BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 1 | Guests: 111 ]  [ Total: 112 ]  [ Newest Member: F Niederhausen ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Bayliner, Maxum, Meridian Owners
 More problems with my 341!
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Re-call or Service Bulletin on 2005 to 2008 341s Topic Next Topic: maxum 2400 air conditioner access  

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - May 31 2011 :  21:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
done
Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 20:42:17

Homeport: Sarasota, Florida

floydsfloat

RO# 31069

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  13:17:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm confused. Is the issue with the Meridian boat having problems? or is it the Dealer service? or is it a Engine/Mercury issue?

If it just a engine issue and under warranty, you could take it to any factory authorized marine service and have them fix it under warranty and not have to go the 50 miles. I'm sure there are other Merc Mechanics in Sarasota.

If your having Engine issues, how is that a reflection on Meridian? Now how the dealer responds and services you could turn your engine issue into also a service issue.

The reason I ask is i've had boats that had engine issues. 1 was totally replaced by warranty and since then the boat has run spotless for yrs. While i was frustrated during that time, the engine issue didn't have anything to do with the actual "boat" per say.

Homeport: Virginia Go to Top of Page

rduhon

RO# 29321

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  01:00:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be sure to lock down the shaft not running so you won't overheat your transmission when running on one engine.

Homeport: Lake Charles, La Go to Top of Page

RWS

RO# 25075

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  04:58:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RIP Gene Whipp - and what used to be GULFWIND MARINE in Sarasota.

Now you have have big box store!

RWS

1983 Trojan International 10 Meter
Twin Yanmar 315 Turbodiesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

Homeport: FL Go to Top of Page

floydsfloat

RO# 31069

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  11:45:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another reason for my questions above is we have been looking at moving up to a Meridian 459...

Homeport: Virginia Go to Top of Page

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  12:26:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
first i fail to see what Meridian has to do with a starter problem...

next, as much as having a starter issue will ruin your day, it's not unusual on a 4 year old engine (your profile says 2007 boat)

then MM sent you a mechanic with parts the day following your call to work on an anchored boat.. in my book, that's pretty good service.

what's confusing in your rant is why would you prefer to run the boat 50 miles on one engine rather than paying the $275 fee and then dealing with the extended warranty issue...

i'm not a big fan of Brunswick, Mercruiser and Marine Max but i fail to see how they are the issue there, and most importantly how Meridian is responsible for the extended warranty dispute...

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Homeport: Miami, FL Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  19:24:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An update- the port engine is seazed from sea water or coolant. how this happened is anybody's guess. Warranty said engine needs to be extracted to see what happened and they do not cover that under warranty. The cost for this would be aropund 3400 to 5 k.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 22 2011 11:18:25

Homeport: Sarasota, Florida Go to Top of Page

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  19:54:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4 to 5 year old boat in salt water? have the risers and/or manifolds been inspected? that's the most likely cause of water ingestion. If so, I doubt the warranty will cover damages caused by parts that failed due to lack of maintenance/inspection.

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Homeport: Miami, FL Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  20:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The risers are the new style on this boat and do not require the same maintenance as other types. They are ceramic. Not metal like the old ones, and no, I see no staining or any oproblems on them, they only have 385 hours on them. My mechanic checks them at every service.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  20:12:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We did how ever just had a prop hull modification done to the boat. I wonder if that had anything to do with water intrusion? Some have suggested it may have since the boat now comes off plane much faster than it did before the modifications were done. Causing water to back up in thru the under water exhaust.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  20:23:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is a "prop hull modification"? Who did it, and why?

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Woodsong

RO# 20095

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  21:17:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Capt. Pat,
As I stated earlier, what on earth does any engine, hull, builder, or manufacturer warranty, or lack thereof, have to do with your promise and word that you gave to your lender? Walking away will ruin your credit and basically keep you from being able to get a loan for a long time- over a "warranty issue"?? In the end you will loose on this, not meridian or marine max or mercury (I am NOT a fan of either myself). If you are going to cast stones it is important to be blameless and by walking away from your loan any claim or truth you have tends to be eroded away by your choosing to default on your loan.
And yes, what hull modification are you talking about and who did it and why?

~~Let's see...1987 Bayliner 4588 & 1995 Boston Whaler 17' Dauntless, and a few other water toys~~

Homeport: GA Go to Top of Page

AbsoLoot

RO# 3617

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  22:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Captain Pat,

I'm going to play the Devil's Advocate here. Are you actually a USCG licensed captain/master or just the latest guy who thinks buying a "big" boat entitles him to the title? You purchased an extended warranty, did you thoroughly read what was and wasn't covered by this warranty? You state that you modified the hull/propeller resulting the boat coming off plane much faster. How is the manufacturer responsible in any way for modifications that you made that affected the operation of the boat.

I do almost all of my own work and am quick to step up and help guys that want to learn how to work on their own boats. However, I have a real problem with people that have an "entitled" attitude and expect others to absorb their responsibility when they want to "walk away" from their commitments. Maybe you ought to consider "manning" up and dealing with your problems like an adult. You signed the extended warranty, you modified the hull/propeller and you are the one trying to schmear Marine Max. They may deserve it, but you haven't even given them a chance to respond before throwing them under the bus.

Good luck with your boat, you are going to need it with your attitude!

Blue Skies,
Dave

As light fades, vision increases
Blind people have vision!

Homeport: California Delta & SF Bay Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  11:24:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmmm

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 20:41:36

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  11:44:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ocean Spray

5) I am hiring an attorney due to the fact that we did not read the warranty contract it was not available for us to read at the closing on the boat, we went with what Marine Max told us and I did ask many questions on what was covered and what was not, at no time did they mention things not covered, just the opposite, they claimed that warranty was 100 percent coverage and we would have notthing to worry about, that simply was a lie on there part.

The first thing your attorney should tell you is to "shut up". Your admission that you didn't read the warranty will be used against you, as will a lot of your other comments.

I see you have edited some, you should edit them all. You are not doing yourself any good with these postings.

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  21:08:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, wouldn't post in a public forum that you didn't read the warranty.

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  21:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what's worse is you have probably made everyone that read it a material witness to that fact.

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page

alexander38

RO# 31123

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  18:40:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you sir are an ASS, after reading your post on here I'd screw with you just for the fun of it if I was MM, and your banker..

Member VYC

Homeport: va. Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Re-call or Service Bulletin on 2005 to 2008 341s Topic Next Topic: maxum 2400 air conditioner access  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.45 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com