boat-ed.com
BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 23 | Guests: 123 ]  [ Total: 146 ]  [ Newest Member: drwikboz ]
 All Forums
 Buy and Sell - Free
 Classifieds - NO commercial listings please
 Dock Box -WANTED
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wanted - Marine air conditioner 10K to 16K w/ht Topic Next Topic: Seaward Princess Cook Top  

Joeshoes

RO# 1967

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  08:37:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need a dock box and it cannot be longer than 4 feet.

Anyone want to get rid of one?

"What Difference Does It Make?"

And "she" wants to be our next president?!??

Homeport: Manhasset, NY

littlebookworm

RO# 27413

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  15:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can pick up a small dock box at Target, Walmart, or even Home Depot or Lowes. I have a 3' plastic one I bought at Lowes last year. I use it to store extra life jackets and cleaning supplies; inexpensive and works well. It's not the most secure, but I don't keep anything valuable in it. Suggestion: Drill some bottom holes and lag bolt it to the dock. Otherwise, the wind or whomever could take it. Hy

Homeport: Eastport, NY Go to Top of Page

Cam

RO# 1558

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  17:42:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
+1

" If you think nobody cares, try missing a few payments " (author unknown)

Homeport: Bentley Yacht Club- Staten Island, NY Go to Top of Page

ronp

RO# 23477

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  20:22:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, I did the same. I have a Rubbermaid box that I think is made for garbage cans. It's about 4 feet long. It's tan and green so it blends nicely with the pine tree that hangs over it. I used some stainless decking screws with washers through holes I drilled to fix it to the dock. Irene didn't budge it. It can be locked sort of via a couple of rings on the doors and lid but I just put a spring clip on it so it doesn't pop open in the wind.

Thanks,
Ron

Homeport: Amityville, NY Go to Top of Page

Joeshoes

RO# 1967

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  22:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ronp

Yup, I did the same. I have a Rubbermaid box that I think is made for garbage cans. It's about 4 feet long. It's tan and green so it blends nicely with the pine tree that hangs over it. I used some stainless decking screws with washers through holes I drilled to fix it to the dock. Irene didn't budge it. It can be locked sort of via a couple of rings on the doors and lid but I just put a spring clip on it so it doesn't pop open in the wind.

Ron

Where did you get your rubbermaid?

Joe

Homeport: Manhasset, NY Go to Top of Page

mdzaltzman

RO# 26635

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  23:51:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey,

I have a really nice small white fiberglass dock box. Clean. In good condition. I paid $400 at west marine. I'm going to the marina this Sunday I'll photograph it and shoot you the pictures. See if it's what you're looking for. Very sturdy, won't blow away or fall apart. It's in East Patchogue. $225

Mark

Homeport: East Patchogue, NY Go to Top of Page

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  17:56:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a bunch of them just sitting around at my marina, real close to the end of the dock, want me to sell you one :)

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

rduhon

RO# 29321

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  18:26:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
West Marine has some nice looking ones on sale right now.
Only issue is when I asked the manager if it was o.k. to sit on one, he said no.

It looked good and had a good price, but it was too thin.

Homeport: Lake Charles, La Go to Top of Page

rduhon

RO# 29321

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  18:27:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=708030&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=50304&subdeptNum=50343&classNum=50345

Homeport: Lake Charles, La Go to Top of Page

ronp

RO# 23477

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  20:52:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoeShoes

quote:
Originally posted by ronp

Ron

Where did you get your rubbermaid?

Joe

Joe, I don't know actually - my wife bought it a few years ago for me. I would assume she got it at Ace or Walmart, think I've seen them at both, but have never paid much attention since I already had one.

Thanks,
Ron

Homeport: Amityville, NY Go to Top of Page

king5899

RO# 19628

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  14:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ones from Walmart are pretty cheaply made. I purchased one a while back and the top snapped the hinges off.

2003 Cruisers Yachts 3372
"Party of Five"

Homeport: Stony Point Bay Marina, NY - FKA "D" Dock Go to Top of Page

mdzaltzman

RO# 26635

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  22:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

See if this is what you are looking for

Mark

Joeshoes

RO# 1967

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  14:34:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark

Can you tell me the rough dimensions of it specifically the width? What are you asking for it?

Joe

MikeeH

RO# 6342

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  15:38:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have one of the green and beige Rubbermaid boxes that are made for outdoor storage. It was on the dech at the house for years and is now on the back porch of the apartment. The only deterioration noted is some fading of the green top. Soon it will be moved to the dock extension I'm working on, screwed-down as others have described.

Mike

I recently realized that at this stage of my life I'm now wise enough to know better, but old enough not to give a damn.

Homeport: Still Pond, MD Go to Top of Page

mdzaltzman

RO# 26635

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  22:50:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Joe,

I just checked west marine. It's the "medium low profile dock box" They measure it out at 18hx48wx20d. That skid in the picture behind it is 40w, for perspective. I will be back at the marina this weekend. If you don't mind waiting till then, I will measure it to be sure for you. Don't want to waste your time.
I'm asking $225 for it.
631-317-7397
Thanks,
Mark

Joeshoes

RO# 1967

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  09:42:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mdzaltzman

Hey Joe,

I just checked west marine. It's the "medium low profile dock box" They measure it out at 18hx48wx20d. That skid in the picture behind it is 40w, for perspective. I will be back at the marina this weekend. If you don't mind waiting till then, I will measure it to be sure for you. Don't want to waste your time.
I'm asking $225 for it.
631-317-7397
Thanks,
Mark

Mark

I found one locally. But Thank you for the effort.

Joe

Previous Topic: Wanted - Marine air conditioner 10K to 16K w/ht Topic Next Topic: Seaward Princess Cook Top  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.7 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Shop BoatStore.net!     Shop for Toys & Games!    Shop for Housewares!

Boatered.com