BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 9 | Guests: 107 ]  [ Total: 116 ]  [ Newest Member: luna sea ]
 All Forums
 Cruising Guides
 Inside Passage
 North and East of Port Hardy
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: You asked for more. Topic Next Topic: Piloting With Pacific Joule 2011  

Jgsons2

RO# 32496

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  13:01:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi to all of you Inside Passage people. Thanks again for all the help. We had a really great trip.
We went as far north as Kemtu as far east as Ocean Falls. WE went in to every bay that we could put our boat in. We put 550 miles on the boat in 25 days. Sorry to say my wife dropped our camera over the side on our first day out. I dove and found the camera but could not save it.
The only problem we had was my gps antenna went out on us. (We have a hand held back up.) So that ended the trip.
I will go back next year with my sons lord willing. I will have a new camera by then also.

This is Jim, Glenda and Red saying stay safe and keep the bottom side down till we talk to you all again.
May your keel stay wet and your seat stay dry

Homeport: Leavenworth,WA

Old_Salt

RO# 20541

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  13:48:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"We went as far north as Kemtu as far east as Ocean Falls. WE went in to every bay that we could put our boat in."

I know you had a great trip. Klemtu and Ocean Falls were our furthest points north in our trips of the last 2 years. Lots to see and lots of hidey-holes to stay overnight. I would be interested to hear the details of all those bays you put the boat in.

When you get the new camera, presenting it to Glenda with a bottle of her favorite beverage could earn you lotsa' bonus points.

OS

Homeport: Porpoise Bay, BC Go to Top of Page

BillV

RO# 17370

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  06:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
The only problem we had was my gps antenna went out on us.

Jim: Would you mind telling us what brand of GPS you were using and what was done to repair it? I have had a similar problem ( twice) and giving serious thought to replacing the chartplotter I use.

1978 Glasply 28' mid-cabin, repowered, remodeled, rewired, rebuilt, replaced, repaired, oh well you get the picture! It's my full time job now that I'm retired.

Homeport: Lynden, WA Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: You asked for more. Topic Next Topic: Piloting With Pacific Joule 2011  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.33 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com