BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 85 ]  [ Total: 87 ]  [ Newest Member: Heckjo ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Regal Owners
 Regal 3780/3880, Couple of questions/advice
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 2000 Regal 402 Commodore - reduced to $89,500 Topic Next Topic: wiper motor mfg.  

ChefJunk

RO# 28882

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  09:52:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking for suggestions/help on a few things on the new boat if anyone can offer assistance. I am certain I will have more!

1. The filler cushion on the VIP bed does not fit well. The beds are not quite aligned right and the cushion/board falls through. Any suggestions?

2. There is/was a spacemaker coffee machine below the microwave. I removed the coffee maker but can't get to the bracket hardware. How do I remove the microwave to access?

3. Looking to remove the Salon tube TV. Do I remove the countertop above?

4. Does anyone have any suggestions in the galley cabinets for shelving to make the cabinet real estate more effective?

5. Thinking I'd like to store my tools in the engine room. Does anyone have any suggestions on storage methods on the stbd side that is wide open? Lot's of space!

6. My cockpit door does not close, seems to be a hardware issue. Hinges are straight but the SS catch on the other side does not permit closing.

7. I am looking to get cable run to the area above the VIP stateroom. I'm sure I can figure it out, but any recommendations?

8. My vessel has trash behind the sink door. Does anyone have a better place? Step can in the salon?

THANKS for any info you can help with! I am absolutely loving the boat and can't wait to get her fired up and untied from the dock this weekend! My only regret is that I did not start looking at this model sooner! I am truly enamored with the quality and innovative use of space in this boat!

Jim

Homeport: Sandusky, OH

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  10:37:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1) What is VIP bed? The mid stateroom? The filler comes off the wall and goes in between. I never use my but if I recall it sort of just lays in there.

2) My coffemaker is not there but I have looked at my microwave to change it to convection. I see screws under neath counter sunk.

3) Can't help. Mine is bolted to cabinet door in galley. Pics would help. I think where your TV is I have a 5.1 Sound System. I know on mine the front panel pulls off. Was a bitch to pull off but now I know how it works!

4. Nope! I use the mid stateroom as a pantry! Lots of storage under floor and under dinette.

5. Gotta figure way to make it so it don't move around. You don't like leaving them down the middle tied up? Consider making stuff out of starboard but don't drill holes! Use 5200!

6. Try loosening the latch a screw turn, worked for mine.

7. May already be a run as a TV in the mid stateroom was a option and usually they run the wires. Look for splitters. My TV is mounted to what is back of dinette seat.

8. I think that trash location is great! No room for a step can and it's out of the way. The tall white kitchen bags fit well in there.

If you have specific quesitons, I seriously tell you to call Tony Mayo at Regal customer service. He is alot of help and may still have schematics of your boat!

Tony Mayo
407-447-9226
tmayorb2rb2rb2@gr5tgr5tgr5tregalboats.com

Make sure you give him your HIN #

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Edited by - CurrentSea on Sep 21 2012 10:40:23

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page

Kellyg

RO# 19800

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  12:44:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim,

I hope I can answer a few of your questions.

1.I think Dave explained it well. I have had no problem with the filler.
2.To gain access to the screws you must remove the microwave. The front panel of the microwave is only held on
by double sided tape. Be firm,yet careful.
3.The salon TV is held in place by velcro. To ease the removal process, yes, remove the countertop above.
4.I have not redesigned the cabinets as they have worked well for me the last 12 seasons. The cabinet under the stereo, I removed the bottle rack to allow more efficient useage of that space.
5.Storage in engine compartment. I framed the flooring with angle iron (aluminim), drilled holes to allow for bungee cords, and
keep various size plastic totes down there.
6.Cockpit door: I assume you are referring to the transom door. Mine too is difficult to close. I have taken it apart, cleaned
and lubricated, but still not great.
7.To run a cable: The splitter is located behind the 12V house panel. From there, simply run up the port side, either behind the couch of in behind the window sofet.
8.Trash receptacle: I have found this to be the best place for my use. Really no other suggestions other than a garbage pail stored out in the open.

To increase storage outside the boat, check out the Regal Owners Forum for pictures of creating a large storage area under hte bridge stairs. I now store all my tools,lines and fenders there as well as folding chairs. The space is tremendous!

Gary
Mt. Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
2002 Striper 2101DC

Smooth seas never made a skillful mariner.

Homeport: Patchogue,NY Go to Top of Page

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  13:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CurrentSea

1) What is VIP bed? The mid stateroom? The filler comes off the wall and goes in between. I never use my but if I recall it sort of just lays in there.

2) My coffemaker is not there but I have looked at my microwave to change it to convection. I see screws under neath counter sunk.

3) Can't help. Mine is bolted to cabinet door in galley. Pics would help. I think where your TV is I have a 5.1 Sound System. I know on mine the front panel pulls off. Was a bitch to pull off but now I know how it works!

4. Nope! I use the mid stateroom as a pantry! Lots of storage under floor and under dinette.

5. Gotta figure way to make it so it don't move around. You don't like leaving them down the middle tied up? Consider making stuff out of starboard but don't drill holes! Use 5200!

6. Try loosening the latch a screw turn, worked for mine.

7. May already be a run as a TV in the mid stateroom was a option and usually they run the wires. Look for splitters. My TV is mounted to what is back of dinette seat.

8. I think that trash location is great! No room for a step can and it's out of the way. The tall white kitchen bags fit well in there.

If you have specific quesitons, I seriously tell you to call Tony Mayo at Regal customer service. He is alot of help and may still have schematics of your boat!

Tony Mayo
407-447-9226
tmayo at regalboats.com

Make sure you give him your HIN #

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 2000 Regal 402 Commodore - reduced to $89,500 Topic Next Topic: wiper motor mfg.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.44 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com