BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 175 ]  [ Total: 177 ]  [ Newest Member: john kalinowski ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Ask the Captain
 Meridian Yachts, the good, bad and ugly.........
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Is This The Future Of Boat Design? Topic Next Topic: San Francisco to Mexico - Stage one
Page: of 3

psalzer

RO# 4570

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  14:23:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As they say, "If you think nobody cares, just miss a few payments"!

Pete

Homeport: Fayetteville, Ga Go to Top of Page

RWS

RO# 25075

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  14:39:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Pat,

Let's see if I got this right:

1) You singled ME out of the entire group and are obviously upset with ME for reposting YOUR WORDS.

2) You didn't appreciate the STAR TREK humor, and my attempt to add a spot of much needed LEVITY to this thread; it somehow hurt your feelings.

Well the only response I can provide is ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g82jKvG8Pyk

(sometimes I just crack myself up)

And you know what else, IT'S STILL FUNNY !

RWS

1983 Trojan International 10 Meter
Twin Yanmar 315 Turbodiesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

Edited by - RWS on Jun 22 2011 14:43:59

Homeport: FL Go to Top of Page

rduhon

RO# 29321

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  14:56:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's only one way to make this thread betta.

Put some Cajun in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnUfNUOsMMU&feature=related

Homeport: Lake Charles, La Go to Top of Page

RWS

RO# 25075

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  15:09:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ocean Spray

ok for all the nimbrains on here especially you RWS, stop, please stop being an ass! Here are the facts for you retards that dont get it:

<SNIP>

5) I will no longer blog about this as it seams the backyard mechanics, wanna be captains and the like all have an opinion that does not matter.

<SNIP>

..... used my license in commercial operations from time to time, so get off your horse.

Nimbrain ?

Ass ?

Retard ?

Backyard mechanics?

Wannabe Captains?

Now really Pat, what have I or anyone else here done to make you feel this way?

Especially RWS ?

Who , ME ?

I love this website and have gained a tremendous amount of valuable knowledge here from many others who have contributed to make this a really special place on the web, virtually unmatched anywhere else.

I really enjoy being here, especially the camaraderie, humor and mirth that many here include with thier posts. It makes for a warm, fun experience.

Maybe if you can be nice and apologize to the Forum perhaps we could just close this out over a couple of cold ones.

Otherwise your attitude makes me think someone, perhaps even you yourself peed in your Cheerios.

And yes, this thread has become VERY ENTERTAINING !

I hope Les doesn't kill it.

(still laughing uncontrollably)

RWS

P.S. PLEASE give me a break as I have had a bad day myself. When I picked up the Testarossa from the service department this morning, my Rolex Presidential watch that I accidentially left on the dash was missing!

Can you believe that?

But I am hoping everything will be O.K. 'cause I'm gonna hire an attorney to sue them for it, BIG TIME !

Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner

Edited by - RWS on Jun 22 2011 16:30:37

Robyns Nest

RO# 4846

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  15:50:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the way it will go down if you fail to pay them bank and they take the boat.

They take it, stripped or not, bring to a repo lot, sell the boat and sue you for the difference.

They win their case and file their judgement with all of the banks in the state and possible out of state.

If you have any money, one of the banks will take it all and send to the bank.

End of story.

"The future ain't what is used to be."
- Yogi Berra

Homeport: Monmouth Beach NJ Go to Top of Page

getakey

RO# 32379

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  15:56:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
+1 Yup

Homeport: CA Go to Top of Page

psalzer

RO# 4570

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  15:57:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, "the dirty, rotten, scoundrels"' the nerve of them!!! Imagine that, they loan you the money to buy your new toy, ' ya don't like the toy anymore, and now they want you to honor the contract. You have every right to be angry!

Pete

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  16:24:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Add on top of that your credit rating goes to crap, so now you can't buy anything on credit.
So no money, no credit, no boat, kill me now!

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  16:49:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After reading all the posts, IMHO, there is only two conclusions that can be drawn here.

Captain Pat is either one dumb dude, no disrespect intended Pat (which is where I am leaning towards) or He is FOS, and is leaving out more that is going on.

