BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 182 ]  [ Total: 187 ]  [ Newest Member: Tolly34ss ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Ask the Captain
 Meridian Yachts, the good, bad and ugly.........
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Is This The Future Of Boat Design? Topic Next Topic: San Francisco to Mexico - Stage one
Page: of 3

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  19:17:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey All,

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 20:44:04

Homeport: Sarasota, Florida

getakey

RO# 32379

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  19:21:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may want to read your loan contract carefully. Many loans on boats have you responsible for difference in value of boat and loan if repossessed.

Homeport: CA Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  19:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats not the issue here. The issue is that my extended warranty is not covering what they sold it for.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 22 2011 11:34:49

Homeport: Sarasota, Florida Go to Top of Page

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  19:32:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did you actually read the extended warranty contract? does it state that labor is covered incl. pulling an engine out of the boat?

most of these extended warranties have numerous exclusions. If the extended warranties decline coverage (lack of maintenance, owner's mistake, etc...) then considering the fact that you've been bragging numerous times about letting the bank get the boat back, I'm not surprised the dealer is reluctant to start working on the boat knowing that, should the extended warranty not cover the repairs, they will be left with a large unpaid invoice...

as to the value of the boat going down because an engine is pulled out for repairs and the boat not being the same: BS! sounds like you have other things to worry about than that...

Salvage because an engine needs repairs? or because you stripped the boat (according to your own post from a couple of weeks ago...)

sounds like there is a lot more to this story...

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Edited by - PascalG on Jun 21 2011 19:34:52

Homeport: Miami, FL Go to Top of Page

Richiela

RO# 11019

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  19:41:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you read your extended service contract?
It is your responsibility to perform due diligence on any transaction. Maybe the dealer did mis-quote the features of the warranty.
Either way its your name on the contract with the bank. The fact that you are publicly attempting to solve the matter is really irrelevant.
Bring your extended service agreement with you to the lawyer. Personally I wouldn't ruin my credit because of a boat.

Anything Worth Doing, Is Worth Doing Right.

Homeport: Mystic, CT Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  19:41:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pulling an engine and repairing/replacing it is no big deal - it certainly will have no effect on the value and there is no reason that the boat won't 'be the same'.

You need to read up on "oral promises" and "puffery" - unless it is in writing, if the warranty excludes it, they won't cover.

Meridian is doing the right thing, stepping up to the plate - your beef is with Marine Max, and maybe Mercury, who is known not to stand behind their products. A good dealer would know how to force them to make good.

Spend some time reading your extended warranty before you do something that will come back and bite you in the ass.

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  20:06:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pascal, you are correct, we were trying to sell the boat and thats why we stripped off our personal items we did have a buyer coming out Saturday to look at the boat. When the first service was done on the starter and they said it was the flywheel, we decided to get out of this boat.

The problem with the warranty is that we did not receive a copy until well after our closing on the boat, we relied on what the selling agent told us was covered and believe me I asked a lot of questions and they assured me that it was bumper to bumper coverage.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 22 2011 11:35:41

Capt. Bill1

RO# 2017

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  20:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about your problems Pat. But I have to agree that if it wasn't in writing you’re probably screwed. And while you might be able to put the screws to Marine Max, it might also cost more than it's worth.

As to your "right to free speech", you like Dr. Laura, are misinterpreting that right.

Homeport: Sarasota/Ft. Lauderdale Go to Top of Page

psalzer

RO# 4570

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  20:44:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Failing to make payments and walking away from a loan would be a big mistake! You signed your name on the loan agreement, the bank could care less about your beef with Marine Max or Meridian.

Pete

Homeport: Fayetteville, Ga Go to Top of Page

RWS

RO# 25075

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  20:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PascalG

did you actually read the extended warranty contract? does it state that labor is covered incl. pulling an engine out of the boat?

most of these extended warranties have numerous exclusions. If the extended warranties decline coverage (lack of maintenance, owner's mistake, etc...) then considering the fact that you've been bragging numerous times about letting the bank get the boat back, I'm not surprised the dealer is reluctant to start working on the boat knowing that, should the extended warranty not cover the repairs, they will be left with a large unpaid invoice...

as to the value of the boat going down because an engine is pulled out for repairs and the boat not being the same: BS! sounds like you have other things to worry about than that...

Salvage because an engine needs repairs? or because you stripped the boat (according to your own post from a couple of weeks ago...)

sounds like there is a lot more to this story...

