BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 104 ]  [ Total: 104 ]  [ Newest Member: Farm ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Regal Owners
 Need to replace KDC 225MR radio/CD Player
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Regal 3780/3880/4080 Flybridge Enclosure. Topic Next Topic: Anyone out there with a 2760?  

sw2765

RO# 27313

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  05:42:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Kenwood KDC 225MR radio head has quit working. My boat has the transom and steering wheel controls and I would like to purchase a replacement radio that will plug into the existing radio wiring harness and still maintain use of the remote features. Does anyone know of a unit that will work. Thanks.
Steve
"Ain't Life Grand"
2006 2765 Regal
Newnan GA

Homeport: West Point GA

CaptPearl

RO# 27720

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  10:42:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try considering the Kenwood KMR-700U, it is the same Din as your current radio. I was thinking of upgrading to this system for my boat. According to Kenwood it uses the same harness but you will have to upgrade the remote that works with this unit (about $100 per remote), which is a good thing as it has an LCD display. You can also add up to a total of three remotes. You can replace the steering wheel buttons (which I don't care for) with this remote at the helm. This unit also has a built in IPOD compartment. Good luck

Eric
2007 Regal 3360 Windows Express
Long Island, NY

Homeport: NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Regal 3780/3880/4080 Flybridge Enclosure. Topic Next Topic: Anyone out there with a 2760?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com