BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 129 ]  [ Total: 133 ]  [ Newest Member: F Niederhausen ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 South Florida Boating Club
 Power boat charter
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: bunch of slackers Topic Next Topic: memorial day weekend  

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - May 15 2012 :  13:07:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I are considering chartering a boat to go to the Bahamas next summer. Can anyone give us some links to a good company? Looking for a comfortable boat not necessarily a fast one. gonna take a bunch of the kids with us...

Thanks

Shadow
Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret
My oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..., did not end when I retired. I stand by it till the end.

Homeport: Elizabeth City, NC

Maxwell

RO# 31042

Posted - May 15 2012 :  14:48:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you looking for crewed or bare boat?

Homeport: Milwaukee, WI Go to Top of Page

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - May 15 2012 :  16:40:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bareboat

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret
My oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..., did not end when I retired. I stand by it till the end.

Homeport: Elizabeth City, NC Go to Top of Page

Capt. Bill1

RO# 2017

Posted - May 15 2012 :  18:42:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure if that is even possible. You would be better off flying over and chartering out of say the Abacos. Cheaper in the long run perhaps and you'd get to spend more time where you really want to be.

Not to mention getting stuck waiting for a window to cross over.

Homeport: Sarasota/Ft. Lauderdale Go to Top of Page

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - May 15 2012 :  19:23:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not many bareboat power charters in SoFl that you can take to the Bahamas and as Bill said you re better off chartering over there

A dock neighbor used to bareboat his 40ish power cat but stopped after 2 bad experiences.

It's 45nm from here to bimini (nice but a little limited if you re going to spend a week). Next stop are the Berrys but by the time you are done it s a 250nm loop.

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Homeport: Miami, FL Go to Top of Page

missnmountains

RO# 22737

Posted - May 15 2012 :  19:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are the ferry's running yet to Bimini and Port Lucaya? I believe the Bimini entrance dredging has been completed. If they are, do that and stay in one of the villas. If you stay up at Bimini Bay, you WILL need a golf cart.

Ken

2008 58 Sedan Bridge

Homeport: Cape Coral, FL Go to Top of Page

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - May 16 2012 :  10:43:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My first problem is that I dont fly so the option of renting once there is out of the question. I see a lot of charters for sailboats, but I've never sailed...
THere were a couple I used to deal with but they are on the west Florida coast...

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - May 16 2012 :  12:01:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the link to my neighbor s site. He no longer charters bareboat but his rates are pretty good and may still consider BB with the right experience. The boat is very economical too

http://www.powercatcruising.com/

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Edited by - PascalG on May 16 2012 12:02:29

Homeport: Miami, FL Go to Top of Page

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - May 18 2012 :  10:40:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THanks Pascal. I'll save that info.
It looks like the only other way nowadays is to rent a salboat and dont fly the laundry...

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret

Capt. Bill1

RO# 2017

Posted - May 18 2012 :  14:45:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowcruzr

My first problem is that I dont fly so the option of renting once there is out of the question. I see a lot of charters for sailboats, but I've never sailed...
THere were a couple I used to deal with but they are on the west Florida coast...

Well, if you don't fly your options are limited. If you start in South Florida you can waste a lot it time waiting to cross and vise versa. I suggest either getting a prescription for Valium or perhaps chartering in the Keys.

Capt. Bill1

RO# 2017

Posted - May 19 2012 :  11:24:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.floridayacht.com/charters/fleet.php?loc_id=2

Previous Topic: bunch of slackers Topic Next Topic: memorial day weekend  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.41 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice