirm your attendance by Monday, September 5.
We will again raft up along the huge 2’-4’ foot deep sand flat and use it as a floating / wading / gathering area. This is one of the best and cleanest hard-packed sand bottoms on the Bay with excellent holding power. For those with SunSports or tenders, there is tons of room for skiing and tubing a little further into the creek from the raft-up. There will be boats there as early as Friday night, and we will try to preserve an area for our group. It's a public spot, so there's only so much that we can do in that respect.
The entry channel to Still Pond Creek is well-marked. This channel is 6 to 8 feet deep at low tide and well-marked with daymarkers and “No Wake" markers. Make sure to stay hard to the right bank as you come around the corner and you should have plenty of water. If you have any doubts, call the raftup on VHF channel 68, and we will help guide you in. High tide will be at about 11:00 AM on the 17th and noon on the 18th. Tidal change for those days is predicted to be about one foot.
You may attend for the entire duration, both days, one day, or even just a brief visit. Friday and Saturday overnight stays in Still Pond Creek are optional, depending on your own boat’s capabilities and your interest. If there is enough interest, we could consider making arrangements at a nearby marina like Skipjack Cove or Mears Great Oak to organize some shore-based activities as well.
To RSVP and/or submit suggestions for activities, please visit the Rendezvous area on Formula’s web site or Formula’s Facebook page. You may also reply to C_Spray at msn dot com.

Edited by - C_Spray on Aug 24 2011 11:55:48

Homeport: Port Deposit, MD Go to Top of Page

C_Spray

RO# 898

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  16:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like we have six boats for Friday through Sunday, with another fifteen showing up Saturday. Formula has donated some goodies, we have the projector and screen ready for Movie Nights, so we're good to go. As you enter Still Pond Creek, call "Formula Raftup" on VHF 69, and we'll get you safely tied up. All signs are that they Bay is clearing up, but keep your eyes peeled for debris...

Homeport: Port Deposit, MD Go to Top of Page

Waterhog

RO# 31873

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  17:41:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pics are ready:

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg101/waterhogpics/2011%20Chesapeake%20Bay%20Formula%20Rendezvous/

Homeport: Pa Go to Top of Page

Blown284

RO# 33806

Posted - Dec 21 2014 :  19:16:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If there's another one, I'm in. just purchased my 41 pc .... :-) Upgraded from a Searay 330 Sundancer.

Homeport: Md Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Howdy Topic Next Topic: Cockpit Carpet  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.45 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com