Just My 2C

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Veg

RO# 20854

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  17:05:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess I can't hold back from throwing my .02 in here. It's pretty clear that "Captain" Pat is in a pretty deep pile of doodoo here, and unfortunately he's coming across as not only naive and/or ignorant, but also a bit arrogant which makes it worse. I'd just say that, before it gets uglier, let's pause for a second and realize that being in a mess like the one he's in probably won't bring the best out in most people. Surely, he could be dealing with this a lot better, but sometimes things have a way of snowballing once you make a mistake and then try to cover it up or keep justifying it, and start getting upset when people challenge you...
All I'm saying is, it took me several years of boat ownership to wash away the naivete that is prevalent in many new boat owners, and I recall my first few years of ownership and I'm THANKFUL for whatever (higher force, luck, or maybe just enough caution mixed in - in reality I think a mixture of all) kept me from getting into any serious trouble. But I sure made some mistakes that could have backfired on me, and I also remember not clearly understanding the risks inherent with buying a boat or operating a boat - regardless of the Powers Squadrons courses that I took, all the research I did, or the many years that I spent around boats when younger.
The point is, there are many out there that purchase boats while still not fully aware of the wide range of things that can go wrong, as well as the extent of warranty coverages, among many other things... And while the responsibility must fall primarily on the buyer, sometimes education and research can only get you so far, and only through the school of hard knocks can some lessons be learned... But the truth is also, it would be great if boat salespeople didn't act as if they were selling cars, because it doesn't help the situation.
"Captain" Pat, I'd suggest you stop posting on these public forums, because it's pretty clear that you did not fully understand the terms under which you purchased your boat nor the terms of your warranty, and the only way you might be able to salvage this situation from getting much, much worse for you will be to re-engage with the dealer and the manufacturer in a much more positive light and try to work a way out of this... I suspect that to do this, you'll have to start by admitting you've made some mistakes in how you've approached this.

2001 Tiara 2900 Open - "O Sole Mio" - Stillwater, MN

Edited by - Veg on Jun 22 2011 17:27:14

Homeport: Stillwater, MN Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  17:15:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said, Ernesto.

That's what BE is for. If he had posted TWO questions, perhaps he wouldn't be in the situation he now finds himself.

1. Should I buy an extended warranty? We would have asked him what the written warranty says, and when he replied that he had nothing in writing, we would have told him "NO"

2. Is this boat underpowered? Clearly, the answer would be "YES".

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  20:58:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Captain Pat had to suspect the boat was underpowered prior to his purchase. Sometimes people get boat fever so bad that they don't listen to reason.

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  21:41:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK help.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 20:48:29

Homeport: Sarasota, Florida Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  21:44:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Walter,
I am surprised at your comment. And no I am not dumb and I did not leave out anything, I have a warranty that is not being honored by Mercury Marine, thats all. Dont be so quick to judge!

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Homeport: Sarasota, Florida Go to Top of Page

sortie

RO# 2043

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  21:47:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, not often that you see shuch a classic example of the old quote" Better to keep your mouth and have people think you are not to bright, rather then open and remove all doubt".

Capt Pat, you sir are a classic fool. In your last post you have proven it beyond any doubt. IfI were the Bank, the boat dealer or the manf., I would be enjoying this.

John

Life is To Short To Own An Ugly Boat

Homeport: Merritt Island, FL Go to Top of Page

Tim Bromund

RO# 18797

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  21:47:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unless of course, the continued abusive language and personal attacks don't get you banned......Then, you in fact, won't continue to post as you see fit. Keep crapping in Les's playground like you have been and you may not get the opportunity.

I'm just sayin..

Tim

1989 Starcraft Islander 221 Hardtop "FishStyx2"

Salad is what FOOD Eats

Homeport: Olcott Beach, NY Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  21:53:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i don't think anybody's laughing. Hopefully those reading this are learning from your mistakes.

HaveADay

RO# 30763

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  22:02:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So just to be clear. It's fine for you to post whatever you want even if it's complete crap (like your posts about stripping the boat) but if anyone disagrees with your crap they should shut up? That's just not what a forum is all about. If you want everyone to agree with you I suggest you email yourself rather than posting on a forum, that's the only way to insure complete agreement.

You're in an unfortunate situation and we probably could all appreciate that maybe offer a little advice and some sympathy. Instead you've managed to leave yourself in a position in which I think very few care enough to offer you any advice beyond suggesting you take it elsewhere.

Ben

-----------------------------------------
Have Another Day - 2003 Carver Voyager 570

Homeport: Chicago, IL Go to Top of Page

mandm1200

RO# 29581

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  22:14:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

4) RWS, you my friend are an ass in its purest form, you are a smart ass, your comments are insulting

Some people just like like to pile on when someone hits bottom as in this case. I am not defending the OP, Max Marine, Merc, or Meridian. The OP seems to be on the the short stick. I would not be venting the way he is, but people have their own way of going about their business.

