BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 82 ]  [ Total: 87 ]  [ Newest Member: Heckjo ]
 All Forums
 Cruising Guides
 Inside Passage
 2012 trip to the Broughton Islands
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Vancouver to Princess Louisa advice Topic Next Topic: Finally, going north in June.  

Wingspar

RO# 1979

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  10:47:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neptune always seems to be curse me with some calamity before I can go. This year I've appeased him by sacrificing a bottle of beer. Hope it works.

I'm planning on taking three weeks and was wondering which month would be better to go in. Either starting the second week in July or the second week in August?

dave

Homeport: Semiahmoo, WA

Jgsons2

RO# 32496

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  13:14:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wingspar If you want people go the week of July if not go the week of August(Most schools have started by then) All so what type of fishing do you want to do?
It has been many years since I have been there my self. Try Old Salt he can probably tell you more about it.
If you would take lots of pictures for us and post them.
Have a fun and safe trip.

May your keel stay wet and your seat stay dry

Homeport: Leavenworth,WA Go to Top of Page

Wingspar

RO# 1979

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  15:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I won't be fishing. Just cruising. I'm mainly interested in the best weather/light winds, etc.

Dave N

Homeport: Semiahmoo, WA Go to Top of Page

BillV

RO# 17370

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  19:15:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a lot of difference between August or July for cruising. Both months are usually good weather, schools start back up the latter half of August in various places. I would expect July to be somewhat busier but my experience cruising has been in SOG and on west side to Ucluelet. In those areas I find very little difference in the number of boaters out and about.

1978 Glasply 28' mid-cabin, repowered, remodeled, rewired, rebuilt, replaced, repaired, oh well you get the picture! It's my full time job now that I'm retired.

Homeport: Lynden, WA Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Vancouver to Princess Louisa advice Topic Next Topic: Finally, going north in June.  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com