BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 86 ]  [ Total: 90 ]  [ Newest Member: Heckjo ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Regal Owners
 Regal 2250 outdrive trim issue
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Starting batteries Topic Next Topic: Thank You Regal Marine  

Jet Laggin

RO# 27135

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  08:59:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen this question posted a lot on many boating boards but I am not sure that my situation is the same as others that I have read. I have a 2005 Volvo 5.7 Gi Sx outdrive and cannot get the trim/tilt to work. I have shotgunned several things with no positive results. The DC motor has been changed, the up down solenoids have been changed and I have started to run checks on voltage. I have +- 12 volts coming up the line to the motor and get solid clicks from solenoids in both directions with the motor disconnected. As soon as the motor is connected or anything requiring a load (multimeter) is connected there is a rapid clicking from the solenoids and there is static over the radio speakers. At this point I am thinking that there may be two issues at work here; 1. not enough power to keep the solenoids closed or 2. the grounding is bad. The problem is that I really don't know how to check either of those items. Suggestions ... or am I going down the wrong path??
Henry
Regal 2250
Laser, Opti(kids),
Crew:
Beneteau First 36.7 BreakAway

Homeport: Candlewood Lake, CT

Jet Laggin

RO# 27135

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  09:15:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some additional information ... the 50 amp breaker is in and the 10 amp fuse is good with 12 v going across it.

Henry
Regal 2250
Laser, Opti(kids),
Crew:
Beneteau First 36.7 BreakAway

Homeport: Candlewood Lake, CT Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Starting batteries Topic Next Topic: Thank You Regal Marine  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 5.44 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice