BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 1 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: Farm ]
 All Forums
 Cruising Guides
 Inside Passage
 Finally, going north in June.
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 2012 trip to the Broughton Islands Topic Next Topic: TO ALL WHO HELP  

BillV

RO# 17370

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  22:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My retirement is official April 2nd, 2012. I plan on heading north to Desolation Sound followed by the Broughtons. I have no set agenda other then relaxing and enjoying the moment. I'm not planning on returning untill September sometime. Not sure how far north I will get but would like to fish the Port Hardy area if time permits. I suspect that fuel prices will be as bad next year as they were this one, or worse. Anyone have any knowledge of the best locations to get fuel in Desolation Sound or the Broughtons? Any comments OS?
1978 Glasply 28' mid-cabin, repowered, remodeled, rewired, rebuilt, replaced, repaired, oh well you get the picture! It's my full time job now that I'm retired.

Edited by - BillV on Oct 10 2011 23:23:15

Homeport: Lynden, WA

Old_Salt

RO# 20541

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  09:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Any comments OS?" ???

OH, YEAH !!! NORTH POLE IN 2012 !!!!

April 2 to Sept. 28 suits me fine, Bill.
1 1/2 to 2 months to Ketchikan,
2 to 3 months touring Southeast,
1 1/2 to 2 months to get back home ...
sounds good to me. You can fish from Hardy to Skagway to Pelican to Sitka to Craig and all the way home.

Congratulations on your retirement, Bill. Extended cruising and retirement go very well together. You're gonna' love it.

OS

Homeport: Porpoise Bay, BC Go to Top of Page

BillV

RO# 17370

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  10:40:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've noticed on Google Earth that there appears to be a "channel" of sorts near Rivers Inlet that passes by a town called Oweekeno and onto Owikeno Lake. Anyone ever been up here in recent past?

1978 Glasply 28' mid-cabin, repowered, remodeled, rewired, rebuilt, replaced, repaired, oh well you get the picture! It's my full time job now that I'm retired.

Homeport: Lynden, WA Go to Top of Page

Old_Salt

RO# 20541

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  13:25:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2007. The "channel" is the Wannock River. My boat does'nt wanna' go there. Good Luck!

OS

Homeport: Porpoise Bay, BC Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 2012 trip to the Broughton Islands Topic Next Topic: TO ALL WHO HELP  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com