"If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes."

Homeport: Lewisberry, PA Go to Top of Page

HaveADay

RO# 30763

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  22:16:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandm1200

quote:

4) RWS, you my friend are an ass in its purest form, you are a smart ass, your comments are insulting

Some people just like like to pile on when someone hits bottom as in this case. I am not defending the OP, Max Marine, Merc, or Meridian. The OP seems to be on the the short stick. I would not be venting the way he is, but people have their own way of going about their business.

If quoting the guy as he melts down is piling on then sure, otherwise I think you're off base.

-----------------------------------------
Have Another Day - 2003 Carver Voyager 570

Homeport: Chicago, IL Go to Top of Page

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  22:22:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I have a warranty that is not being honored by Mercury Marine, thats all. Dont be so quick to judge!"

from your previous posts, and as far i understood, MM and Mercruiser didn't NOT HONOR the extended warranty, they just warned you that depending on what the problem was the repairs may or may not be fully covered.

this is pretty standard stuff but usually unless there is no fault on your part, should the failure not be fully covered the right attitude and a little negotiation can go a long way.

personally, whenever i've considered an extended warranty, I started reading the fine print and after reading all exclusions I usually end up asking myself "so what does this cover?"

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Homeport: Miami, FL Go to Top of Page

mandm1200

RO# 29581

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  22:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HaveADay

If quoting the guy as he melts down is piling on then sure, otherwise I think you're off base.

Kicking a man when he is down on his luck is not needed. Goes to show the character of the people who post.

Edited by - mandm1200 on Jun 22 2011 22:35:04

rommer

RO# 12280

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  22:31:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The OP just keeps digging deeper and deeper. His trying to bash MM/Merc/Sales person/whomever seems to be nothing more than an attempt to shift the source of his problems on to someone else. Another good example of "it's always someone else's fault" that ripples through so many people today.

Someone pass the popcorn please?

Boats, yup, 5 of em...
WLC - We love Champlin's!

Homeport: Liberty Landing Marina, NJ Go to Top of Page

mandm1200

RO# 29581

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  22:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PascalG
[brpersonally, whenever i've considered an extended warranty, I started reading the fine print and after reading all exclusions I usually end up asking myself "so what does this cover?"

Agree! Extended warranty's are only good if it covers a failure.

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  23:03:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally,

I give him a mulligan, he is going through tough times, seems like a novice about "owning a boat" and basically at this point he has been through hell. He is flustered, he is down, therefore his posts reflect that.

As a boater, I feel bad for him, IMHO, it does not matter who is right or wrong, this guy is out of a boat that he is still on the hook for.

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

psalzer

RO# 4570

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  04:34:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Walter,
I am surprised at your comment. And no I am not dumb and I did not leave out anything, I have a warranty that is not being honored by Mercury Marine, thats all. Dont be so quick to judge!

No, you have a warranty that you never read or didn't understand. You took the salesmens word as to what it said and what was included. After all the drama and what you nave said in public, good luck working it out with MM,, or Mercury.

Pete

Edited by - psalzer on Jun 23 2011 04:36:40

William52

RO# 31223

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  06:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In life, when you have trouble, the last thing you want to do is piss off the very ones..only ones that can help you. That goes even if you are right and they are wrong...your objective is to get out of trouble.
I also understood from your posts that a final verdict from MM and Mercruiser as to what they would repair had not yet been decided..yet you go on forums and blogs to bad mouth them. Mistake! Mistake! It looks like you assumed up front that they were not going to do anything. You need to be very contrite and apologize to them on the same forums..might not do any good now but there is nothing to lose from it. Say that you are frustrated about your situation and flew off the handle, etc. Its very surprising the bank is still working with you.
As for the extended warranty, I hope you get lucky and it covers something. When you were being told about it, you should have said, "Let me read it, then I will consider signing it." It's always amazing to me that people don't READ a contract. They just sign like they don't have time to be bothered. I bet I could put in my lease agreements that I am going to take their front door off the hinges every Tues. and 80% would never read it. Reading a contract has saved me from many major screw ups. Finally, keep the bank and anyone else involved informed of what is going on BEFORE they start looking for you. It will be very much appreciated and gives them a feeling that you working on the problem.
You say you want to sell the boat. Can you do that in its present condition and pay off the bank or are you upside down on it? If you can sell it..bring back what you have stripped to improve its value. Start today doing everything to repair your credit in every little way possible. Someday, years from now, you may want to buy a boat.
There now..no laughing..no kicking someone when he's down..just advice to the best of my ability.
If there is one thing I have learned about the people on this board is that they are honest and WILL say what they think. Most will help when they can, but the one thing they are NOT..is a pat-on the-back society. The opinions are as diverse as the people.
Mr duhon: hilarious clip... I love Louisiana...great food..great people...and the only foreign country in the 57 states. I'm going for some shrimp creole and blackened catfish for lunch today.
Would love for you to come this way sometime.

William
Chris Craft 333
Perseverance

Homeport: Beaumont, Tx Go to Top of Page

RWS

RO# 25075

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  07:17:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

<SNIP>

3) for all the negative people on here who feel the need to bash, dig up old posts and make stupid comments when they dont know the whole story, I have this to offer, SHUT UP.

4) RWS, you my friend are an ass in its purest form, you are a smart ass, your comments are insulting as you think you are above eveyone else, I think you have no life as you have the time to dig up old posts and re post them to make someone feel like crap, if we ever did meet in person trust me beers would not be on the menu at all.

5) Your right, I will continue to post as I see fit. I'm trying to get things worked out and its easy for some of you to call me names and make fun, but until it happens to you, you wont find it so amusing.
Now, that being said I hope your all entertained and laughing your asses off, glad I could help.

Captain Pat,

Please accept my apologies if I made you feel like crap, for that was not and is not my intention.

SERIOUSLY.

That said, some folks on this forum stand out by the very nature of thier claims, the comments expressed, or opinions they have shared.

Captain Pat, you have distinguished yourself by virtue of your own extremely memorable postings.

The $12,000 Rolex watch you left on board when the boat was repossessed the first time.

Your "bring on the hurricane" comments with the dollar signs

Your stripping the boat and offering to sell the parts.

Your "outsmarting" the bank and repo guys.

How you are being screwed by your dealer and the manufacturer with regards to the boat being underpowered, misrepresentations by th edealer on the engine size, the warranty coverage, the problems with the starter, the flywheel, having to go to a dealer 90 miles away because you were refused service from your local dealer, negative posts about a dealer at other websites, assualts on you rown personal freedom of speech, underpowered boats with inferior props and on and on and on.

Much like someone who traveled to Block Island in a bowrider some years ago, this behavior brings you notoriety.

Then of course there is your name calling.

This lack of decorum and respect for other Forum members shines the spotlight right on you.

It really makes you stand out.

While Forum members have posted opinions that differ from yours and some have injected some levity (I still think the Star Trek, Steve Martin & Louisiana REdneck stuff was fulnny as $*&t) only one Forum member has referred to others as an NIMBRAIN, WANNABE CAPTAIN, or BACKYARD MECHANIC , ASS or RETARD.

I feel very sorry for you and everyone else who did not expect, plan for or anticipate this economic downturn and for things to go from what they were to where they are today. That is the absolute and most sincere truth.

However,

In the fourth post in this thread, Pascal stated: "sounds like there is a lot more to this story..."

Well sir, it seems that Pascal was correct.

If in fact there was a fraud, all I did was to expose it for what it was.

In the authors own words.

The Forum members are quite capable of sharing thier own thoughts and expressing thier own comments and opinions.

Each of us is responsible for his own words. Those words expose who they are.

I stand behind mine.

And I don't go back and change them.

Once again, I am truly very sorry for you, on many different levels.

All humorous interjections aside, you have my opinion and my sincere apology.

Captain Pat, I believe you really do owe this Forum one of your own.

RWS

Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner

Edited by - RWS on Jun 23 2011 07:34:54

Reel Antsy

RO# 9587

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  07:24:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Captain Pat,

I can sympathize with your dilemma. However, as many have pointed out and it's my belief, that you must try to salvage your relationship with your lender first. Walking away from the problem at this point, if what you say is factual, will certainly end in disaster.

You should also cease discussing this topic on all public forums immediately. What you might try, is to ask for help, ideas and thoughts on fixing the lender relation and your account issues. Once you are comfortable with the bank and it's one less sleepless night, then focus on what can be done with getting your boat back on the water.

