BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 118 ]  [ Total: 123 ]  [ Newest Member: tonyj ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Bayliner, Maxum, Meridian Owners
 Maxum 2001 2900 SCR
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Help with a 2004 Bayliner 288 Classic Cruiser Topic Next Topic: 1993 Bayliner Plumbing Lay out  

searay1987

RO# 27429

Posted - May 13 2011 :  03:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello
Any members own a Maxum 2001 2900 SCR with Twin 4.3 mercruiser , or similiar vessel ? I just bought mine and have some operating questions .

1. Is there a seperate switch for the 12volt fridge ? the fridge only works on AC power right now.
2. Is there supposed to be a battery transfer switch on the dash ? ( Let's you emergency start one engine form the oposite battery)
3. I have the carberated model, which supposedly has a TKS system . ( TurnKey Start) - suppose to start engines without pumping throttles or priming - doesn't seem to work . in fact after initial startup , both engines backfire and stall as soon as throttle is applied . this clears up after about 15 minutes of running . anyone else experience this ?

Thanks

Homeport: New York

KenK

RO# 7602

Posted - May 13 2011 :  07:31:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an older Maxum (94) 2600SCR and there is a small switch inside the fridge for the 12 volt side that I hve to turn on. I'm not near the boat now, but I believe it is located on the upper right side.

Homeport: Haddam CT Go to Top of Page

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - May 13 2011 :  12:17:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dumb question, have you checked you 12v electric panel?
On my last boat, I had a 110v / 12v refrig and I had a switch on both my 110v and 12v panels.

Homeport: VA Go to Top of Page

searay1987

RO# 27429

Posted - May 23 2011 :  08:56:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks - no switch on the DC panel- just the 110 panel. inside the fridge there is a thermostat but no switch . there is a small blue light on near the thermostat that is lit even when the 110 switch is off . concerning because it must be getting 12 volt power unswitched - but the compressor never turns on unless the 110 swithc is on. another concern is i left the boat for a week without the battery charger on and both batteries were dead when i got there. something is draining power - don't think it is the fridge though.

Homeport: New York Go to Top of Page

Johnny Roastbeef

RO# 17131

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  20:54:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an '02 2900 SCR. I believe they are very similar.
1. There is no switch for the fridge that I remember. Check the helm for a blown fuse. By the way all the fuses are unlabeled.
2. No battery switch at the helm from the factory. The battery switches are in the engine compartment against the bulkhead.
3. I have the twin 4.3s in my boat. There is plenty of pumping to get the boat started, especially if it has sat for a long time. My boat is not so hard to start, and has never back fired, though I rebuilt the carbs a few years ago. You might be due.

Homeport: Stratford, CT Go to Top of Page

Johnny Roastbeef

RO# 17131

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  20:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. Nothing like answering a 2 year old post.

Homeport: Stratford, CT Go to Top of Page

Delivering Happiness

RO# 33144

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  21:32:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roastbeef

Wow. Nothing like answering a 2 year old post.

+1 for you. You meant well and that's all is matter.

GeeVeeBee

Homeport: Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Help with a 2004 Bayliner 288 Classic Cruiser Topic Next Topic: 1993 Bayliner Plumbing Lay out  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com