BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 8 | Guests: 124 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: Bumpo64 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Regal Owners
 alarm sounds when we accelerate to 2000 RPM's
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 2760 with the single engine Topic Next Topic: 2004 3880 - Port Toggle Switches  

fmeyers

RO# 12679

Posted - May 22 2011 :  08:14:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have 1998 Regal Commodore 2760 with twin 4.3 mercruiser engines. Yesterday we filled her up with fuel, the first tome this seaswon, without incident. After fueling we attempted to take her for a test spin.

When attempting to get her up on plane, both engines reaching approximately 2000 rpms
we noticed an alarm sounding. Both temperature gauges indicated regular safe readings.

The alarms will not sound if you take the engines out of gear and just rev the engines.

Has anyone experienced this type of problem?

Thanks;
Bud
Bud Meyers

Homeport: Baltimore

Kellyg

RO# 19800

Posted - May 22 2011 :  09:06:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will assume this is a carb engine with raw water cooling. Alarm sounds for temp,oil and drive oil. I am betting on low drive oil. Check the reservoir.

Gary
Mt. Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
2002 Striper 2101DC

Smooth seas never made a skillful mariner.

Homeport: Patchogue,NY Go to Top of Page

gruube

RO# 28551

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  10:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My boat did the same thing. There are three fuses on each engine. Replace them all. I found a hair line crack in one of my fuses causing this problem.

Homeport: baltimore MD Go to Top of Page

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  09:13:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are the engines smartcraft computer controlled? If so it's possible your props are fouled with Barnecals and the computers think the knock sensors are activating causing loss of power and alarms. This assumes oil pressure, fuel and waterflow are fine. This happened earlier this season when I let my boat sit for 2 months without moving her and had to have it pulled and the shafts and props cleaned and scraped.
But my motors are smartcraft and 100% computer controlled 8.1L HO's marinized by Merc.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Homeport: Tuckerton, N.J. Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 2760 with the single engine Topic Next Topic: 2004 3880 - Port Toggle Switches  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com