I have seen your charter web site and it's pretty nice, it appears to be your livelyhood, although it's doesn't seem to be up today.

There are a lot business savy and intelligent folks here, who I am sure, would be able to help you put together a plan to address your situation. Just ask. Remember, the answer is ALWAYS NO if you never ask! Perhaps someone here will offer to contact you to discuss all options which may help.

Don't relish in all your bashing. Turn your problem around. You'd be surprised to find out just how many here will take the time to come to your aid, if you'd just change your tone.

I hope all works out for you, good luck.

Jamie
1985 Trojan F32

Homeport: Rockville, MD / Colonial Beach, VA Go to Top of Page

Estimator

RO# 23140

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  07:48:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Know what, miss payments on your house and the result is the same. Even my 21 year old son knows these basics. While I will not say you are a stupid man, which would be personal, you surely say many stupid things.

You are, with a few clicks, easy to locate on the net Pat F. Your failed charter business with this boat as well as all else in your life. You are not a child, or even young, by any means. Social networks put everything out their when one chooses to do so.

Calling names is not only personal attacks but is childish.

This is Ask the Captain and so far you have asked squat. This is not mass, but you surely have made confession as if it is such but I see no contrition.

Many have hard times from things completely out of there control, heath as well as acts of god.

You Sir are responsible for your own pains….Not one ounce of sympathy from me and calling RWS names for quoting you is one of the stupidest things I have seen in a long time. I remember when you first posted all this, it is what it is.

You wish your loan to go away just as you wish what you said to go away, as with loans, it doesn’t happen that way. Know what, boat are repo’d from the hard all the time.

Man Up, Grow Up…...quit blaming others for all your ills. If you don’t want to hear about it, WTF did you post in ATC anyway? If you expected sympathy, maybe you are stupid. If you like being beat up, I suggest therapy.

Stan

"In Heat"
1997 Bayliner Capri 2350 LS SE, 454, Bravo III
"Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke."
-Will Rogers-

Homeport: Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma Go to Top of Page

Pale Ale

RO# 11296

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  08:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh and just to prove my point, MYO has frozen the blog on there web site after everyone started chimming in in my defense. Once Meridian commented that they are not happy, the blog has been frozen, hmmmmm????

They didn't delete it, just froze it so your comments are still there. I bet if some of those on MYO saw this thread they might not be so sympathetic.

Homeport: Maryland Go to Top of Page

In the know

RO# 20824

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  09:59:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by HaveADay

Kicking a man when he is down on his luck is not needed. Goes to show the character of the people who post.

There is a difference between being down and asking for help and how to approach a situation in which one feels another party is not honoring their obligation, and being down and acting like an arrogant ass.

I ask you - which category does the OP fall into?

--------------------------------------------------------

The enemy of society - the HUTAL

Homeport: The Ocean State Go to Top of Page

circaburns1

RO# 29565

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  11:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat:let me get this right.

If there is still one year on the extended warranty to run and the problem is covered (no reason to think not) then that's Ok and they will pay for the removal and reinstall. This part of the problem solved.
If the problem has been because you have ingested a plastic bag, then wouldn't this be covered by your usual boat insurance? Again problem solved.
And I do not see why you can not take the engine out in parts. The sliding door should come off and the glass panels should come out too - or break the glass and get a new fitted. Frames should be good in situ.

And as an aside, I think you must realize that public venting all the issues you have had with MM or Meridian in the past has done you no good. It might feel right when you post but I believe we all see that it isn't. You just make enemies of the wrong people. The last thing I would want to do is put offside the people that I have to rely top come to the party.

I genuinely wish you good luck with your issues and hope they will work themselves out. Never good to see a fellow boater doing it tough. Despite the posts here, I think we all feel for you.

Robert

Homeport: fremantle Go to Top of Page

GeeBee

RO# 385

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  11:28:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I can say is if Bank of the West does reposses now or at any time in the future, with this thread in evidence, they are going to sue for more than the deficiency. They would be entitled to punitive damages as well.

"The trouble with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money."... Margaret Thatcher

Homeport: Lake Lanier, GA Go to Top of Page

mandm1200

RO# 29581

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  22:01:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GeeBee

They would be entitled to punitive damages as well.
What damages? The bank is not going to spend $50k-100k in hopes of a 50-50 chance of getting $1 back.

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  06:32:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

They would be entitled to punitive damages as well.
What damages? The bank is not going to spend $50k-100k in hopes of a 50-50 chance of getting $1 back.

