BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 70 ]  [ Total: 70 ]  [ Newest Member: cepaul ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Diving Discussions
 Need local info diving Grand Cayman
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Some Video I Took Yesterday Topic Next Topic: Anyone dive Blue Heron Bridge in Riviera?  

Chevy427z

RO# 11911

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  18:18:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all.

As usual, it's been a while since I've been in here. Hope everyone is well.

I have booked a Western Carib cruise for Jan 21 of next year and Grand Cayman is a stopping point.

I've heard wonderful things about the wreck of the Kittiwake, as well as some good diving from shore.

What I am wondering is if anyone can recommend an operator there (near the cruise ship piers) that they have used and were happy with: 1) for a 2 tank dive on the Kittiwake and 2) for some good shore diving (reefs, caverns, overhangs, etc).

I have been in contact with Eden Rock Dive and if they run their operation like they answer emails they won't be getting my business.

Is there access to Eden Rock and Devil's grotto from other locations other than Eden Rock Dive?

Many thanks and Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah and happy new year everyone!

Mark
1989 23' Arrowglass Merc 350/260 Alpha 1 I/O "Valkyrie"
"Don't try to outweird me, three eyes. I get stranger things than you in my breakfast cereal."

Edited by - Chevy427z on Dec 23 2011 18:45:29

Homeport: Oak Island, NC

pstew96

RO# 12527

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  06:36:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Devil's grotto is awsome, shallow, can probably do it from the beach, but the really great dives are the walls which you may not get time enough to do. I was also on a cruise and because of time restraints we only did two shallow dives which were'nt so great. If your going to be there for more than 6 hours I would hookup with a dive shop for the wall dives, look some up in a dive magazine.. Good luck!

Homeport: Babylon,NY Go to Top of Page

Chevy427z

RO# 11911

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  09:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for your input pstew! I have written Scott at Eden Rock twice now, with questions, each time he's only answered one question both times and very vague answers at that. I agree with your time constraints. I was surprised to learn that the ship doesn't get in until 10am (half the day is shot IMHO) We have chosen to go with a ship sponsored 2 tank dive, one to the wall and the 2nd being capt's choice (hoping we can convince him that we need to see the Kittiwake lol) figuring if we get back late, it's their responisibilty to get us back on the boat? :-)

I have just (finally) retired my film type camera; Hanimex Amphibian and replaced it with a Sea Life DC800 and can not wait to see how it does.

Thanks again and happy new year to you!

Mark

1989 23' Arrowglass Merc 350/260 Alpha 1 I/O "Valkyrie"
"Don't try to outweird me, three eyes. I get stranger things than you in my breakfast cereal."

Homeport: Oak Island, NC Go to Top of Page

pstew96

RO# 12527

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  13:52:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great that you can get to a wall on that dive! Have a great time!

Homeport: Babylon,NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Some Video I Took Yesterday Topic Next Topic: Anyone dive Blue Heron Bridge in Riviera?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.39 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com