BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 133 ]  [ Total: 133 ]  [ Newest Member: Robert Lamkin ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 South Florida Boating Club
 Hurricane Haulout
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: memorial day weekend Topic Next Topic: Lightweight hardtop  

buzzk

RO# 20162

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  18:17:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking about leaving my Bertram 33 in Stuart. Does anyone know of a reliable captain or yard that would move my boat from a condo to a yard to be hauled in case of a hurricane? Or would I need to drive down from N.C. and move the boat? If so what's the usual cost? Right now this isn't a problem because I keep the boat behind my house on a protected deep water creek in NC. Thanks Buzz

Homeport:

sabrejocky

RO# 12195

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  09:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem with that is that in case of a hurricane all captains and yards are very busy and you probably could not get it done. An other option is to just haul the boat for the season what is what a lot of owners do if they are up north for the summer.

Cor

"Pretty Penny"
1990 50' High Tech Euro
Wellington, Florida
You ain't much if you ain't Dutch

Homeport: Miami, Florida Go to Top of Page

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  10:30:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cant help in Florida, but am curious about the creek your on in NC. What area are you in?

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret
My oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..., did not end when I retired. I stand by it till the end.

Homeport: Elizabeth City, NC Go to Top of Page

buzzk

RO# 20162

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  12:49:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in Morehead City on Peliter Creek. I've had the water up to my waist on my dock. We just double the lines and remove the canvas and have never had any damage.

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

buzzk

RO# 20162

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  08:48:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I hauled my boat for the summer where would be a good safe place to have the boat hauled and stored in the Stuart area? What's the going rate for something like this? thanks

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  09:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stuart isn't far from the indiantown yard the OWW. Well inland and from what I ve heard they re reasonable

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Homeport: Miami, FL Go to Top of Page

sortie

RO# 2043

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  20:53:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stuart isn't far from the indiantown yard the OWW. Well inland and from what I ve heard they re re

+1

Life is To Short To Own An Ugly Boat

Homeport: Merritt Island, FL Go to Top of Page

buzzk

RO# 20162

Posted - May 02 2012 :  14:27:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys.

captchas

RO# 82

Posted - May 07 2012 :  14:27:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is worth a visit to that yard, just to see SO MANY boats as far as the eye can see..
Many boats were stored by "Canucks"Also by some boaters who fell on hard times and those who like to work on their own boats.. I've seen large plants growing through a couple of boats!
Last time I was there was 5 years ago, it was then run by good people, mechanics etc..

Calm Seas and Fair Winds
M/V Freedoms Choice

Homeport: Boynton Beach,Florida Go to Top of Page

sortie

RO# 2043

Posted - May 08 2012 :  21:05:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is worth a visit to that yard, just to see SO MANY boats as far as the eye can see..
+1. Last time I was there,was 8 years ago this past april. Impressive sight at that time. As Capchas states,different ownership at that time. Very helpfull owners when we were forced to stop.

John

Life is To Short To Own An Ugly Boat

Homeport: Merritt Island, FL Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: memorial day weekend Topic Next Topic: Lightweight hardtop  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.38 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com