BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 119 ]  [ Total: 125 ]  [ Newest Member: Bumpo64 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Bayliner, Maxum, Meridian Owners
 Meridian 341 problem you need to know about!
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Capt Pat Topic Next Topic: Problems with A/C on a new Meridian 341, Anyone ?
Page: of 2

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  15:43:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone, Captain Pat here. I wanted to warn other 341 owners of a problem they may not be aware of. Recently Meridian did some prop hull modifications to all 341's. The hull now gets out of the water and up on plane faster without the use of trim tabs. Great right? Wrong!

The problem now is that water backs up in to the exhaust allowing water intrusion to both engines as we found out the hard way. Both my engines seized back in May right after getting this work done. After the boat sitting at MM of Sarasota for 6 weeks, we brought the boat up to MM of Clearwater for the repairs, thats when we found out that both engines seized.

Long story short, repairs were done after I took down blogs, but did not agree to sign papers from Brunswick not allowing me to tell anyone about this. Once the bank got involved they decide to make the repairs and use my boat as a test boat to try and figure out a fix, which they did. I heard that Mercury has installed a one way valve now in the exhaust to keep water from getting in to the engines, I only hope that it works!

If you own a Meridian 341 you owe it to yourself to call Meridian and ask what they plan on doing about this problem, if they deny anything is wrong, please fell free to mention my name! Good luck!

Currently boatless....... Captain Pat
Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Homeport: Sarasota, Florida

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  16:02:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat,
You posted this twice, I deleted the duplicate post. Happy to hear you got the boat fixed. Did they rebuild or replace?

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Nov 27 2011 :  07:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They wanted you to sign an agreement not to tell anybody? Mercury or Marinemax? This is the bigger story.

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Nov 27 2011 :  07:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this the same boat that you have been posting issues about since 2008? I thought you were letting it go back to the bank with a Rolex on board or some such. Or is this the meridian that was being used for charter. I can not really remember since the last round you deleted all of your posts.

John
1997 Trojan 440 Express

"Son, I've got a very low bull$*%t tolerance" -- Pancho Carter

Homeport: Patch of Dirt in Pasadena, MD Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Nov 27 2011 :  08:10:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jmeirhofer

Is this the same boat that you have been posting issues about since 2008? I thought you were letting it go back to the bank with a Rolex on board or some such. Or is this the meridian that was being used for charter. I can not really remember since the last round you deleted all of your posts.

His signature line says, "currently boatless"...

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Nov 27 2011 :  10:53:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, not sure why you are mentioning old posts and un true statements, but I will gladly answer your questions, first one is no, you are referring to when my boat was repo'ed a few years ago and my watch was on board, thankfully I did get it back (both). Second, yes we used to use the boat for local boat charters for sunset cruises. Third, yes I did delete many posts about my Meridian after being asked by Brunswick Boats to do so in order to get the boat repaired.

Yes, Brunswick and Meridian wanted me to sign a paper stating that I would not talk about this, tell anyone or mention it in any blog. Only then would they work on the boat, which was not covered under warranty. I received that after blogging about it here and on MYO. I did not sign the paper. I called them and said I would let the bank repo the boat with 2 seized engines and settle this in court, they repaired the boat anyway, and the bank took her back because I could not afford to make payments after losing my job and they took over 6 months to repair the boat.

The boat was in excellent shape when they took her, it was just bottom painted and waxed etc. I had it sold twice but the bank would not cooperate with us. Its in there hands now.

Walter, Mercury chose to put in brand new engines right out of the crate due to the amount of damage, the engines were seized solid and could not be re-built. They did do a great job at marine Max in Clearwater, you couldn't even tell they were taken out. After installation, Mercury and Meridian ran test after test and made some final adjustments including some sort of one way valve to keep water from backing up in through the exhaust. AS far as I know the boat is fine.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Homeport: Sarasota, Florida Go to Top of Page

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Nov 27 2011 :  12:57:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Pat. Just could not remember all the stories. Don't think I posted anything untrue though, in fact your follow up confirmed everything I asked you. I am curious as to how the bank was at fault in all this as they seem to be the one the paid the price, no pun intended. I do understand sometimes we get in a situation that causes these things but it sounds to me like you quit payments to get back at Brunswick subsequent to losing your job. Not quite sure which it is. Anyway, your saying Brunswick made you remove all the posts in order for them to repair your repossed boat and now that it is repaired you are under no obligation to them?

John
1997 Trojan 440 Express

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Nov 27 2011 :  16:41:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm confused. You get reversion on plane?

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

Capitalism is to this administration what Judaism was to the Third Reich.

-- Me

Homeport: Hopewell, VA Go to Top of Page

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Nov 27 2011 :  16:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't keep track of this I too read many if not most of the old threads and there was a bit of mud slinging if I recall. Now I'm not even sure if you got the boat back or not you make reference to getting both the watch and the boat back but then it sounds like you don't have it, which is it are you Boatless or not. If boatless what is the point to this thread? Just to settle a score? or are you just a nice guy trying to offer help to others who may own a 341 and having problems. Frankly it's hard to tell.

I wish you the best and hope you get back or your feet and get back to enjoying what sounds like a passion BOATING!

Dave

“Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time.” – T.S. Elliotcommon.
-----------------------------------------------------------

1996 440 Trojan Express

Homeport: Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  09:51:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK so lets clear the air here. First off, the boat was repoe'd way back in 2009 and we got her back, with watch intact. Case closed.

In May of 2011 is when we had the water intrusion problem and a seized engine. Yes Brunswick asked me nicely if I would take down posts about my never ending saga with my 341 and I did in order to make a good faith effort to try and get them to repair my boat, at this point I still owned the boat. And YES they did want me to sign papers that I would not speak about this to anyone, but I chose not to sign them. After taking down everything, Mercury and Brunswick were arguing who's fault it was and who was going to pay for the repair so no work was being done on the boat and the boat sat for months with no work being done. It was at that point where I stopped making payments because I could not longer afford to. After I called Brunswick and told them that I was letting the bank take back the boat, they decided they would repair the boat, which they did.

Now, the main reason why am blogging about this is 2 reasons, Reason 1, I dont want to see anyone else go through what we did and possibly lose there boat due to a manufacturer problem. Reason 2, Brunswick should step up to the plate and stop keeping these type of repairs secret from there loyal buyers, its not fair to the owners, and yes, I do have a small ax to grind with the way I was treated at Marine Max of Sarasota and Brunswick Boats.

There you have it, hope you are no longer confused on this issue.

Safe Boating.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  09:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, As far as the bank is concerned, the only thing I am ticked off about with them is that they took the boat before we got a chance to sell her, and we did have several buyers lined up, and one good offer came in but they ignored it. All I ever wanted to do from the get go was sell the boat and get rid of the loan in good faith. What you did not know was that we were fixing upo the boat right before this happened, I had the bottom painted and boat compounded and waxed. Thats when we had the prop tunnel work done and thats what led up to this engine seizure. We had every intention of selling her, as a matter of fact, we had someone coming to see the boat back in May when this happened. Maybe if the bank had chosen to work with us, we certainly would have sold the boat.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  10:29:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well here is your posts from June:

Originally posted by Ocean Spray

Well just found out that the bank is moving forward on a repo for my boat We did fall behind 2 months but I called the bank and tried to do weekly payments until we could catch up, but they said no. After 45 days they take action, 45 days was yesturday so we are stripping the boat as we speak. If anyone needs any parts from a 2007 341 please let me know, I will sell you anything you want really cheap to try and make some money back. I will be boatless soon, what a relief in so many ways!

