BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: Farm ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Bayliner, Maxum, Meridian Owners
 Meridian 341 problem you need to know about!
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Capt Pat Topic Next Topic: Problems with A/C on a new Meridian 341, Anyone ?
Page: of 2

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  16:03:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I doubt Dave was referring to Rich, my understanding is he did a great job. I think Rich's name here is 4Roys??
I have dealt with Rich, sold his firm a phone system, IMHO, real nice guy!!!

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  16:54:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you guys, I appretiate the kinder words!! I now have less stress on me to keep the boat and pay the bills associated with it. Someone asked me what happened when I got the boat back in 2009, we kept the boat for another 2 years until I lost everything, business that went bad, sold my home, all assets had been sold to try and keep the one thing I wanted the most, my boat.

Unfortunetaly things got worse for me, so my wife and I decided to sell the boat, we had some money left so we had the bottom painted and at that time Meridian did the prop tunnel modifications. After the boat went back in the water we listed her for sale. 2 weeks later we had a seized engine, although we did not know it at that point, we had also lined up a buyer that was coming to look at the boat while it was hauled out at MM. Thats when we found out it was a seized engine. Long story short, 6 long months later, the bank reposesed the boat. When the repairs were almost done we listed the boat again with another broker and someone had made a good offer on the boat, but it was too late, the bank refused to work with me and the broker for reasons unknown to me.

At this point I have no idea where the boat is, we did recieve a letter from the bank stating that they would be selling the boat at a private sale and they would be in touch.

Again, thank you for those who commented nice things to me, I do appretiate it. AS far as appologiesing, I am a man of my word, I was raised old school with good values (contrary to belief) and I believe in doing the right thing, always. I tried my best to contain my anger with my posts but unfortunetaly I am a very emotional type of person, so I usually let loose, and pay for it later. maybe one day I will learn from all of this that you need to watch what you say, especially on a public forum!

For those of you that have scolded me, advised me, called me an a$$hole, I respect your right to free speech, and believe me when I tell you, I have finally learned my lesson! For that I would say THANK YOU. For anyone else who still may be offended at some of my posts , now or in the past, well again, I am SORRY!

I really do enjoy reading and commenting on B&E, so I will continue too. I am hopeing to buy another boat in a few years when the dust settles, so hopefully I will have more stories and projects to come!

Thanks again.
Captain Pat

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Homeport: Sarasota, Florida Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  16:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's my point exactly Walter. Everyone bad-mouths lawyers until they need one. Lawyers would not have any business unless people came to them seeking representation.

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  17:08:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat, I appreciate and accept your sincere apology. I hope the worst is behind you and com seas in front of you.

John
No more boats but I have a really cool car and a really fast bike. :)

"Son, I've got a very low bull$*%t tolerance" -- Pancho Carter

Homeport: Nimbus Flats Go to Top of Page

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  17:23:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,
My issue with lawyers is they usually show no mercy to clients who can't pat. Most attorneys want full fee up front. Rich is one of the few good ones. He agreed to a reduced fee and offered not to take it until we won. He also reduced it to keep me in the game. Usually your legal fees eat up your gain before you even win. Not saying attorneys should work for free but they need a better incentive to win. They should lower their rates until they win. If you feel you will then what's the harm to them. Why don't they? Because they want to be paid win or lose.

Now divorce attorneys are a different breed. They look at your full financial picture then milk you knowing what you can pay. It's a lose lose deal. Best thing is to settle up front and let lawyer just draft it.

Again no offense to Rich. It was the corporate lawyer in my case and OS that stink.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page

jmeirhofer

RO# 30972

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  18:00:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat, I appreciate and accept your sincere apology. I hope the worst is behind you and com seas in front of you.

John
No more boats but I have a really cool car and a really fast bike. :)

"Son, I've got a very low bull$*%t tolerance" -- Pancho Carter

Homeport: Nimbus Flats Go to Top of Page

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  20:15:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat after reading your last post I think I got the whole picture and I too feel for you and wish you a speedy rebound. Life can be a roller coaster both long and short term. I have days I wake up on top of the world and by the time I return from work I feel like the world is coming to an end. Try to focus on the good things in your life like family and friends and everything else will fall in place. It is much easier to succeed when you are happen.

Dave

“Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time.” – T.S. Elliotcommon.
-----------------------------------------------------------

1996 440 Trojan Express

Homeport: Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Pa Mikee

RO# 32785

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  22:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HOGAN

That's my point exactly Walter. Everyone bad-mouths lawyers until they need one. Lawyers would not have any business unless people came to them seeking representation.

When legal representation is needed, who else does the average joe turn to? Most people have no choice but to get an attorney.If someone has a plumbing issue, they seek a plumber. The issue I see with attorneys is what their motive is; is it about a quick $1k for an hour or two of work or about actually defending the client. I've had good and mostly not so good.

Homeport: Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Capt Pat Topic Next Topic: Problems with A/C on a new Meridian 341, Anyone ?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.45 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com