==============================
+1

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Nov 14 2009 : 13:53:53
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats right, dirty rotten scoundrels at Bank of the West repoed my boat yesturday! What a bunch of jerks! I had a scheduled payment for next Friday and they went ahead and did the repo anyway! I cant beleive this! this after they said I had nothing to worry about and, I was only 2 payments behind! Not like I was 6 months behind. To make matters worse, National Liquidaters in Ft. Lauderdale took the boat and is bringing the dam boat back to Ft. Lauderdale which is 250 nautical miles from here! What kind of crap is that! Thats gonna cost me about 5 thousand dollars in fuel alone! Can they legally do that? You would think that they would have a local west coast area to keep the boat until I can work it out from the bank. I called them to try and stop them but they said tuff ****! To boot the repo fee of 395.00 I have to pay to National to get the boat back plus expenses. Would have been cheaper to keep the boat over here some where. Any good lawyers out there? The bank admitted that they have me on tape telling them about the payment for next week so why did they repo, they claim I did not make a commitment to a post dated check, as I told them that I just started a new job, commision only and I was not sure how much I was getting on my first check. I think I got railroaded for sure! What a bunch of assholes! I sure hope that my $12,ooo.oo dollar Rolex watch is still on the boat when I get her back, I already told them about it so there is no surprise when they steal it! Does anyone out there know if they can get away with this? I need some HELP!
Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=====================================
Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jun 01 2011 : 19:08:29

Well just found out that the bank is moving forward on a repo for my boat We did fall behind 2 months but I called the bank and tried to do weekly payments until we could catch up, but they said no. After 45 days they take action, 45 days was yesturday so we are stripping the boat as we speak. If anyone needs any parts from a 2007 341 please let me know, I will sell you anything you want really cheap to try and make some money back. I will be boatless soon, what a relief in so many ways!

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat
======================================
Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jun 02 2011 : 21:28:57

Well today I out smarted the bank! I put the boat on the hard and had it hauled out so the repo man can not steal it! When the bank found that out they had a totally different attitude! Now they are extending my payment request till next week or until I get settled in my next job. I told them I want to sell the boat and that they would not get a chance to repo the boat until I exhaust all other options first. When the boat gets repaired and put back in the water I am taking it to a private yard to be hauled out and blocked until its sold so I do not have to worry about repo agents trying to snag the boat. I just love it when I get the upper hand for a change!

Kida, my e-mail you can contact me on is srqcaptain at verizon dot net.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Pascal IS RIGHT !

RWS

1983 Trojan International 10 Meter
Twin Yanmar 315 Turbodiesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

Edited by - RWS on Jun 22 2011 04:57:41

Homeport: FL Go to Top of Page

Woodsong

RO# 20095

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  21:00:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As others have said or indicated, you agreement with your lender is completely separate from any issue with marine max or meridian or mercury. You signed up for the loan- you owe them the money, period. If I buy a boat or a house or anything and get a loan, it sure isn't the bank's fault of values drop later on- I essentially pledged and gave my word to repay them on the agreed terms and they trusted me and gave me the money. Unless your loan has a provision that says if you grow unhappy or weary of the product you purchased via their loan and you can default on your agreement b/c of said weariness, you owe them the money, period.
I sell quite a few Meridians on the brokerage market. The 341 is a very, very small flybridge boat that IMO is a bit top heavy but again, that is not your lenders fault. I truly don't understand your logic of defaulting on a loan due to a builder or manufacturer issue. IF hail damages my roof can I default on my home loan? If one of my tenants walks out of their commercial lease can I default on my commercial loan??
Proving you have a rebuilt or new engine is NOT a negative on the resale market- it is a positive. Even if you spend a couple of dollars to get a brand new engine, it would only be a positive for your boat.

~~Let's see...1987 Bayliner 4588 & 1995 Boston Whaler 17' Dauntless, and a few other water toys~~

Homeport: GA Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  21:54:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
since when does replacing an engine lower a boat's value? The above posts sound like you are looking for a way to get out of a bad financial situation, not a bad boat.

Edited by - Gregory S on Jun 21 2011 21:57:15

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page

L. Keith

RO# 1615

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  21:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Captain Pat. If I was Marine Max, I would send you a map with the location of the court house marked on it. At this point I'm sure they would much rather deal with your attorney than deal with you. There are only two type of people that never loose their titles, Captains and Whores.-----------------The "Rolex" left on the boat and missing is the one of oldest scams around, that's all you got?

Homeport: N. Gulf of Mexico Go to Top of Page

Capt. Bill1

RO# 2017

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  22:20:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"There are only two type of people that never loose their titles, Captains and Whores."

