BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 141 ]  [ Total: 147 ]  [ Newest Member: F Niederhausen ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Bayliner, Maxum, Meridian Owners
 maxum 2400 air conditioner access
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: More problems with my 341! Topic Next Topic: Davit Brand 2001 4788  

dl2525

RO# 31205

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  16:30:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My slip neighbor owns a 2002 maxim 2400 and I was attempting to help him with his ac unit. It is mounted under the helm seat and can be accessed by removing a 10" access panel in the aft cabin which is not even wide enough for my chest to fit in between. Is there any way to get more access? Does more of the ceiling drop down somehow, or do you need to cut a hole under the helm seat? I need some assistance please! Thanks.

Homeport: NJ

dl2525

RO# 31205

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  11:52:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone?

Homeport: NJ Go to Top of Page

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  13:53:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never heard of an A/C mounted under the helm seat. The newer ones I have seen mount under the steps. The older ones cost you a galley cabinet or under bow seat storage.

Is this OEM? Got any pix?

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

Capitalism is to this administration what Judaism was to the Third Reich.

-- Me

Homeport: Hopewell, VA Go to Top of Page

dl2525

RO# 31205

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  14:19:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No pics. The helm seat is molded into the cockpit sole. I'm pretty sure it's installed prior to the top of the boat being fitted to the lower portion. This is an OEM AC install as well.

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  15:30:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The helm seat platform is molded into the cockpit sole. See if there is any access panel under the seat itself.

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

-- Me

dl2525

RO# 31205

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  17:43:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did not see anything last time I looked. I will go down once more for a better look. If we can't find anything, I guess we're getting out the scroll saw.

mdoherty

RO# 12220

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  18:27:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you can fit you head in look around on the inside for the access plate. It may be hidden on the outside but will be visible on the inside (if it exists)

Mike

Homeport: Leesburg VA Go to Top of Page

dl2525

RO# 31205

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  08:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok to update this thread in case anyone else out there has this problem.... I found a larger access panel within the aft cabin ceiling which was removable via hidden screws. When I initially went down there about a year ago, it was dark, super humid, and I guess I just overlooked the panel. Within that larger panel is the smaller panel that is used for filter access. Nevertheless, I was able to get the unit out. Problem was a failed triac which kept the fan motor from running. I replaced the board with a used one from a local marine AC supplier for a 1/3rd of the cost of new. New boards were almost $600 now. Anyway, problem is resolved and blowing cold air.

Edited by - dl2525 on Jun 16 2011 08:59:47

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  10:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dl2525

Ok to update this thread in case anyone else out there has this problem.... I found a larger access panel within the aft cabin ceiling which was removable via hidden screws. When I initially went down there about a year ago, it was dark, super humid, and I guess I just overlooked the panel. Within that larger panel is the smaller panel that is used for filter access. Nevertheless, I was able to get the unit out. Problem was a failed triac which kept the fan motor from running. I replaced the board with a used one from a local marine AC supplier for a 1/3rd of the cost of new. New boards were almost $600 now. Anyway, problem is resolved and blowing cold air.

Some pix would be nice if you or your friend have the time.

The 2400 is a popular boat around central VA.

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

-- Me

dl2525

RO# 31205

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  10:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fortunately/Unfortunately it's all put back together. There are 8 screws in the ceiling I believe that I needed to remove. There are 4 screws hidden just along the main joint of the ceiling which is in the center of the aft cabin. Then there are 4 additional screws on the back side of the 6" transition in the ceiling (where it goes from high to low) where your feet would be if laying down.

Edited by - dl2525 on Jun 16 2011 10:30:47

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  19:59:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dl2525

Fortunately/Unfortunately it's all put back together. There are 8 screws in the ceiling I believe that I needed to remove. There are 4 screws hidden just along the main joint of the ceiling which is in the center of the aft cabin. Then there are 4 additional screws on the back side of the 6" transition in the ceiling (where it goes from high to low) where your feet would be if laying down.

Thanks. That is a good enough description to use as a starting reference.

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

-- Me

Previous Topic: More problems with my 341! Topic Next Topic: Davit Brand 2001 4788  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.38 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com