BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 124 ]  [ Total: 130 ]  [ Newest Member: Farm ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Silverton Owners
 1st trip in the new Boat.
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Silverton Yard Sale???? Topic Next Topic: Foward Cleats  

jacko

RO# 29042

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  08:22:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Tuesday I moved the boat from the marina Where the boat was to Where it is now. I am having some electronics work done. The Seas were running between 1 - 3 ft. and we went right through them. :) I am very happy about this. What a nice feeling. It looks like the fuel burn is about 25 - 30 GPH. I logged in about 49nm. This was really my 1st trip in this boat. I did take it out once before and run it around the river the day I filled it up but this was a 30 minute quick play. Backing this is totally different then a single screw boat. This will take a little getting use to.

Homeport: Welcome MD

MikeeH

RO# 6342

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  08:45:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fuel burn sounds about right. And, yes, they do handle well in a chop. As I have described before on BE, we brought ours up the Delaware Bay from the Cape May Canal to the C&D Canal with a strong north wind blowing against an incoming tide once. The water was so nasty that we were getting soaked on the flybridge... reports were 5-7' and that's not swells! The boat took it great and we never once felt we were in any danger or didn't have complete control. Enjoy her!

Mike

I recently realized that at this stage of my life I'm now wise enough to know better, but old enough not to give a damn.

Homeport: Still Pond, MD Go to Top of Page

jacko

RO# 29042

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  13:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With what we went through we did not have any spray. :) Life is good. In the other boat we would have had to slow down and would have been soaked to the bone. What a difference this has made.

Homeport: Welcome MD Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Silverton Yard Sale???? Topic Next Topic: Foward Cleats  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com