God ain't that the truth. :-)

psalzer

RO# 4570

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  05:05:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to wonder if the problem here is not the fault of the owner. I remember the original thread where "Capt.Pat" was 2 months behind in payments and the "dirty rotten scoundrels" ath the bank wanted to repo the boat ( with a 12K Rolex onboard). Now 2 years later he again wants to stiff the bank! It has been my experience that folks who can't or won't make payments probably skimp on maintenance. It is no surprise that MM is reluctant to help ...... as others have said, I wold love the hear "tthe rest of the story"!

Pete

abalmuth

RO# 13885

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  05:46:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gregory S

since when does replacing an engine lower a boat's value? The above posts sound like you are looking for a way to get out of a bad financial situation, not a bad boat.

+1
Both my Cat's were replaced after a couple of years and the boat is most likey worth more now!

Carver Voyager 530 with Volvo 122's/610HP
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.........

Homeport: Huntington/Greenport, NY Go to Top of Page

rommer

RO# 12280

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  05:53:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like someone has definitely bit off more than they can chew. And now it becomes all of our problem as the boat is getting dumped back into the "system".

Big, bad evil corporations? (I think not in this case)

Boats, yup, 5 of em...
WLC - We love Champlin's!

Homeport: Liberty Landing Marina, NJ Go to Top of Page

William52

RO# 31223

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  06:09:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oral agreements and promises are worth the paper they are written on. Read your contract.
Walk away from the loan and walk away from your credit rating, if you even have one by now.
It sounds like your money situation changed and you tried to keep the boat. This little hobby called boating takes a certain amount of financial where with all, especially with larger boats.

William
Chris Craft 333
Perseverance

Homeport: Beaumont, Tx Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  06:09:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The picture is getting clearer now. This isn't the first time Captain Pat has tried to walk away from his financial responsibilities - sounds like he is just looking for a way out of the boat. No wonder the seller is wary of dealing with him...

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  08:13:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For all the backyard detectives you got me all wrong! . It just stinks.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 20:45:23

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  08:16:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh hmmmmm????

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 20:46:22

Reel Antsy

RO# 9587

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  08:22:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How long has it been since you've been able to use your boat?

Jamie
1985 Trojan F32

Homeport: Rockville, MD / Colonial Beach, VA Go to Top of Page

L. Keith

RO# 1615

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  08:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat just to give you a heads up, my $100.00 "China Town" Rolex keeps better time than my real "Sea Dweller" Rolex. So next time buy the knock off and use the savings to keep out of Sh*t like this.

Homeport: N. Gulf of Mexico Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  08:36:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ocean Spray

Well I received a call from Meridian and Brunswick yachts today. They said they would entertain the extraction of the motor to help me out but that Mercury was still on the fence with the warranty coverage and I could still be stuck with the whole bill for repair...

The fact that Meridian and Marine Max have chosen not to work on my boat because I have blogged about what happened is scary at best.

In one post you say Meridian has agreed to help you out, then you say that they refuse to work on your boat. Which is it???? Sounds to me like Meridian has done more than they had to do, your beef is with Marine Max.

You still have not answered the question as to whether or not your have read your extended warranty. Oral representations mean diddly - it's what's in the contract that matters.

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

flightconn

RO# 32312

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  08:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's see, can anyone think of a motive?

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/fire/fire-at-largo-boat-retailer-destroys-two-yachts/1175844

Cooper Prowler 12M

Edited by - flightconn on Jun 22 2011 08:50:07

Homeport: Michigan City, IN Go to Top of Page

rommer

RO# 12280

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  08:51:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Link is broken flightconn

Boats, yup, 5 of em...

flightconn

RO# 32312

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  08:58:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
try again...

Cooper Prowler 12M

Homeport: Michigan City, IN Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  09:02:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Works for me!

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

In the know

RO# 20824

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  09:12:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every now and then a business needs to fire its customer. If I were Marine Max I would have fired you a long time ago.

You sir, are a man of no honor.

--------------------------------------------------------

The enemy of society - the HUTAL

Homeport: The Ocean State Go to Top of Page

floydsfloat

RO# 31069

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  09:12:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When we bought our used 2000 carver it had already recently had both engines replaced under warranty. Instead of looking at as lowering the value, we thought of it as a bonus. The engines only now had 14 hrs on it when we took ownership!!!

Homeport: Virginia Go to Top of Page

Capt. Bill1

RO# 2017

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  09:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Why do I not have the right to free speech?"

The way I understand it, the First Amendment protects your freedom of speech in a court of law. It says nothing about the court of public opinion. The Constitution guarantees that you can say whatever you want in private. But it does not guarantee you the right to post on a private forum. It also does not guarantee that said forum will not block you.