Never underestimate the stupidity of a bank...

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  08:20:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you Google Meridian Yachts Repos, this thread comes up in the first page

George Carlin

GeeBee

RO# 385

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  08:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoops. Paralegals will be all over it.

Mandm1200, first they get his boat, with punitive they can go after any asset he has including attaching future earnings.

"The trouble with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money."... Margaret Thatcher

Homeport: Lake Lanier, GA Go to Top of Page

mrknowitall

RO# 4979

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  09:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The risk of borrowing money on a depreciating asset is too high for me... if you don't pay cash for it then you can't afford it. IMO

Over!

Homeport: Sequim Bay, WA Go to Top of Page

In the know

RO# 20824

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  10:19:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mandm1200, first they get his boat, with punitive they can go after any asset he has including attaching future earnings.

And to boot, the cached version shows the thread before he did all his editing.

--------------------------------------------------------

The enemy of society - the HUTAL

Homeport: The Ocean State Go to Top of Page

mariner36

RO# 31220

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  10:23:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do access the caches version? I missed the unedited, and it appears to be a humorous read.

1985 Carver Mariner 36

TerribleTom

RO# 10660

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  10:42:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a thought here......As the OP used his boat for commercial purposes (Chartering), I wonder if the extended warranty would even apply......

Tom

Homeport: Clinton, Ct Go to Top of Page

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  12:24:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TerribleTom

Just a thought here......As the OP used his boat for commercial purposes (Chartering), I wonder if the extended warranty would even apply......

Tom

I was wondering when someone was going to pick up on that.

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

Capitalism is to this administration what Judaism was to the Third Reich.

-- Me

Homeport: Hopewell, VA Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  21:25:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, never thought of that. Hope Ocean Spray doesn't get ccught up in that.Come to think of it, every marine warranty I've rad had some sort of commercial exclusion. But if That's the case, how do marne businesses handle warranties on new purchases?

mandm1200

RO# 29581

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  21:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dream on. Punitive damages is tough to prove. After reading all the threads it has not influenced me one bit about buying a Meridian.

booboo

RO# 16369

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  08:20:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I can certainly understand the frustration of paying a lot of hard earned money for something and not getting what you expected I feel there are some very serious personality characther traits with OP that have him shooting himself in the foot constantly.

1. Don't get on a public forum and continually bash the people you are CURRENTLY doing business with, its not helping!
2. Don't expect a boat, and take it from someone who has owned 4 brand new boats in the last 7 years, to work flawlessly. Boats, especially new ones without all the kinks worked out break, and they do so frequently and at the most inconvenient of times.
3. I recently worked with silverton to be reimbursed for a bottom job that was done poorly at the factory. While they put up some resistance at first as a "we don't warranty bottom paint" a little kindness and negotiation technique can get you a world of return.
4. Don't come to a public forum and expect everyone here to agree with you just because you are angry.
5. Anyone wishing hurricane devastation on folks has some screws loose, no matter what line of business one is in.

nuff said

Homeport: Catskill, NY Go to Top of Page

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  11:05:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The boat is not under powered, it's over propped. Shy of something Tugboat Kevin or Cap't Harold build it'snever going to be a rocket ship. It wasn't meant to be.

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

Capitalism is to this administration what Judaism was to the Third Reich.

-- Me

Homeport: Hopewell, VA Go to Top of Page

stmbtwle

RO# 7934

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  11:36:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrknowitall

The risk of borrowing money on a depreciating asset is too high for me... if you don't pay cash for it then you can't afford it. IMO

+1

Willie: Look Ma no paddle!

Homeport: Tampa Bay, FL Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  12:47:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stmbtwle

quote:
Originally posted by mrknowitall

+1

Not necessarily, if you can afford the payments, why would you NOT use someone else's money to pay for it???

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

stmbtwle

RO# 7934

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  12:56:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you want to make the assumption that you'll ALWAYS be able to afford the payments, that's up to you. But IMO it's still really risky.

There are a whole lot of folks who THOUGHT they could "afford the payments" before reality and the economy raised their ugly heads. Now they're sitting on boats/homes/cars that they CAN'T afford and can't sell, either.

Nothing gets your attention like cash!

Willie: Look Ma no paddle!

Homeport: Tampa Bay, FL Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Is This The Future Of Boat Design? Topic Next Topic: San Francisco to Mexico - Stage one  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.69 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com