BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 1 | Guests: 120 ]  [ Total: 121 ]  [ Newest Member: dentray ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Silverton Owners
 Windscreen for a 36 C
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 2001 35c Silverton, Bay Shore,NY $78,000 Topic Next Topic: 1991 SILVERTON 34FT EXPRESS  

Anchor Management

RO# 32420

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  15:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard of an aftermarket windscreen for a 2008 36 C? I hate being beat up by the wind on long trips.
-------------------------
2006 52 Searay Sedan Bridge

Homeport: Haverstraw, NY

eahearn

RO# 25723

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  18:36:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's why I always keep a windbreaker on the bridge! When transiting the ocean, even on the hottest of days, I usually end up wearing it.

Not sure if one is available - I think I may have seen discussions on this topic on other boards.

- Ed

2006 Silverton 34 Convertible

Homeport: Portsmouth, RI Go to Top of Page

Anchor Management

RO# 32420

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  19:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I'll look around. I could have one fabricated but it would have to be professional. The boats have nice lines and I don't want tt looking cheap or out of place.

Homeport: Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  21:08:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why not call Silverton parts? Your boat's relatively new and they may have one. It's called a venturi windscreen.

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page

Anchor Management

RO# 32420

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  09:55:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I called Silverton and they do not make one. They did know someone who wento Taylor and theyu will build on custom but it cost over $2,000. At that price, I will wear goggles.

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  11:41:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The reason why there is no venturi windshield/screen (according to Silverton) is that the slope of the bridge was designed to have the same affect as a venturi windshield.

I know, that when I was waiting for my hardtop to be completed and had no canvas on the bridge I could drive the boat and not have a problem being slapped by the wind (unlike when the canvas was up and the glass was rolled up)

Are you looking for this so can you drive without canvas, or are you thinking this will help when the front glass is rolled up?

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Anchor Management

RO# 32420

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  12:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I typically roll up the foont canvas. The boat came with only a smile in the center piece so I added one for either side so the whole front can be opened. I'm sure I'll never take off the canvas completely so I was looking to reduce the wind with the three pieces rolled up. There is enough room to add a piece of glass between the canvas/windows and the console. I'll take your word on the design being effective with no canvas but if that was Silvertons explaination, they should be ashamed. How many people drive boats like these with no canvas?

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  13:11:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A windshield was something I always wanted (purely for looks).

What you are describing (windows rolled up) I wonder if a venturi windshield will make a difference.

Whatever you do, please post, I am very interested to see what works for you. I have the 2004 34c

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Anchor Management

RO# 32420

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  13:20:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will do. At this point I'm thinking to have a local shop custom make me a windscreen that conforms to the front of the console. I store indoors so when it comes out of the water for the year is most likely when I would have it done.

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  11:01:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that if you show them pictures of the 38c windshield, they could work off of that design.

Looking forward to what you come up with and the price.

Thanks
Walter

George Carlin

winters remedy

RO# 28820

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  11:54:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anchor management if you need pictures of 38c I'm on G dock.

Homeport: stony point ny Go to Top of Page

Anchor Management

RO# 32420

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  12:48:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent. I will take you up on your offer. Thanks.

winters remedy

RO# 28820

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  12:01:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no prob.

Homeport: stony point ny Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 2001 35c Silverton, Bay Shore,NY $78,000 Topic Next Topic: 1991 SILVERTON 34FT EXPRESS  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.39 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com