BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 9 | Guests: 107 ]  [ Total: 116 ]  [ Newest Member: luna sea ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Sea Ray Owners
 Push button cabin door lock 340 EC
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 48 Sedan Bridge thoughts Topic Next Topic: late 80s 390 draft  

Bigblue

RO# 32900

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  06:26:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I visted the Marine Max in NJ in Brick and inquired about the odd key for the push style lock on the sliding cabin door. They checked their stash of blanks and no luck. Anyone have any idea of where to obtain this key? I am even open to the idea of replacing the lock, I only have 1 key!!! I dont like being nervous about loosing it.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Homeport: Waretown, NJ

abalmuth

RO# 13885

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  06:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have one of the old keys does it have a number on it?

You may want to look at SouthCo.com as they make a good deal of the locks/latches for marine use

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.........

Homeport: Long Island, NY Go to Top of Page

j-d

RO# 15782

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  09:31:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was able to get our sliding cabin door key copied at a local locksmith, but we live in an area with a lot of boating. I remember Southco in discussions about this, then something like xxELCO, like Mobelco, Nobelco, or similar, but gOOgle didn't give me any hits that looked right. This'll sound bizzare, but I also remember a SeaRay key shared with Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
EDIT: http://mobellakeys.com/
Anyway, MOBELLA as well as SouthCo

God Bless, jd
1996 Sea Ray 215EC
357CID/4V/275HP RWC 1G408541 Alpha1G2 1.62 14-1/2*23*3 Aluminum

Edited by - j-d on Sep 18 2012 09:48:03

Homeport: Sunny Florida Go to Top of Page

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  12:39:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by j-d

I was able to get our sliding cabin door key copied at a local locksmith, but we live in an area with a lot of boating. I remember Southco in discussions about this, then something like xxELCO, like Mobelco, Nobelco, or similar, but gOOgle didn't give me any hits that looked right. This'll sound bizzare, but I also remember a SeaRay key shared with Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
EDIT: http://mobellakeys.com/
Anyway, MOBELLA as well as SouthCo

Harley keys are the same. I believe they are the saddle bag keys. I have a few of them I had made when I bought Saint Max. Have a real locksmith cut them. A big box store cannot. At least mine couldn't.

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

Capitalism is to this administration what Judaism was to the Third Reich.

-- Me

Homeport: Hopewell, VA Go to Top of Page

jlee815

RO# 27501

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  18:09:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can we see a picture of the lock? I got a replacement from Abloy

Jason
Doral Prestancia

Homeport: Lake Lanier GA Go to Top of Page

Bigblue

RO# 32900

Posted - Sep 29 2012 :  19:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the responses guys! ill post a pic of the key when i remember! I will do a little research from your suggestions. Keep them coming guys.

Homeport: Waretown, NJ Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 48 Sedan Bridge thoughts Topic Next Topic: late 80s 390 draft  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.39 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com