Originally posted by Ocean Spray

Well today I out smarted the bank! I put the boat on the hard and had it hauled out so the repo man can not steal it! When the bank found that out they had a totally different attitude! Now they are extending my payment request till next week or until I get settled in my next job. I told them I want to sell the boat and that they would not get a chance to repo the boat until I exhaust all other options first. When the boat gets repaired and put back in the water I am taking it to a private yard to be hauled out and blocked until its sold so I do not have to worry about repo agents trying to snag the boat. I just love it when I get the upper hand for a change!

Sure sounded like you were planning on screwing the bank to me. I still am not convinced you had a manufacture problem. What they did to modify the prop hull? or what the flapper was sounds interesting but what exactly was it? And if they did that to your boat and where successfull why not a service bulletin? Your whole deal just leaves more questions everytime you try to answer one.

Yep still confused. But hey, you showed them stupid folks over at MarineMax, the Bank and Brunswick. Lost your down payment, screwed your credit, have nothing to show for the effort but you showed them.

John
1997 Trojan 440 Express

RWS

RO# 25075

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  20:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But WAIT!!!

There's MORE !!!!!

RWS

1983 Trojan International 10 Meter
Twin Yanmar 315 Turbodiesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

Homeport: FL Go to Top of Page

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  21:44:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RWS

But WAIT!!!

There's MORE !!!!!

RWS

OK I'll bite what is it? (does it slice dice and Julianne fries?)

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

Capt. Bill1

RO# 2017

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  21:57:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like they added simple inline wet exhaust check valves to me. Centex makes some as I recall.

Homeport: Sarasota/Ft. Lauderdale Go to Top of Page

alexander38

RO# 31123

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  04:27:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RWS.....please tell us ....I'm dieing over here....this whole story is better than Young and the Restless ......:0

Member VYC

Homeport: va. Go to Top of Page

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  07:41:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alexander38

RWS.....please tell us ....I'm dieing over here....this whole story is better than Young and the Restless ......:0

I think this is a situation where the RO thought he would use a pleasure boat as a charter operation and make money. It sounds like it didn't work out. Life can throw many curve balls at us all. I know I just barely escaped a direct hit. However I don't owe anyone a dime on the boat. When I saw the housing market tanking (early 2007) I paid off the loan on my boat. I guess I was more fortunate than the RO. I'm trying to figure out if this is a genuine effort to warn other people with gas powered 341's or an attempt at getting back at the "man"?
This reminds me of the OWS group's mindset "no personal responsability".
I hope I am wrong.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Homeport: Tuckerton, N.J. Go to Top of Page

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  07:47:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess the hurricane season wasn't that great after all...

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Homeport: Miami, FL Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  20:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow john you certainly have no life dont you? WTF is your problem with me? You keep guessing and doubting my sinserity on this subject, what am I making this stuff up you moron? Do me a favor, get your facts before you insert your foot in to your mouth, if you like, you can call MM of Clearwater and ask them if they fixed my boat and I had 2 seized motors if it makes you feel better. To suggest that I am telling a story, and you do not belive me really shows me what a real a$$hole you really are. As for the rest of the ney sayers. f off!

All I wanted to do is warn others of the potential problem, that is all. taking excerpts from prior posts to try a muddle the facts is sheer BS and makes you look even dumber. Let it go John, just let it go. this is exactly why I have stayed away from this blog, I find that some of you feel the need to play detective and needlesly break balls for no other reason then to make up for your own short comings. get a life.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Pa Mikee

RO# 32785

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  20:09:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ocean Spray:
I don't think calling someone a moron is appropiate on a forum. The readers will see it or they will turn a blind eye to it; no need to point it out and risk being banned.

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  20:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow OS, all I did was post what you have stated. Nothing more or less. No muddling of facts or making things up. You seem to do that well enough on your own. If you were sincere about just wanting to let others know of an issue, you could have done that without all the other BS in you initial post, let alone without a tracking me when i asked you a question. I honestly could not remember and thought hey were two different boats. Thanks for providing me te motivation to look it up and remind myself what kind of person you really are.

