BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 135 ]  [ Total: 140 ]  [ Newest Member: Farm ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Silverton Owners
 410 Sport Bridge with Diesel Engines Info Needed
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Boat Search 40 ft 1985 Aft Topic Next Topic: Silverton Going Belly UP  

destination unknown

RO# 12619

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  17:09:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was looking for anyone on the forum that might own a 410 Sport Bridge and has Diesel engines. Would like to know the fuel burn rate and cruise speed.

Also any likes or dislikes

How is it in chop and rough seas.

Thanks

Homeport: Anchorage Yacht Club Lindenhurst, NY

Dusty Rhoads

RO# 10868

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  21:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Need to know 'WHAT' diesels it has. Manuf. and size. How do you want to travel ?On plane--or hull speed. How many folks are along for the ride ?

Dusty "Moon River"

Homeport: Annapolis, MD Go to Top of Page

Dusty Rhoads

RO# 10868

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  09:06:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw your post about engines, so I understand more now. With our Cummins,,and a heavier boat, I can cruise at 20kts, and burn about 31gl/hr. We have more weight in the stern than a 410, and I have box tabs, to give me as much lift as possible. Since fuel increases we take our time, and enjoy the ride. Burns very little fuel at 10kts. That is a slight bump above idle.
We have been in some unexpected horrible weather of lg. breakers,bow dipping stuff, and the boat handled very well. Chop isn't a problem at all. Following seas are probably the most uncomfortable. Mostly Bay boating for us//been to Hilton Head and back,but has been a great boat for 10yrs. old now.

Dusty "Moon River"

Homeport: Annapolis, MD Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Boat Search 40 ft 1985 Aft Topic Next Topic: Silverton Going Belly UP  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com