If you really want to exercise your right to free speech, do what others have done and rent a plane to fly over the Ft. Lauderdale and Miami boat shows towing a sign that says “Marine Max Sucks”. :-)

rommer

RO# 12280

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  09:15:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flightconn

try again...

Thanks, that fixed it.

Boats, yup, 5 of em...

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  09:17:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 types of people I hate

1) People who take on more than they can handle
2) People that fall under #1 that run away from what they take on.

A boat is not an investment in value, it's an investment in life.
It's people who walk away or scuttle their boats for insurance that are killing our lifestyle.
Amazes me how a few bad eggs can ruin a good dozen.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page

Woodsong

RO# 20095

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  09:28:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Bill1

If you really want to exercise your right to free speech, do what others have done and rent a plane to fly over the Ft. Lauderdale and Miami boat shows towing a sign that says “Marine Max Sucks”. :-)

Did someone really do that? LOL!

~~Let's see...1987 Bayliner 4588 & 1995 Boston Whaler 17' Dauntless, and a few other water toys~~

Homeport: GA Go to Top of Page

Robyns Nest

RO# 4846

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  09:36:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Viking owner who was pissed off at MAN engines did it.

He got all of the 820hp MAN's cylinder heads replaced for every boat owner that had them.

"The future ain't what is used to be."
- Yogi Berra

Homeport: Monmouth Beach NJ Go to Top of Page

psalzer

RO# 4570

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  09:39:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Capt Pat, In your post 2 years ago, when the first repo was to take place you were willing to practically strip the boat to further screwthe bank, says a lot to your character. Still sounds like you bought a boat you cannot afford, much less maintain.

You do have the right of free speech, the public has the same right not to listen!

You have received some good advice here about walking away from your obligations!

Pete

RWS

RO# 25075

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  10:05:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scott here Captain....

I dunno how much these engines kana take....

The ships due for regular maintenance to change out the elbows and risers, and we haven't even inspected them !

I kanna change the laws of physics, you should have scheduled her in to Star Fleet Max for maintenance.

She kanna take anymore ! ! ! !

The best I can do is get you impulse power from the one good engine before the di-lithium crystals are damaged by the salt a-water.

Capnn, we might need to get the tractor beam involved and get towed to Star Fleet for repairs that will take weeks !....

Otherwise it's some Romulian Ale for me while I watch this . . .

http://www.hulu.com/watch/19313/saturday-night-live-star-trek-the-last-voyage-of-the-starship-enterprise?cc=1

(as NBC Executives come back and repo the ship and the props..... er...... the PROPS . . .

SORRY FOR GOING A BIT OFF TOPIC, BUT A LITTLE LEVITY NEVER HURTS!

RWS

1983 Trojan International 10 Meter
Twin Yanmar 315 Turbodiesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

Edited by - RWS on Jun 22 2011 14:50:03

Homeport: FL Go to Top of Page

Time 2 Play

RO# 30860

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  11:00:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How much do you want for this salvage boat? I'm not kidding. I am not afraid to change an engine or two.

Homeport: Seabrook, Texas Go to Top of Page

psalzer

RO# 4570

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  11:11:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can't salvage that what ain't paid for!!!

Pete

Double D

RO# 10727

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  11:34:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How does it work ???....for future purchases.......with a REPO on your credit report. Thats GOTTA SUCK !!!!

-------------------------------------

Edited by - Double D on Jun 22 2011 11:35:52

Homeport: Summer..anywhere we want. Winter...sunny Florida Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  11:45:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 20:47:16

GeeBee

RO# 385

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  11:45:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing is for sure. We found the "ugly" and it is not Meridian Yachts LOL!

"The trouble with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money."... Margaret Thatcher

Homeport: Lake Lanier, GA Go to Top of Page

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  12:04:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many of your questions and comments over the years, and in this thread, show how easy it is to get a license...

I am far from being a MM fan but now that the boat is out of warranty why do you insist on dealing with them? Any decent boat yard or dockside mechanic can handle your boat and for engine service under an extended warranty any mercruiser sealer should be to assist

Years ago I had an issue with Merc Vee drives, I didn't use the boat dealer but a local Merc. approved shop who negotiated for a partial warranty coverage. If you feel MM isn't treating you right, go somewhere else.

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Homeport: Miami, FL Go to Top of Page

psalzer

RO# 4570

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  12:12:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your words: Yes I can not afford to do the repair so I may not have any other choice but to walk away and let the chips fall where they may.

As I said "If you cant afford the payments, you probably cant afford the maintence or repairs"! As far as even making payments on a boat (or any other toy) I have to wonder????