I have a life Pat. A really good one. Good luck with your job search. Maybe next year will be better for hurricanes and you can get another 30 footer charter boat.

John
1997 Trojan 440 Express

RWS

RO# 25075

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  21:10:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RWS

But WAIT!!!

There's MORE !!!!!

RWS

This was inevitable.

Folks, history DOES repeat itself.

I think we all knew this was going to happen.

While I am sorry about his problem, my sympathies go out the window based on the way this man conducts himself.

And to think, I once offered to have a beer with this gent. What was I thinking?

Here's the link, have fun with the "misty watercolor memories" . . . .

http://www.boated.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=145684

By the way, it's fascinating how the OP deleted his posts down to one or two words, except where he was quoted from the original.

RWS

Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner

Edited by - RWS on Nov 29 2011 21:13:32

alexander38

RO# 31123

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  03:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
winter fun.... :)

Member VYC

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  06:35:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OS, you have shown your true colors several times on this board. You do so once again...

How can you expect anyone to have any sympathy, empathy or respect for you after the things you have admitted that you have done or would do?

BTW, this is not a "blog".

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Woodsong

RO# 20095

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  07:34:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat,
I think what is rubbing people the wrong way is that your posts typically come across as having an entitlement mentality and a sense that you are ok with others having harm if you can profit from it (storm protection), and generally, a bit of an antagonistic attitude with no sense of personal responsibility. I think we all agree that we hate to hear you had problems with your meridian but the way you handled it on the forums has essentially shot you in the foot as far as getting a ton of sympathy from the forums. I truly hate to say that b/c I am sure in person you are a great person and would help anyone you could. I personally wish you nothing but the very best and hope it all works out for you.

~~Let's see...1987 Bayliner 4588 & 1995 Boston Whaler 17' Dauntless, and a few other water toys~~

Homeport: GA Go to Top of Page

RWS

RO# 25075

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  08:01:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE

Actually, this thread (below) is far more entertaining than anything else I have ever seen on this board (O.K. with one Block Island exception)

I actually laughed out loud yet again at some of the humor injected here.

We really do have a creative and well informed group here that can flush out the truth quickly and often in an amusing sort of way.

No need for us to restate what was already said here, simply click on the link below and see three pages of responses, some of which were deleted to one or two words by the OP, but the comments from the Forum are interesting, and many are actually hilarious.

Told ya there was MORE

RWS

http://www.boatered.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=147837

Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner

rommer

RO# 12280

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  08:03:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another OS rant, yawn....

The only thing he tries to protect is his own a$$. Been shown time and time again.

Boats, yup, 5 of em...
WLC - We love Champlin's!

Homeport: Liberty Landing Marina, NJ Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  08:46:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This should keep us entertained all winter!

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  21:12:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW that's all I can say!

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  22:30:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat bought a brand new Meridian, problems from day one, fought like hell to get things fixed, then they fix, toasts 2 motors, Meridian and the dealer gives him the f-u. Pat falls on hard times between this, boat gets repossessed.

Tough crowd here IMHO, forget about his ranting and BS in his posts (stressed and frustrated), he got so screwed with this boat.

Any compassion here to a guy that got totally f-uked????? Then fell on hard times!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boat was a problem from day 1
Many problems some were fixed with great pain to get the work done
major problems happen
Meridian jumps in after many months, supposedly fixes.
Motors are toast now due to the fix
Another pissing war goes on and more downtime, major downtime!!!
Takes the bank to get involved
Pat loses boat could have got out from the loan before that but the bank fs him.

So in summary, my take is this:

Pat bought a lemon
Meridian gave him the cold shoulder
Bank played tough guy when pat had buyers
Meridian, with pressure from the bank finally stepped up to the plate

When the day is done, Pat lost everything, all the money he put into the boat, major headaches while he owned the boat, loss of use while he owned the boat, loss of time and effort getting the boat fixed and his expense to own a boat he could not use.

