BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 1 | Guests: 79 ]  [ Total: 80 ]  [ Newest Member: Heckjo ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Silverton Owners
 Looking at a 1991 Silverton 34 Express
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 1991 SILVERTON 34FT EXPRESS Topic Next Topic: Removing Shafts  

naysmitj

RO# 13891

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  19:00:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are looking at a 1991 34' Silverton Express Cruiser. It Has 750 hours on the engines. Anything we should pay particular attention to?
Thanks
Jim

Edited by - naysmitj on Apr 17 2011 19:10:12

Homeport: Georgian Bay, Ontario

bob tait

RO# 30235

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  20:54:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had a 94 34X also in Georgian Bay since 2007. I haven't found any specific problems with that model that you couldn't find with any boat 20yrs old. It is a very solid boat and built better than most. If you are interested I could meet you and have a look with you. Where is it kept? I'm in Central Marine in Midland.

1994 Silverton 34X
454 Crusader

Homeport: midland, on Go to Top of Page

32carv

RO# 24150

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  22:50:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was on one of those once and it looked like the biggest 34' cruiser I had ever benn on. Great boat, good luck!
Jim

Homeport: Sacandaga Lake Go to Top of Page

naysmitj

RO# 13891

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  16:22:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob tait

I have had a 94 34X also in Georgian Bay since 2007. I haven't found any specific problems with that model that you couldn't find with any boat 20yrs old. It is a very solid boat and built better than most. If you are interested I could meet you and have a look with you. Where is it kept? I'm in Central Marine in Midland.

We are going to look at it this weekend in Port Severn. This is our first look and it is still in inside winter storage, but at least we can check out general conditions.
By the way, we are at Doral, now Wye Heritage.
If we are still interested after the first look, we may take you up on your kind offer once the snow stops coming down.
Always good to have someone who is familiar with a specific model along when checking out these things.
Cheers
Jim Naysmith

Edited by - naysmitj on Apr 18 2011 16:23:26

Homeport: Georgian Bay, Ontario Go to Top of Page

naysmitj

RO# 13891

Posted - May 03 2011 :  05:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that turned out to be a waste of time to look at. The rep said there are some spider cracks in the gel coat on the dash. What she should have said was that there are a number of finger cracks in the fiberglass. Looked like pretty heavy duty stress cracks to us.
Lots of water staining in the interior as well. This is not our next boat.

bob tait

RO# 30235

Posted - May 03 2011 :  21:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's too bad. I might be interested in selling mine. Not sure what the best way to get in touch is since niether of us have a anchor. I'll be at Central Marine for the weekend if you want to stop by. I'm by the gas dock. Can't miss it. I know the one you looked at has been for sale for a few years now, I fiquired there must be a reason why it never sold.

1994 Silverton 34X
454 Crusader

Homeport: midland, on Go to Top of Page

naysmitj

RO# 13891

Posted - May 04 2011 :  03:59:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bob, we have put an offer in on a Sea Ray 33.

Tanqueray

RO# 17091

Posted - May 04 2011 :  13:03:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what was wrong with it? Just years of non-use? Total Neglect? Hull Damage? Missing Engines?
???????????????????????????

KALENA II

Homeport: New York Go to Top of Page

scrubbaby1963

RO# 32627

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  10:28:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI GUYS, I AM IN NY ALSO LOOKING AT ONE OF THESE BOATS, I HAVE LOOKED AT SEVERAL AND THEY ALL HAD THE SAME CRACKS!, LOOKED AT ONE THIS PAST WEEL END WITH 285 HOURS ON HER, BOAT IS A 91, OWNED BY A MAN IN HIS MID 80'S, AND IT HAS THE SAME CRACKS YOU ARE DISCUSSING, NO ONE AT SILVERTON CAN EXPLAIN THEM. IN ANY EVENT, ONE SUBSCRIBER ON THIS FORUM ALSO LOOKED AT THE BOAT AND FUNNY THING, MADE NO MENTION OF THE CRACKS BUT DISCUSSED MOISTER IN THE STRINGERS WHICH I FOUND NO TRACE OF. ANY THING ELSE YOU CAN TELL ME ABOUT THESE BOATS?

Homeport: new york Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 1991 SILVERTON 34FT EXPRESS Topic Next Topic: Removing Shafts  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.38 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com