BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 8 | Guests: 120 ]  [ Total: 128 ]  [ Newest Member: Voyager56 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Formula Owners
 Formula 34 PC
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: PC26 Topic Next Topic: 41 PC owners  

32carv

RO# 24150

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  20:24:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking at a 1995 Formula 34 PC. Is anyone familiar with the pros and cons of this model? Is there anything in particular that I should be concerned about? Boat is fairly clean and in Brackish water with about 750 hours on it.
Thanks,
Jim

Homeport: Sacandaga Lake

TIMEOUT90

RO# 19919

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  22:16:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never had a 34PC, but I've owned a 26pc, 31PC (1995) and a 41PC and looked hard at the 34 and have friends that owned them. I believe most if not all came with 454's, commonly mated to Merc Bravo III drives but some had v-drives. With the BIII drives it is a fast boat, cruising in the mid 30's and topping out close to 50! The hulls are solid and the gel coat is great and I don't know of any that have blisters. The 34PC's great boats but my only issues are that I don't care for the forward facing port-side seat instead of a side facing lounge as well as an awkward placed icemaker by that seat. This is my personal preference and may be fine for you.

The only real mechanical issue I had with my '95 with 454's was that when the motors were cold I had to crank them for what I considered to be an excessive amount of time before they'd fire. When warm they popped right off. They were carburated and I had them rebuilt by a reputable shop but still had the issue, like the bowls drained down or something like that. Never figured it out, and I've heard of others with the same issue.

I have always bees pleased with the quality of materials, hardware, construction, etc with all my Formulas. Hope this helps, good luck in making your decision!

-Dana

Formula 41PC

Homeport: Hudson, WI Go to Top of Page

BoatCrazy

RO# 30843

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  00:32:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Formula makes a beautiful boat.

When I was looking for a boat, it was between the Forumula 34 PC, or the 310 Sundancer. Ended up with the sundancer, because of the wider beam.

Great solid boats though.

1988 StarCraft Bluewater 240 250hp Yamaha OX66

Homeport: Freeport NY Go to Top of Page

GSENT

RO# 12438

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  13:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a 94 34pc, and absolutely loved the boat. Had some Mercruiser corrosion issues with the Bravo III's, but the boat is as solid as it gets. Extremely nice ride, and handles like a dream.

GARY STALEY

Homeport: PGH, PA Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: PC26 Topic Next Topic: 41 PC owners  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.31 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com