Now boat less, credit hit, out many many thousands of bucks

"WOW that's all I can say!"

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  04:20:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Walter - i did not have a problem with him until he called me a liar, moron, stupid and ass. Sounds like a few others have had that experience with him as well. Looking back at his posts I am not so sure that many of his problems were not self inflicted. There are a few versions of some of them so i am not even sure he told the whole story on some. And now coincidently I have been getting a daily password reset email request from the meridian yacht owners club. I am not a member, go figure.

The time for any compassion has left the building.

John
1997 Trojan 440 Express

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  17:52:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
walter, from what i recall, the main problem was marginal performance from having the base engines...i recall him saying he didnt even do a sea trial! there were also a number of significant discrepancies in the various stories posted

sympathy ran out when he said he was hoping for a active hurricane season to boost his hurricane shutter business...

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Homeport: Miami, FL Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  17:57:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't forget the fact that he didn't even read the "extended warranty" before he bought it, then blamed everyone else but himself.

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  19:09:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by walterv

Now boat less, credit hit, out many many thousands of bucks

"WOW that's all I can say!"

Walter I agree this is what the WOW was about tough crowd! But I don't think he is boatless he clearly said he got the boat back with the watch intact.

As for the harsh responses if you followed his threads it is hard not to see he went out of his way to screw the bank and leave us all to make good on his loan. To make matters worse he then offered to strip the boat and sell any parts before it was repo'ed this is not cool in my book.

I understand falling on hard times **** happens the right thing to do is take it like a man and try to do the right thing not the screw the world attitude that he displayed. It is not the banks fault he bought a Lemon (and I'm not convinced of this at the moment).

His ranting and cursing out anyone and everyone for posting his own threads is over the top. No one is putting words in if mouth here these were his words from his posts. I feel like in some sick way he is enjoying the attention maybe this is Bob again?

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

Edited by - Audrey II on Dec 01 2011 19:13:23

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  20:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just saying guys.

He got a raw deal all the way around, agree he may not be the sharpest knife in the draw, but I give him a mulligan on his posts because of the frustration level he experienced.

IMHO, no need to kick a guy that's down and out.

George Carlin

rommer

RO# 12280

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  21:05:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I give him a mulligan on his posts

A mulligan? He's had dozens!

Boats, yup, 5 of em...
WLC - We love Champlin's!

Homeport: Liberty Landing Marina, NJ Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  05:48:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rommer

quote:

I give him a mulligan on his posts

A mulligan? He's had dozens!

+1

[black]And let's not forget about all the contradictions and changes in his story over time... black]

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Edited by - HOGAN on Dec 02 2011 05:52:24

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  08:30:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The personal attacks on John's posts are what gets me PO'ed. John was just showing the numerous contradictions & possible embellishments in OS's posts since this soap opera started in 2009. I know what it's like to be down even out. My life past and prsent hasn's always been a bowel full of cherry's but I don't blame others I blame myself. It's called personal responsabilty for one's actions or inactions. Sure circumstances out of people's control happen it's how you deal with them.
Stop blaming everyone but yourself and your conduct OS.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

Edited by - Billylll on Dec 03 2011 08:35:53

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  10:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Walter, thank you for being the only one here who may truly understand me and my frustration with Meridian and MM. YES you are correct, I bought a LEMON, I have had problems from day one with Meridian and Marine Max. I guess I am always frustrated at how they dont do the right thing for there customers like they should. Some of you may feel this is some sort of entitlement issue, its not, I dont feel the world owes me a living, I am a simple person, brought up the old school way, if you sell something, then you should stand behind your product, no matter what, its a practice I did in my business for 13 years and was very successful at it.