You are probably better off quitting posting on a public forum and trying to be reasonable with the folks you have been trashing!! They are th only ones who can help you!

Kinda reminds me when I was a supervisor fr Delta many years ago, a disgruntled customer would rant an rave at the only person who was in a position to help him and did nothing to cause his problem.

Best of luck in getting this issue resolved and keeping your credit rating out of the toilet.

Pete

Reel Antsy

RO# 9587

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  12:24:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well you didn't answer my question Capt. Pat, when was the last time you were able to use and enjoy your boat?

Jamie
1985 Trojan F32

Homeport: Rockville, MD / Colonial Beach, VA Go to Top of Page

Capt. Bill1

RO# 2017

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  12:29:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Woodsong

quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Bill1

Did someone really do that? LOL!

Yup, just about every year there is at least one plane flying over head towing a banner claiming such and such a boat builder and/or engine manufacturer sucks.

One year I counted 3 or 4 planes.

Tim Bromund

RO# 18797

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  12:31:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, this thread is an absolute picture perfect dissertation on the concept of not trying to throw a load of bovine excrement at a bunch of people that actually know what they are talking about.

Tim

1989 Starcraft Islander 221 Hardtop "FishStyx2"

Salad is what FOOD Eats

Homeport: Olcott Beach, NY Go to Top of Page

rommer

RO# 12280

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  12:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
ok for all the nimbrains on here especially you RWS, stop, please stop being an ass! Here are the facts for you retards that dont get it:

When all else fails start attacking people personally. Yea, like that works...

Boats, yup, 5 of em...

In the know

RO# 20824

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  12:33:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ocean Spray

ok for all the nimbrains on here especially you RWS, stop, please stop being an ass! Here are the facts for you retards that dont get it:
1) No one is walking away from the boat, I was venting and I have spoken with my bank and its all fine, they are willing to work it out with me.
2) When I refer to stripping the boat, again venting in the wrong direction, my fault and I own up to that one.
3) I am a big boy and have my big boy panties on, no Im not ruining your way of life (boating) the dealers like MM are doing a fine job of that all by themselves.
4) Before commenting, get tha facts first, dont go by people like RWS who have nothing better to do then blast me for not being up to his standards, Im sure plenty of people think your just great.
5) I will no longer blog about this as it seams the backyard mechanics, wanna be captains and the like all have an opinion that does not matter.

And finalloy, to answer someones question, yes I do have a MASTER US CG license, I earned it, I am not a wanna be weekend warrior, I have used my license in commercial operations from time to time, so get off your horse.

The only ass her is you capitan. If you would have taken a breath and thought for a second, you would realize that RWS was actually trying to interject some humor to take the serious tone out of the thread.

As for you no longer blogging, I doubt you will live up to your word.

--------------------------------------------------------

The enemy of society - the HUTAL

Homeport: The Ocean State Go to Top of Page

psalzer

RO# 4570

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  12:37:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have used Marine Max for service on about 3 occasions, in all 3 my expectations were met or exceeded. They were NOT cheap, I paid top dollar, but my repairs were done on time and correctly.

As someone else on here used to say " Good, Fast, or Cheap... pick two!!"

Pete

HaveADay

RO# 30763

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  12:46:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing I just don't understand here is you come and make a post. State of bunch of things and bitch about a bunch more. Some people agree with you, more don't, they post about it and you call them names. I just don't understand what you thought was going to happen? Everyone is going to line up to give you sympathy hugs and tell you how terrible it is that you've had these problems? I'm not a party to any of this so I can only go off what you've posted but the combination of this post, your previous posts here and on MYO don't paint you in an entirely favorable light. You are the same guy who's response to a Meridian owner having two boats burned was to post "hahahaha." The most telling thing to me is that you've decided RWS is the enemy because he had the nerve to post your own words.

Additionally, you've suggested a lot of behavior that isn't real popular here (or a lot of other places) with regards to personal responsibility. You took out a loan to buy a boat, you have by your own posts had some challenges with paying that loan back. Through whatever you and the bank have been able to work out you still have the boat. Now a problem comes up to which the bank is not a party and your first response is that you're going to just dump the boat back on the bank. To my eye, and apparently several others here, that just smacks of an appalling failure in personal responsibility. It also does grave damage to your credit though it seems apparent that you've likely already done all the damage you can do to your credit.

Ben

-----------------------------------------
Have Another Day - 2003 Carver Voyager 570

Homeport: Chicago, IL Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Is This The Future Of Boat Design? Topic Next Topic: San Francisco to Mexico - Stage one  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.7 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com