For those of you who have no sympathy for me and my problems, well, thats ok too. I may come across the wrong way to some of you, and I will be the first to admit that I only have an 8th grade education due to unfortunate circumstances in my life back then, I make no apologies for that, I am who I am, and I think I turned out pretty good considering my back round and lack of education. I regret not finishing High School and going on to college now, but its too late for me, and we all have to live with the cards we are dealt. maybe in my next life I can learn how to write a story without insulting have the audience at the same time. For those that I have rubbed the wrong way, I do sincerely apologies for my errors. I am not a bad guy, I am honest and loyal to those whom know me, my family comes first and foremost and thats all that matters, I have a good life and a great family that loves me for who I am. So I am boatless for now, I have learned a valuable lesson from all of this, and I am sure one day I will own a boat again.

BTW, some of the older posts that have been deleted to one word or another was done by me and no one else. I did that at the request of Brunswick. They asked if I would do that and in return they would fix my boat, which ultimately they chose not to do until the bank got involved, they were too busy arguing with Mercury as to who's fault it was.

For those of you that read my posts and spoke with me (without all the drama) thank you. For those of you that I have entertained over the past few years, your welcome, I am glad that you found amusement at my expense. I have enjoyed this forum and have always found some of the criticism funny, angry, without merit, down right nasty, but hey, everyone is entitled to there opinion, and there sure are many opinions on here!

Let the comments continue, good and bad, I read them all and at best get a good laugh myself.

Safe boating!

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  11:05:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh btw, just one more thing, it was never my intent to give up my boat to the bank and try to screw the bank as others think, I was merely frustrated at them. When I knew the bank was taking the boat, I actually drove the 60 miles to the boat to put back onboard the carpeting I had in the garage, the extra keys and so on. I did the right thing in my eyes, I returned everything to the boat, cleaned her out and cleaned her up on the inside as well aa outside, she was in mint condition when returned and everything in its place. Its true I did have offers on her but the bank chose to sell her there way at a private sale.

Its not easy losing 150 k on a boat as I did, but I guess there was a lesson I needed to learn, and boy have I learned one. I am very humbled at going form boat owner to boatless, after losing everything I had in my life I have a whole new outlook on life in general, maybe thats what I needed to learn, forget the material things in life as long as you have your health, your family and people that care about you, life is good!

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  12:38:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat I think you will find there are many on this board who have come from rags to riches and back but have risen again. I probably don't have to tell you don't give up, the sun comes up everyday, well when the weather is good you get to see it. Much like life, I think you rubbed many of us the wrong way, let me correct this you rubbed me wrong with embelishing the story and you brought the drama to the thread. It appears you are looking for some of us to understand? I get it been there done that. Actions generally speak louder than words this is a tough crowd.
As far as education it doesn't mean jack squat if a pereson can not apply it to the real world. I work and challenge engineers all day yet I have no formal engineering degree nor do I pretend too. I hope life throws you another chance and remember you are never too old to start over. Repairing one's credit takes time the same goes for a damaged reputation.
I hope everything works out for you but I find it is hard for me to give you a pass based on what you have written.
Walter V is really a great guy if you know him personally perhaps you are as well? I know Walter and I can't say other than his hardtop installation issues ever seeing him post in the manner you did about Brunswick and MM.
Best of luck sounds like you need to make some luck of your own. I have found timing is actually more important than luck. I do wish you the best sounds like boating will have to take a backseat with everything else going on in your life.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

alexander38

RO# 31123

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  13:35:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well said by both of you guys, now lets put this to bed...on to the BOATS... :)

Member VYC

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  14:02:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Bill. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else. Im just a guy, without a boat, and yes, I do look forward to the next boat. I do understand that I may have alienated some on here,usually out of sheer frustration on my part and little patience and for that I will apologies. Well, now that I have nothing to complain about (Meridian and MM) maybe I can contribute more constructive things than complaining! On a personal note, I do not know Walter outside of this forum, I think he gets me and thats all and for that I am thankful.

Riches to rags is true and I am working on it again, and I know it will come back sooner or later, I am a hard worker and I know I will get there again! Thanks for the encouraging words. Capt. Pat

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Skeetobite

RO# 23118

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  14:51:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I was wondering where your boat went. Walked by it once or twice a week for months... then "poof". We have since moved to Longboat Key Moorings. Maybe we'll see you on the water again some day.

America... A hole in the map I throw money into.

Homeport: Palmetto, FL Go to Top of Page

RWS

RO# 25075

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  15:03:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Pat,

Sorry about your situation and glad to see your change of heart post.

Welcome back to the best forum on the web!

I have plenty of cold beer here.

If you're ever in the neighborhood, just PM me and I'll show you what can be done with a 29 year old boat in stages and for far less money and little or no depreciation.

Merry Christmas!

RWS

Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner

Edited by - RWS on Dec 04 2011 15:04:14

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  15:19:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat I'm sure you are a nice guy that is just misunderstood it's easy to get caught up in the moment when life has dealt you a bad hand! This said as Bill pointed out it is never to late, I have friends that have gone back to school in there thirties and become doctors I'm not suggesting this is for you but sometimes we must roll with the punches and make the best with what we've got.

Not to beat a dead horse and I'm not trying to instigate anything with this question but I'm not sure I follow what happened to the boat.
"OK so lets clear the air here. First off, the boat was repoe'd way back in 2009 and we got her back, with watch intact. Case closed."
What happen to it once you got it back? I guess I missed this somewhere in the thread.

Dave

1996 440 Trojan Express

Edited by - Audrey II on Dec 04 2011 21:13:29

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  16:40:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat,
Yes I understood unless someone has been on the roller coaster ride you have been on in the last few years they won't really get your state of mind and therefore you rants.

Good luck on getting things back in order in your life.

IMHO, your last posts have shown the person you are, it takes a big man to apologize,lots would just hide and let the thread die.

Walter

George Carlin

Billylll

RO# 24494

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  20:37:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a very close call finanacially in my life and Walter you have no idea the impact your voicemail had on me. Thanks for helping me get back on the tracks and put things in perspective.
I owe you big time and your timing was unbelievable.
Bill

Bill Lentz
Little Egg, N.J.

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  08:39:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Billy,

Being able to help is truly rewarding, I know you get that. Nothing in this world puts a bigger smile on my face than when I see random acts of kindness and people going out of there way to help people. Three or four years ago when we met, you and Dominic were so good to Dave, I will never forget that.

Walter

George Carlin

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  09:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I value the help I received when I had boat issues.
I also aired my dirty laundry here on boatered and got mixed reviews.
In the end, I was justified.
For those that helped me Walter, Billy, Dominic and my attorney Rich(also a boatered RO) I am very grateful.

As for OS and his issues. I sympathize somewhat as his stories did have mixed messages. But either way, I have been there and when it is you against big business, it is not fun. Attorneys cost money and there is always the unknown as to how deep you go to be justified and get your due. This in turn leads to you making rash decisions and comments. I have been in this position twice in my life, once during my divorce and the second time with my boat issues. Lawyer's suck (no offense Mike) as do big business and insurance companies. So I guess what I am saying is if OS made comments based on stress, then yeah, I understand. If that is his nature, then I don't.

Either way, until you are on the losing end of a legal battle and know your right and want to be justified, you have no idea of the stress, sleepless nights, mind games, depression, etc that comes from it.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  15:41:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CurrentSea

Lawyer's suck (no offense Mike) as do big business and insurance companies.

No offense taken, but I think Rich might be a bit upset...

Everyone bad-mouths lawyers, but as soon as they have a problem, they go running to one.

Capt Pat, glad you calmed down and posted your explanation. Hope all works out for you in the future.

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Capt Pat Topic Next Topic: Problems with A/C on a new Meridian 341, Anyone ?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.66 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com